Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,106 Member
    Options
    good morning, had an awesome weekend love having weekends off . Roger over the last couple of years everytime I would find change on our walk I would put it in a piggy bank well took the change to the bank on saturday you are never going to believe it was $90.00 I was really surprised it came out to be that much so on sunday when I found a penny it went back in the piggy bank it is amazing how fast it adds up. well hope everyone has a good day
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,045 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Irene-Wow $90.00, your reward for getting your walks in. :)
    Roger-I am glad you are feeling better.
    Vix-I agree with Roger about the couch.
    Today I am going over to my daughters apartment to wait for the contractor. She has 2 broken kitchen drawers that need to be fixed. Since she just started her new job, she didn't want to ask for time off, so Mom to the rescue. :)
    Other than that I have nothing planned for the day.
    Enjoy your day.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene....$90, how cool is that!!! :smiley:
    Jo, hope you have a nice day off....bring some good reading material with you. :)
    Roger, it is so amazing you have lost 180 pounds....I am having trouble trying to lose 20 or 30! I am now bouncing up and down 3-4 pounds. Health is the most important thing.
    We will probably replace the foam inside the cushions of the couch. I think we have mostly fixed the rest of it. :) Thanks for your suggestions. :)
    I am heading back to the gym today, but will take it easy. Just a yoga class, so I can modify things down or skip anything that's too hard.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I Walked again this morning 2.75 Miles & 25 cents, warm at 76 degrees, Dew Point in the 70s making it humid too.
    We worked on the Roto Tiller yesterday, New Fuel line, flushed the tank. Runs on a prime in the carburetor only. It looks like I need to order a rebuild kit for the Carb. Not totally unexpected, it sat for over 10 years with fuel in the tank, My brother forgot to run it dry when it was put away. Oh Well :)

Have a Really Great Monday
    Roger
    good morning, had an awesome weekend love having weekends off . Roger over the last couple of years everytime I would find change on our walk I would put it in a piggy bank well took the change to the bank on saturday you are never going to believe it was $90.00 I was really surprised it came out to be that much so on sunday when I found a penny it went back in the piggy bank it is amazing how fast it adds up. well hope everyone has a good day

Hi Irene
    In the past I had a change jar where I put loose pocket change and when I took the coins down to the bank to use the change counter in the Lobby, over the years I had accumulated a couple hundred dollars :)

$90 just from the walking is amazing. Many days I might find nothing or 1 cent. Today was 25 Cents, 2 dimes and a nickel.

Have a Nice day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Irene-Wow $90.00, your reward for getting your walks in. :)
    Roger-I am glad you are feeling better.
    Vix-I agree with Roger about the couch.
    Today I am going over to my daughters apartment to wait for the contractor. She has 2 broken kitchen drawers that need to be fixed. Since she just started her new job, she didn't want to ask for time off, so Mom to the rescue. :)
    Other than that I have nothing planned for the day.
    Enjoy your day.

Hi Joanne
    Still feeling somewhat better each day, still not 100% but better.

Isn't it nice that She is close enough for You to do that. My One Brother moved to the Midwest and the Other to the west coast. Not a quick pop in and visit type of location.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Irene....$90, how cool is that!!! :smiley:
    Jo, hope you have a nice day off....bring some good reading material with you. :)
    Roger, it is so amazing you have lost 180 pounds....I am having trouble trying to lose 20 or 30! I am now bouncing up and down 3-4 pounds. Health is the most important thing.
    We will probably replace the foam inside the cushions of the couch. I think we have mostly fixed the rest of it. :) Thanks for your suggestions. :)
    I am heading back to the gym today, but will take it easy. Just a yoga class, so I can modify things down or skip anything that's too hard.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It sounds as if You have made progress on the mildew front.

As for the loss, I wish I only had 20 or 30 to lose when I started...............
    The More You need to lose the easier it is.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, when I started in 2006 I had 60-70 to lose. It took me a year to lose 40, then another 6 months to lose 10, then the weight loss stopped. Then I gained about 15-20 back. I let it stay there for a while, then last year gained about another 10! Most of the extra 10 is gone now, but seem to be stuck again. Not good to be stuck at 20-30 pounds over. Oh well. I'm going to work harder at trying to stick to better food, cut out the little bit of junk that I've added in, and do the best I can. Not going to beat myself up, my body is doing that for me all on it's own.
    Glad you're feeling better and hopefully you'll be back to 100% soon. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all, Roger you are doing great. I loose a couple of pounds and then stop so I need to get better at it. It is hard to believe it is the first of sept already getting so excited for vacation I wanted to loose 2 more pounds before I go but that's not looking so good need to get back to the plan . Went for our walk this morning wow it is warm out today and tomorrow is suppose to be like 97 that's just a little too warm well gotta go to work have a great day
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning,
    Irene, it's good that you're consistent with your walks. It's forecast for the high 80s here for the next few days, that's plenty hot for me! Have a good day at work.
    I have my clay class today. That's always fun.
    Hope everyone has an enjoyable day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I was out walking today, slightly better conditions than Yesterday for walking :)

