Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Another hot one in MS.
    I am waiting for my annual mammogram and then see the doctor. Not my favorite thing to do!!!
    Will be here for awhile people everywhere.
    Have a good day.
    Nancy
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I waved some 8 pound hand weights around, not as easy as it looks. My weaker shoulder grumbled all night as did my knees from doing the chair sitting/standing repetition sets. I'm sure this will be useful muscle later and eventually my joints will get stronger.

Scale is 198.2, lower this morning. I expect some muscle gain/water retention/muscle repair increases as I begin this strength training portion, but I'm going to fight to remain in Onderland.

I ate a dessert last night, a serving of Breyers Gelato indulgences (the mint one). I was so tempted by the commercials, but I made sure I had the calories first. I love gelato but this was more gelato made by an ice cream company. Not good enough, not worth the price; my family liked it, but my palate is better than theirs! Ha.

Now I know I can remove that product from my list of temptations.

In the future I'll be visiting our small, local, owned by recent immigrants from Italy, Gelato shop when I want that treat. It might cost more for the calories, but it tastes wayyyyyyyy better.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Eninad wrote: »
    I waved some 8 pound hand weights around, not as easy as it looks. My weaker shoulder grumbled all night as did my knees from doing the chair sitting/standing repetition sets. I'm sure this will be useful muscle later and eventually my joints will get stronger.

Scale is 198.2, lower this morning. I expect some muscle gain/water retention/muscle repair increases as I begin this strength training portion, but I'm going to fight to remain in Onderland.

I ate a dessert last night, a serving of Breyers Gelato indulgences (the mint one). I was so tempted by the commercials, but I made sure I had the calories first. I love gelato but this was more gelato made by an ice cream company. Not good enough, not worth the price; my family liked it, but my palate is better than theirs! Ha.

Now I know I can remove that product from my list of temptations.

In the future I'll be visiting our small, local, owned by recent immigrants from Italy, Gelato shop when I want that treat. It might cost more for the calories, but it tastes wayyyyyyyy better.

Good for you! It will easier as you get stronger and soreness should go away. If shoulder is too painful, you may want to drop to fives on the last set. Drink that water!
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. Is it Sunday yet? This stay at home thing is so hard to do. It is so much easier to lose weight than stay home. I am hoping I can get a few pics of my kids today. But....... I have to be able to get away from my sewing machine first....... Here's to another 5 hour day of sewing on costumes........

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you Rachel.. Sorry another delayed on closing. I thought I look the frozen foods over pretty good but I did not see anything without meat or gluten ad a good lunch today of Black eyes peas, boiled cabbage and green beans ice tea

How are those precious Kitties/ my Kit cats are doing great/Sleep eat, play poop constantly, jerry is keeping their litter box clean for he is afraid I would lose my balance and fall again.. He don't like having to go get the a neighbors over to help him get me up. I don't blame him. We are getting my wash done today

Talking about the weather we are really in for some hot ones. 108 by Monday. They say around the 15th of the month. things should be cooler Bring it on. I even bought me some gluten free rice cheks , way to hot for my oatmeal.

Connie glad to hear you have lost some water weight. Maybe this is what you been needing...Really shake your body up.

<3<3 Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Thursday!

Marie..so good to see you! I hope you are doing better. It's very hot here, too, although we had a good, soaking rain yesterday.

I've walked the dog and had breakfast. My plan is to go to the store for produce this morning because it won't last through the weekend, and I hate going on weekends.

The scales are in my favor again this morning. One more pound and I will be back to pre-maintenance weight. My official weigh day will be Monday, though, and I set MFP last Monday to reflect the gain so I could begin with a clean slate. I know it is only water weight, but I feel good that the few pounds gained are saying goodbye quickly!

Make it a great day, losers! Stay strong!

Connie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Great news Connie. I know you are one happy camper.
    I got me some pintos going for dinner tonight Have not had any in several weeks. Will finish off my blackeyes peas at lunch. . and the boiled cabbage.
    I think they said we are going for 10 5 today. in the temperature trend and p a degree as the week progressed. its seems kind of late in the summer for such hot weather, and not a drop of rain in 30 days .

