NSV's

Options

Replies

• Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I did 50 burpees back to back in my Power Hour class today. When the instructor said to do 50 (this was in the last 10 minutes of class, and we'd already done about 50 burpees mixed in with our other exercises throughout the class), we were all just looking at each other like she was completely insane.

I'm proud to say that I'm one of three people (the instructor included) who managed to get through all 50 in the allotted time--about 2 1/2 minutes. :smiley:

That's great! :)
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Some things happen beneath the surface of what the scale measures or how your jeans fit

My HIIT training and long bike rides are slowly driving my resting heart rate down.

I remember when in the 80's was great, then the 70's. My Dr thought high 60's was as good as it would get.

The interesting thing is that the last month has been very low carb and high meat content with fibrous vegetables

I have had sports drinks and gel packs but only during long exercise periods.

Low carb eating and long duration cardio had an extremely good effect on my heart. Kind of now what I expected out of efforts to become more fat adapted.

For a reference point, 2 years ago my BP was a scary 165/110 and around 105 BPM. Just a time bomb waiting to die.

6syw3irdcdde.jpg
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    @KittensMaster those are awesome stats - congratulations
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Great stats KittensMaster!

I can see my collar bones again! And last night my husband said my shoulders were getting bony.

Now if the weight would just start coming off my belly.
  • Schmeggly80
    Schmeggly80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My ketostix just turned the darkest purple I have ever seen them! Definitely on the right track this go around.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I wore a sleeveless top today without feeling self conscious about my arms!!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Just noticed I have Thigh Gap! My teens tell me that is a very good thing. After losing 115 pounds, I better have it!! Lol.
    So worth the struggle. I just feel better and I like myself more. Don't know if that's a good thing, but it's true! Happy girl.
  • KittensMaster
    Options
    Legs are getting some muscles in them. Finally got the split in the muscles above my knee

ey2zfzl7qch5.jpg
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I didn't even lick the Nutella off my fingers when I made my son his birthday requested breakfast of Nutella pancakes this morning. I literally made a disgusted face at it when I realized I had gotten it all over my fingers! Lol

:astonished: This was me a few hours ago! I was in charge of cutting the cake and dishing out the cake and ice cream. I got some on my fingers and almost freaked out from disgust. :lol: I thought today was going to be a hard day due to the birthday party, but my mind is fat trained now. :mrgreen:
  • mcpostelle
    Options
    I was in pictures again today and actually thought I was my skinny sister! ~20lbs loss has done wonders to my face. :smiley:
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Spent the entire day pretty much swimming and being very active. My bathing suit was too big! Strap kept falling off and the butt was so baggy it wasn't funny.

And.... went to Golden Corral. Wasn't even remotely tempted by anything off plan! WOOT
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    mcpostelle wrote: »
    I didn't even lick the Nutella off my fingers when I made my son his birthday requested breakfast of Nutella pancakes this morning. I literally made a disgusted face at it when I realized I had gotten it all over my fingers! Lol

:astonished: This was me a few hours ago! I was in charge of cutting the cake and dishing out the cake and ice cream. I got some on my fingers and almost freaked out from disgust. :lol: I thought today was going to be a hard day due to the birthday party, but my mind is fat trained now. :mrgreen:

It's great to not be tempted by stuff that will throw you off plan isn't it? I love it!
    I have had people tell me they would never want to NOT want cake.... Why? I thought that was such a weird thing to say. It's not offering you any nutrition so if you didn't like it, you wouldn't miss it and then wouldn't over eat it... You wouldn't be sad about it. I promise. Lol
  • KittensMaster
    Options
    mcpostelle wrote: »

It's great to not be tempted by stuff that will throw you off plan isn't it? I love it!
    I have had people tell me they would never want to NOT want cake.... Why? I thought that was such a weird thing to say. It's not offering you any nutrition so if you didn't like it, you wouldn't miss it and then wouldn't over eat it... You wouldn't be sad about it. I promise. Lol

I agree with you!

I look at things like that as a detour to the road I'm on. If it isn't getting me to where I want to go.... I'm not doing it!!

• Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ ......I totally agree! I went to a brunch buffet today, and wasn't tempted at all. I ate bacon, eggs, sausage and prime rib. My friends tried to get me to give in for one day, but it wasn't worth it. Even the French toast couldn't break me!!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I posted my loss stats for the last year (I'm doing one each birthday) on my blog. I posted a picture without freaking out about it. Also, I did the actual numbers and although I still have a ways to go, I've come a long way. I guess I'm proud of myself. With my weight and heart, we weren't even sure I'd make it to 45 and here I am with great numbers. The non-scale number... total loss of 101.5 inches in 1 calendar year. Go me!
  • mcpostelle
    Options
    Today my nsv is a loss of 1.5 inches total from my waist and thighs. Scale number remained the same, but I'm ecstatic about that 1.5'' total loss! :mrgreen: I used to have a tiny waist, can't wait to get it back.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I fit into a Victoria's Secret tankini I purchased several years ago for a cruise with friends... when I was at my skinniest! Not only did it fit, but it didn't ride up! I wore it at MIL's yesterday. :blush:
  • KittensMaster
    Options
    Low carb endurance training is still giving benefits.

This morning after a little cardio I wanted to check my heart rate

I checked it multiple times on both arms to be sure

I'm kind of amazed. Even at 54 low carb and exercise works

Resting heart rate 46

moqelblvu3ol.jpg
    image.jpg 1002.5K
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Holy Smokes @Kittens! That's amazing !
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Wow! Resting heart rate of 46 - after cardio! Amazing!