I pulled the next 5 days food from the cupboard and created menus for those days. I have a couple of frozen dinners and 8+ Frozen Lunches left that I am working on using up. My Order closed out Sunday at 6PM. I wonder if it will make it here before the Labor Day holiday. My NutriSystem orders have been processing slower than When I started with them.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
    Roger, when I started in 2006 I had 60-70 to lose. It took me a year to lose 40, then another 6 months to lose 10, then the weight loss stopped. Then I gained about 15-20 back. I let it stay there for a while, then last year gained about another 10! Most of the extra 10 is gone now, but seem to be stuck again. Not good to be stuck at 20-30 pounds over. Oh well. I'm going to work harder at trying to stick to better food, cut out the little bit of junk that I've added in, and do the best I can. Not going to beat myself up, my body is doing that for me all on it's own.
    Glad you're feeling better and hopefully you'll be back to 100% soon. :)

Hi Vix
    Some people are slower at losing than others. There was a slow loser message thread over on the Old forums. Sometimes we all hot a plateau and then the loss starts up again.

Good Luck
    Roger
    hi all, Roger you are doing great. I loose a couple of pounds and then stop so I need to get better at it. It is hard to believe it is the first of sept already getting so excited for vacation I wanted to loose 2 more pounds before I go but that's not looking so good need to get back to the plan . Went for our walk this morning wow it is warm out today and tomorrow is suppose to be like 97 that's just a little too warm well gotta go to work have a great day

Hi Irene
    I think most of use are doing good. Even I have pauses in the loss. So far this week is looking poorly :) I have faith that the losses will start up when my Body is ready however.

I believe that the heat wave is supposed to run through Friday, Yuck!

Have a Good day at work
    Roger
    Good morning,
    Irene, it's good that you're consistent with your walks. It's forecast for the high 80s here for the next few days, that's plenty hot for me! Have a good day at work.
    I have my clay class today. That's always fun.
    Hope everyone has an enjoyable day. :)

Hi Vix
    Lucky You, better weather than NJ is having :)

Have Fun at the Clay Class
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-awesome job on the weight loss. My order shipped out on 8/31 and fedex tracking says it should be delivered Wed. 9/2. I hope so, I only have 1 breakfast item left.
    I think I will try your method of planning out my food for the week. I really need to get into weight loss mode again.
    I have been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. for a while now.
    Vix-I hope replacing the foam in the cushions works. How did yoga go yesterday?
    Irene-Warm here too. I got a robo call from national grid stating it will be hot the next couple of days and to turn my thermostat to 78 to keep my bill down. I usually keep it set at 72. The house is very comfortable at that setting.
    I am going to get my roots colored tomorrow and a haircut after work.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Roger, yes, it takes me forever to lose....I'm used to it, but would like to get it going again. :)
    Jo, I think replacing the cushions will work, also used carpet cleaner under where the cushions go, I think that will work pretty well too. :) I am thinking about getting highlights, but will probably wait til my next haircut. Yoga was a little painful. I'm not sure the new medicine is working....I feel dopey and lethargic. I had such a bad pain in my lower back that I took 2 Alleve this morning, and I noticed my hips and ribs are still sore. Luckily I am going back to the doc on 9/10, so it won't be long before I can discuss this with him again. Also, I'll give the med a little longer to see if I get used to it and if it helps a little more.
    Our weather is not that bad here. It did go up to 91 today, but that's not awful.
    Have a good evening, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all, well it sure got hot at work yesterday hopefully today won't be so hot . I go next friday to get hi lights and cut It always looks so nice after it is done. Vix hope you start to feel better it is hard when your back hurts I have been having back pain for awhile now hope it goes a way soon well need to go to work have a great day
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning
    Thanks, Irene...have a good day at work, stay cool. :)
    The sky was all pink this morning. Going to the gym. I'll see what I can do in the body flow class.
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I Went out walking earlier today, 5:21AM, It was better than yesterday, Whew!

several blocks from the house a Walking Appetite AKA Deer ran out of a front yard on down the side street heading towards the brook over that way. We suspect that they live in the brush and trees along the brooks here in town.

