NSV's

Options

Replies

• boohooboo
    boohooboo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    boohooboo wrote: »
    1) i have eaten less than 10 grams of sugar every day for over 4 weeks.

2) i have not even tried to invade my kids' chocolates and fritos in the cabinet.

3) i have gone to restaurants without ordering things i can not eat.

4) despite the fact that i am wildly discouraged )week 1, lost 6 pounds, week 2, 1 pound, weeks 3 and 4 -- nothing), i am continuing on, hoping that somehow, i will have something to show for my stick-to-itiveness... i hope!

Hey check your waist size and other measurements. I lost inches for the first 6 weeks and not one pound. Remember limiting sugar while important it is your total carbs that is you only real concern if you want to eat very LCHF.

thanks -- you know, i never wrote down what they were when i started (duh!) so this was a good reminder to put in those measurements! :-)
  • Goooosfraba333
    Goooosfraba333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am onto day three of getting back on the bandwagon....For Good...and I feel fresher and less bloated already. Its already a lot easier this time around than the first, and it's all thanks to the good advice from you guys!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    I wore a pair of pants today that I bought when I was 30 pounds lighter eating a SAD diet, pretty cool.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I walked a mile in under 20 minutes and even jogged for one of those minutes. Baby steps...

Oh, and my workout pants have a super cool hidden inner pocket for my iPod. Finding that was like finding a $20 bill in the bottom of your purse.
  • J9Lynn93
    J9Lynn93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Stupid question, but what does NSV mean. While you are at it, what is WOE and WOL. :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @J9Lynn93 I just read that yesterday. I think it is Non Scales Victory.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Pardon, but I'm new-ish...what does NSV stand for?
    J9Lynn93 wrote: »
    Stupid question, but what does NSV mean. While you are at it, what is WOE and WOL. :)

I was were you both are now when I started this diet 11 months ago. SO I made a blog to help newbies with these terms. Here is the link, bookmark it:

Blog #10 Keto: Abbreviations, Acronyms & Terminology Used on the LCD & Keto Discussion Groups Updated

And I had to break out these groups:

DittoDan's Keto Sub Groups Blog

I constantly update them. If you see something I missed, let me know and I'll update it immediately.

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / IF / Sedentary
    100 pounds down, 24 to go.
    It's Ketogenic or Bariatric Surgery! How I Found the Ketogenic Diet
    Previous Discussions on the LCD & Keto Groups
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    WOE. Way of eating.
    WOL. Way of life.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I wore a pair of pants today that I bought when I was 30 pounds lighter eating a SAD diet, pretty cool.

What's up with this? I'm back in pants I wore when I met my hubby, but I'm still at least 10-15 lbs heavier.
  • DisappearingTwinkie
    DisappearingTwinkie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My hubs and I are Keto. After a couple months that we can now hug fully and not look like two T-rex wrestling, or doing the half hug thing. I missed hugging and embracing him while kissing.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Went on vacation, cheated only slightly on alcohol, didn't gain anything, came back and got right back on track with no problems.

For me, that's a first!

Also got my first how much weight have you lost question!
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    was at the doctor today. Blood sugar was 54 (about 97 american) down from 56 last year, taking me from pre-diabetes range to normal. Not a huge difference, but it also lets me know for sure that I am prone to insulin resistance and this is the WOE for me.
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Keto_T wrote: »
    Not a victory per se, but today did my first exercise class in decades! Zumba was fun, but spent quite a lot of the time wishing my waist was as tiny as the instructor's. :p

Doing the class is totally a victory. Way to go!

Good job. Zumba is a great workout!
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I went to Golden Corral to day and stayed completely on plan. I stuck with meat and vegetables. I even had 3 strawberries for desert. I also did Zumba today. I'm still way under my calories and carbs!
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Two things this week:

Tried on a bikini from 20 years ago and the bottoms were loose and the top just a little tight.

Wore a suit I bought at the beginning of summer to an interview yesterday and it was too loose. As I approached the glass doors of the office building, I saw an hour-glass figure instead of a pear.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Yesterday the skinny pants, that previously got big in the hips and waist but still held up thanks to my thighs, started sliding down even lower!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm not completely sure about this one yet, and maybe I never will be, but... It seems like I have a much milder and more manageable case of the stomach nasties than my husband does. Occasional stomach cramps and diarrhea, but not as bad as his, and my energy is still high. I don't have that rundown flu feeling, even after two days of poor sleep.

My husband doesn't follow a LCHF diet or any program at all. He just eats what he wants, doesn't gain much weight, and stays pretty healthy most of the time.

I don't know if LCHF is to thank for this, but I'm very grateful!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @mlinton_mesapark my 40 years of serious IBS started to get better after 4 months and by 6 months had resolved when I started eating < 50 grams of carbs daily and making them up with fats. Actually started LCHF (did not know the name at the time) Oct 2014 hoping to manage joint and muscle pain and within 30 days it got me out of critical pain levels. Another 30 pounds has come off since I have been LCHF which helps take a load off my joints and cut inflammation all over.

Keep up your good results. My wife is starting to toy with increasing her fats by using some coconut oil but I will continue to be a non nagging by example promoter of LCHF. :)
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    My best NSV...

I have found someone I want to spend my days with. A sweet beautiful woman I can't stop looking at.

She enjoys the active life and will be joining me riding sometimes.

In the past I would have never talked to her

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    Aawww, @KittensMaster, that's wonderful ! I bet you feel like a different person altogether.