My scales are dropping some now too..

Lets et thru these hot summer days and do stay cool.
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    <3 They said there was an error to try again. so just checking it out Seems to be fine now
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Glad to see the scale moving down for you, Connie and Marie. Its in the 70's here today and rain off and on. We needed it too, tbe grass was looking brown in spots. I have good news to report, my sister finally came home yesterday evening, after exactly 3 months of hospitals and nursing home. We are all so happy, at one point I wasnt sure she would ever go home. My tomato plants have been really producing plenty of tomatos. I have given away quite a few and yesterday I made a batch of pico di gio and a big tomato pie casserole. Tommorrow I am going for my mammogram, got my car fixed Tuesday, I am trying to get some things I have been putting off. Gotta go. Have a good day, everyone. Janice
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good to hear your weight is almost back at maintain level @lovesretirement and it's ready to move from that fresh slate. Congratulations on sticking with the rebuild process, that's tough to do Connie.

@CALIECAT Happy to hear your scale is recognizing effort as well, and you're bearing up under the hot weather. My friend ran a 31K in this Arizona heat, took him 4 hours, I can't take 15 minutes walking in it. Some people have high tolerances!

@SeeAhtter787 I can't believe how lazy you've become, just sitting at the sewing machine... frittering away...next thing I'll hear is the stories are on and you're popping chocolates without bothering to get dressed. That's what stay at home mom's do, right?

@eyegirl777va I hope they detected nothing but healthy on your mammogram visit and that your efforts to manage weight start showing up on the scale or in the tape measure. The activity is good for your heart regardless of what we can measure directly.

Oh Rachel! How many delays can there be... well, I don't really want to ask that, I just can't wait until you're all tucked into the new place, what a great first holiday season you will have in your new home, am I right?

@janiceclark08 That's great about your sister, generally people do much better when they can be in familiar surroundings. We never want the familiar to become hospital space. The taste of fresh tomatoes is a great childhood memory for me, it was one of the free foods we could help ourselves to at the farm when I was growing up; that and berries or apples, if we could get them before the birds or worms. With a lot of kids I was always trying to grab more foods! I was thin my whole childhood, all that running about and lean healthy eating. I didn't know what I had. Getting back to it now, a lot later in life.

Tonight I will do lifting and strength bits again. I'm seeing definition in my calf from biking and I feel the muscles in my arms, but they are obscured by the batwings. I suppose in three months those wings might be smaller. I'm not sure they will ever go away, but I have a long road yet. I'm still under 200 and working downward.
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    @lovesretirement- Connie I am hoping you will see great results soon.
    @CALLIECAT Marie hope you are doing better.
    @Eninad Thanks for the encouragement.
    @janiceclark08 Janice so happy that you got your sister home after the long stay at hospital and NH.
    For everyone else hope you are doing well.
    Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I got caught up on everyone's posts which has been a challenge like my eating this summer. We got back from our cruise
    with our members which brought some rain but not too much to spoil things. We took an extra two days at another port
    where we could ride our bikes and we managed 7 miles on that day. I met my 10,000 step most days but WI Fi was spotty
    in some areas to keep track of my progress.

I am frustrated with all the snacking we have been doing. I talked to Hubby today and said no snacks on our week at the
    cottage which will be in a couple weeks and our last cruise of the season with our boat on Labor Day in September. I have
    to put a stop to it and try and get back to what I do at home. Another thing I have not been doing is tracking my meals while
    away and things seem to be getting out of hand. I didn't weigh in on the Thanksgiving challenge because we just got back
    from our boating yesterday and now I am dealing with sodium again.

Thanks for listening, it helps when I type it and can see what changes I have to make again. Old habits are so hard to break.

