Share Your Sweets!

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Booo for bad pie. Or at least . . . non-good pie.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Not to bring the thread down, but I have to get this one out of my system.

A few weeks back we had a great peach pie from a bakery in Placerville, where we had stayed for a long weekend. We enjoyed it very much, and my wife decided to try and find another like it locally.

She bought this Peach Pie from Heidi's. I had a small sliver. She had a small piece. We were both completely disappointed -- it wasn't proactively bad, it just wasn't good in any way. As a true testament to its not-so-goodness, this is the pie a full week later! (mold is starting to form, as you might make out in the picture). We have three teenagers in the house with, shall we say, less than discerning palates; a pie should not have lasted more than 2 days, maybe 3 days tops. This one made it a week and is being thrown out half-eaten.

5d9zmgri5ef5.jpg

I hate bad pie. Honestly I don't have pie much anymore because it's so high in calories and you're often disappointed.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Not to bring the thread down, but I have to get this one out of my system.

A few weeks back we had a great peach pie from a bakery in Placerville, where we had stayed for a long weekend. We enjoyed it very much, and my wife decided to try and find another like it locally.

She bought this Peach Pie from Heidi's. I had a small sliver. She had a small piece. We were both completely disappointed -- it wasn't proactively bad, it just wasn't good in any way. As a true testament to its not-so-goodness, this is the pie a full week later! (mold is starting to form, as you might make out in the picture). We have three teenagers in the house with, shall we say, less than discerning palates; a pie should not have lasted more than 2 days, maybe 3 days tops. This one made it a week and is being thrown out half-eaten.

5d9zmgri5ef5.jpg

I remember that great peach pie. Sorry you got stuck with this dud.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Someone on my FL posted this recipe a long time ago. I had ricotta cheese that we didn't use this weekend so I decided to make these tonight. They are amazing, but super lemony. I think I might like them better with less/no glaze...

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2010/01/lemon-ricotta-cookies/

7jgc4grecahe.jpg
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Biscoff! I could eat a whole jar of it. <3
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    FoxyLifter wrote: »
    Biscoff! I could eat a whole jar of it. <3

Lol. I have .
  • Francl27
    Peach pie made with the peaches we picked on Tuesday. So good. Will probably have to freeze some of it though.

fmlbddj5ceey.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    Homemade blueberry crumble. Had vanilla icE cream too that I had to send my husband out for since I realized after I made the crumble we were out of ice cream!

9u16avf2lri0.jpg
    davf7surp7dz.jpg

Next week we are having a dessert cookoff with some friends, am looking for good recipes, anybody have any suggestions? This blueberry crumble was pretty tasty but not the prettiest dessert. One of the girls is a really great baker.... So the competition will be stiff!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Homemade blueberry crumble. Had vanilla icE cream too that I had to send my husband out for since I realized after I made the crumble we were out of ice cream!

9u16avf2lri0.jpg
    davf7surp7dz.jpg

Next week we are having a dessert cookoff with some friends, am looking for good recipes, anybody have any suggestions? This blueberry crumble was pretty tasty but not the prettiest dessert. One of the girls is a really great baker.... So the competition will be stiff!

I remember you posting about this. That looks delicious! What did you end up doing for the cookoff? I haven't baked anything besides pumpkin bread in years, so I wouldn't have been any help with suggestions.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Karen the blueberry crumble looks delicious!

Here's a few of the cupcakes I made this weekend, in total I made 9 dozen with 8 different flavors, but as you all know my photo taking skills are lacking but got a few that you can kind of see. The ones in this pic are: Cherry pistachio, cherry coke floats, bourbon maple bacon, and a lemon tie-dyed cupcake.

xge6eczboe6m.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    All of those cupcakes are super cute!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Everything in here looks great. I haven't been baking much. Side effect of my painting career (lol) taking off big time. Gotta get back to it.
  • WinoGelato
    I haven't been baking much either but we are in the middle of a kitchen overhaul, and in rearranging my cabinets I found a bunch of attachments for my stand mixer that I didn't even remember it had! So I think maybe I should try to use that more often... LOL.

For the bakeoff I did take the blueberry crumble, but the funniest thing was, I forgot the oats in the topping, which really makes the dish! We ended up in a 3 way tie. Good food was had by all.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I haven't been baking much either but we are in the middle of a kitchen overhaul, and in rearranging my cabinets I found a bunch of attachments for my stand mixer that I didn't even remember it had! So I think maybe I should try to use that more often... LOL.

For the bakeoff I did take the blueberry crumble, but the funniest thing was, I forgot the oats in the topping, which really makes the dish! We ended up in a 3 way tie. Good food was had by all.

No oats?! I'm sure it was still delicious.
  • Francl27
    Breakfast tomorrow. Made the dough myself during some baking classes and cooked them at home.h81n8wxw71zq.jpg
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Breakfast tomorrow. Made the dough myself during some baking classes and cooked them at home.h81n8wxw71zq.jpg

Those look great! How were they?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 wrote: »

Those look great! How were they?

So good!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Aw2GtPl.jpg
    mHwzMST.jpg
    I made these yesterday and everyone seemed to like them.
  • Francl27
    Aw2GtPl.jpg
    mHwzMST.jpg
    I made these yesterday and everyone seemed to like them.

What are those? Looks good!