I see that I have a NS Shipment out for delivery today or tomorrow, that answers my question will anything ship before the Holiday. It did not indicate what is out for shipment unfortunately, Frozen, Shelf Stable or both. I seem to only get a email on whichever of them is the first to ship :)

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Rogerr
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-awesome job on the weight loss. My order shipped out on 8/31 and fedex tracking says it should be delivered Wed. 9/2. I hope so, I only have 1 breakfast item left.
    I think I will try your method of planning out my food for the week. I really need to get into weight loss mode again.
    I have been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. for a while now.
    Vix-I hope replacing the foam in the cushions works. How did yoga go yesterday?
    Irene-Warm here too. I got a robo call from national grid stating it will be hot the next couple of days and to turn my thermostat to 78 to keep my bill down. I usually keep it set at 72. The house is very comfortable at that setting.
    I am going to get my roots colored tomorrow and a haircut after work.

Hi Joanne
    I usually get mine the day after it ships, This one looks like it might take an extra day, Tracking shows expected delivery today but status shows, 10:46 am Departed FedEx location HAGERSTOWN, MD. So I do not see how it will get here today. That means tomorrow will most likely be busy as I want to make a Bank run and Food Run and then I will need to check in the Shipment. Fortunately due to my habit of keeping a reserve of food I have plenty left to last past the Holiday, I just want my Frozen for variety :)

Short a breakfast item, Jimmy Dean has some lower calorie breakfast items such as the
    Jimmy Dean Canadian Bacon, Egg White & Cheese Honey Wheat English Muffin (Delights) 210 Calories and tasty too.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all.
    Roger, yes, it takes me forever to lose....I'm used to it, but would like to get it going again. :)
    Jo, I think replacing the cushions will work, also used carpet cleaner under where the cushions go, I think that will work pretty well too. :) I am thinking about getting highlights, but will probably wait til my next haircut. Yoga was a little painful. I'm not sure the new medicine is working....I feel dopey and lethargic. I had such a bad pain in my lower back that I took 2 Alleve this morning, and I noticed my hips and ribs are still sore. Luckily I am going back to the doc on 9/10, so it won't be long before I can discuss this with him again. Also, I'll give the med a little longer to see if I get used to it and if it helps a little more.
    Our weather is not that bad here. It did go up to 91 today, but that's not awful.
    Have a good evening, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I hope the new medicine starts working soon. I think I would have probably tried Asprin or OTC Motrin.

Good Luck
    Roger
    hi all, well it sure got hot at work yesterday hopefully today won't be so hot . I go next friday to get hi lights and cut It always looks so nice after it is done. Vix hope you start to feel better it is hard when your back hurts I have been having back pain for awhile now hope it goes a way soon well need to go to work have a great day

Hi Irene
    This morning was much better, I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrows weather :)

Have a Good Day at Work
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-I got my shipment today. So I think you will probably get yours tomorrow.
    Vix-I hope you get some relief from your meds soon. It is no fun being in pain.
    Irene-I hope you are cooler at work today.
    I just got in and there was a message on my answering machine from a stern woman stating that this was my final notice and I was being sued by the IRS and they gave me a # to call. I googled the # and it is a scam. I highly doubt the IRS would call. They usually send snail mail.
    If there is a # on my phone that I do not recognize I always google it. Most of the time it is telemarketers.
    Well, I feel like a new woman. Nothing like a haircut and color to make you feel good. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good for you, Jo. IRS wouldn't call, and they wouldn't threaten sueing you! They do travel by snail mail. :) Good not to call any numbers you don't recognize. Yay for getting your NS delivery, and a haircut and color! :)
    I'm pretty sure most meds take a while to kick in, so I'm thinking I'll feel better soon. :) The doc said it was ok to take Alleve , but to be careful. I try not to take too much of any kind of medicine, but sometimes I need to take some.
    Roger, glad you're getting your shipment. :) The weather was pretty nice early this morning, but heated up quickly here and very humid.
    The arm and hammer carpet cleaner worked well on the material parts of the sofa, the new ones even say they are good for mildew odor. Saved the couch. We should be getting the new foam for the seats later this week or next.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, vix glad you are able to save the couch I never had leather because we have always had a dog and they seem to like the couch's well today is my friday they do have ot but I don't plan on doing it so far it is not madatory well there is nothning like getting your hair done to feel good well need to go to work take care all
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    I was walking this morning, Ended up walking Three miles & 6 Cents due to having to change routes on the fly. We have not had to much lawn mower noise lately, Most of the lawns are a nice brown due to lack of rain :)
    Some leafs have been falling already too, possibly the same root cause.