STEPHANIE - Great day and muscle definition that you can see. It shows all your hard work is paying off.
    CONNIE - I am interested to see what your cut in calories will do this time around.
    MARIE - Did I read that you fell again? Please go to the heart doctor, maybe a change in meds might help you with the
    swelling. <3
    JANICE- Lose 20 gain 25 I have been there with you. I am trying to keep a certain range right now in weight and have
    been but not losing like I want to.
    ESTHER - You do alot for your kids which is great, but you need some you time too.
    RUTHIE - Nice to hear you had a great time on the Gulf. When we go to Florida that is the side we stay on all the time.
    Welcome back to the group.

Hi to Rachal, Faye, Cristina and anyone else I missed.

Shirley
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

just checking in quickly!! getting ready for the kids to come home! i keep looking to buy something for my daughter, it's her birthday on thursday. i keep ending up buying something for me intend:( i did get her some clothes and a pair of boots. i will take her shopping next week:)

so i did cheat a little yesterday, i had some of a cookie and some chocolate. I'm totally good with that, i have been really strict most of the summer. although, i must admit i really love what i eat.

connie, great news

marie, you are going to turn into a bean, i dioenjoy them myself

ester, we need to come up with a new name for moms

nancy, hope you are good!

shirley, glad to see you are back

time for dinner....we are going out....again :)

stephanie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for being there for me with my sister and her sickness.
    Shirley-I hope I am done with the yo-yo. I bagged up another batch of big clothes, also my husband made the comment about some of the stretch shorts, I have been wearing around the house, so I guess I need to get rid of them too, but first I need to replace them. He is right they are way to big, but so comfortable. Oh well, he's buying, I guess I'm going shopping, to buy some smaller shorts. Janice
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Oh Eninad.........that is all I do. I sit on my butt, pop Bon bons and watch soaps. All day every day. Unless I am sewing on costumes. B)

And then today to make things better. The bookseller is sick. Performance is tomorrow. So now Shaundra (my oldest) is now that part. She had tonight to get the lines and tomorrow to get the actions down. Luckily she had a costume from a different part that she was cut from that she can use for the bookseller. It s a quick change from the enchantress to the bookseller but the bookseller skirt will fit under her enchantress dress. All she needs is a blouse over the skirt. And right after that she is a wolf and needs black pants and shirt. So poor girl will have pants skirt petticoat and nice ball gown all on at once so she can change fairly quickly. She is worried but she will be just fine. I'm so ready to be done with this play. Show is tomorrow night and we are still doing costumes. Oh well. We will get it together I hope

Esther
  • kmollinger
    kmollinger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I just returned from a three week trip to Europe and gained 5 pounds (to my dismay)...

You have been my inspiration to lose the last 30 pounds (since January), so I just read a few posts to get me inspired again! I will start tracking again today so I can continue my weight-loss journey with your help (and MFP) of course!!

Have a great Friday and weekend,

Karin from Quebec City, Canada
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Friday!

Just wanted to peek in and will return to chat later today...

Stay strong!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning misfits,
    Hope you are having a good day.
    Got in my bike exercise this am.
    Still mostly staying inside as it is so hot and not a drop of rain
    in about a month.
    Make it a good day.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello. I did post but don't see it. Let me see if this goes thru.
    Nancy looks like we are going to be in this cycle a few more days or may weeks.We went to te store this morning and boy was it ever hot.I just may have Cold cereal tonight and a Banana.

I did called my doctor this morning and was told to put very warm hot moist compress on my leaky leg. So Jerry has been busy warming towel up all afternoon.

Welcome back Karen. How was Europe.? I must admit I don't remember you but again I have very poor memory.
    You need to filled us in.Again.
    Stay cool Misfits
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    It's pretty quiet in here, losers. Where are you guys?

Nancy..it has rained/stormed everyday for two days here and we really, really needed it!

Janice..baggy pants are a good problem to have :). Have fun shopping for new ones; they should be on sale now. Glad to hear good news about your sister.

Steph..what are you buying for yourself?

Shirley..when you get back to your normal routine, things will settle and you can plan better.

I had a pretty busy day. I trained this morning at the gym then went to an early movie. I planned for popcorn and throughly enjoyed it.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Connie