Whee, My Delivery is out for delivery today, I will find out what it is when it is delivered, SS, Frozen or both.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    From Here: http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/552048/Brisk-20-minute-walk-each-day-could-reduce-risk-early-death
    Daily walk adds years to your life: Just 20 minutes a day is enough
    A BRISK daily 20-minute walk could reduce the risk of an early death by almost a third, a new study shows.
    By Mark Reynolds
    More by following the Link :)
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-I got my shipment today. So I think you will probably get yours tomorrow.
    Vix-I hope you get some relief from your meds soon. It is no fun being in pain.
    Irene-I hope you are cooler at work today.
    I just got in and there was a message on my answering machine from a stern woman stating that this was my final notice and I was being sued by the IRS and they gave me a # to call. I googled the # and it is a scam. I highly doubt the IRS would call. They usually send snail mail.
    If there is a # on my phone that I do not recognize I always google it. Most of the time it is telemarketers.
    Well, I feel like a new woman. Nothing like a haircut and color to make you feel good. :)

Hi Joanne
    Yup, without even Googling it I would know it is a scam. I had a similar call on the answering machine, Often they seem to come from someone with a American sounding name and a thick Indian Accent.
    From this site: http://www.dslreports.com/ and this subforum which I sometimes look at I can do a decent job of spotting scams. The ScamBusters SubForum http://www.dslreports.com/forum/scambusters

In fact here is a link to what sounds like what You are describing:
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30249623-IRS-Robocall-Scam

Yup at least one of my deliveries is out for delivery from the FedEx tracking :)

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
    Good for you, Jo. IRS wouldn't call, and they wouldn't threaten sueing you! They do travel by snail mail. :) Good not to call any numbers you don't recognize. Yay for getting your NS delivery, and a haircut and color! :)
    I'm pretty sure most meds take a while to kick in, so I'm thinking I'll feel better soon. :) The doc said it was ok to take Alleve , but to be careful. I try not to take too much of any kind of medicine, but sometimes I need to take some.
    Roger, glad you're getting your shipment. :) The weather was pretty nice early this morning, but heated up quickly here and very humid.
    The arm and hammer carpet cleaner worked well on the material parts of the sofa, the new ones even say they are good for mildew odor. Saved the couch. We should be getting the new foam for the seats later this week or next.

Hi Vix
    Congratulations on saving the couch, saving that money is a big win!

Humid out this morning when I went walking too. Now I need to decide, walk to the bank or drive later on after Breakfast when they are open. Then Maybe tomorrow after I have recharged my Billfold from the bank deposit off to CostCo for frozen vegetables, Fruit & Yogurt. I will need some Frozen vegetables before the Holiday so why not save at CostCo.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    good morning, vix glad you are able to save the couch I never had leather because we have always had a dog and they seem to like the couch's well today is my friday they do have ot but I don't plan on doing it so far it is not madatory well there is nothning like getting your hair done to feel good well need to go to work take care all

Hi Irene
    Where I used to work in the 80s and 90s the warehouse workers could be required to work a mandatory hour of OT if they did not get enough volunteers :)

Enjoy the Long Weekend
    Roger
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    From this site: http://www.dslreports.com/ and this subforum which I sometimes look at I can do a decent job of spotting scams. The ScamBusters SubForum http://www.dslreports.com/forum/scambusters

Thanks so much for this links. I also have been getting some of the calls that these sites listed. The grant money and the IRS. Whenever I do receive a number I don't recognize I usually google it but these sites are far better. I
  • eku0
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi
    Went to painting class this morning, still working on my large Fall painting. Hoping to finish that in the next couple of weeks. It's a nice day, but I'm sure it's going to be hot again. I have some projects to work on around the house. I have some large square pillows I need to make covers for, so I could work on that....or my painting...or there's always something to clean. :)
    Hope everyone has a lovely day. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-thanks for the links.
    Vix-Woohoo for saving the couch. Do you have a spot picked out to hang your painting? I try not to take any meds unless I am in extreme pain. The only med I take on a regular basis is omeprazole for occasional heartburn.
    Irene-Enjoy your long weekend. I am so jealous.
    Only 13 more days till London!
    Have a good rest of the afternoon and evening. :)