Options

Replies

• KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I remember putting up a belt buckle avatar pic a while back
    It generated a few comments like nice crotch shot

Oh well...

If you were never 100 pounds over weight, you don't know what it is to rediscover your lap!!!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I took a nice walk in the park after work today. I bypassed bench 1, bench 2, usual turnaround & took a break a field later. Didn't turn around :) another field, another field's perimeter, I stopped only long enough to get a stone out of my shoe. I took a break at my turnaround bench & finished back at my van. My hip didn't hurt. :D About 5k steps, 48 minutes.
    I'm on the comeback trail and stomping it hard!

BTW: Walking is easy in this park.

35o6l10dh5yb.jpg
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    My stomach doesn't stick out past my boobs anymore when I look down. B)

Guys have a similar "condition" that will go unmentioned!!

Family thread!!

Ha Ha!

Yeah, that is a good one!

Seeing my belt buckle is nice for a change.

"Well, hello old friend! Good to see you again." :D

• Sajyana
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    These are so awesome!

Coming back in from our morning walk, we noticed our fave "crazy Yankee neighbors" are back. Unlike most of our Snowbirds that arrive in late October or November, these guys come down in September when it's still boiling hot, hence the 'crazy' part.

Anyway, we walked by and Ann said, "Oh My God! I didn't say anything to you guys on your way out, because I thought you'd broken up and he was with someone new. You're so tiny, I didn't recognize you!" Well, I love her that she thinks 190 is tiny, but that might be part of the 'crazy' part. Regardless, that felt good. She hasn't seen me since January, which was 100lbs and 14 clothing sizes (30US to 16US so far) ago.

This is bloody awesome. Go you!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    These are so awesome!

Coming back in from our morning walk, we noticed our fave "crazy Yankee neighbors" are back. Unlike most of our Snowbirds that arrive in late October or November, these guys come down in September when it's still boiling hot, hence the 'crazy' part.

Anyway, we walked by and Ann said, "Oh My God! I didn't say anything to you guys on your way out, because I thought you'd broken up and he was with someone new. You're so tiny, I didn't recognize you!" Well, I love her that she thinks 190 is tiny, but that might be part of the 'crazy' part. Regardless, that felt good. She hasn't seen me since January, which was 100lbs and 14 clothing sizes (30US to 16US so far) ago.

Wow! That must have blown your neighbors mind!
    LuizH wrote: »
    I love reading these :smile:

My NSV - my husband put his arm round me when I was falling asleep last night and said "oooh, you've gone all thin" ;) . My husband NEVER notices when I lose weight (or when I gain it either, that's one of the many reasons why I love him), it's only taken a 30lbs loss for him to notice this time ;)

I also got my first "don't you think you've lost enough now?" from my mother. In a few weeks time this will start annoying me but for now it feels good :smiley:

My husband has been saying things like this for a little bit now, but just a couple days ago, he asked me how much more I plan to lose because he is worried I'm going to get too skinny and "he likes a little meat on me". Lol I said, "what am I a chicken leg?!?!"
    I can't imagine there being a time that I have to worry about being too skinny! Lol
    I remember putting up a belt buckle avatar pic a while back
    It generated a few comments like nice crotch shot

Oh well...

If you were never 100 pounds over weight, you don't know what it is to rediscover your lap!!!

Poor KittensMaster... So misunderstood on the interwebs ;)
    I took a nice walk in the park after work today. I bypassed bench 1, bench 2, usual turnaround & took a break a field later. Didn't turn around :) another field, another field's perimeter, I stopped only long enough to get a stone out of my shoe. I took a break at my turnaround bench & finished back at my van. My hip didn't hurt. :D About 5k steps, 48 minutes.

35o6l10dh5yb.jpg

That's really remarkable progress!
  • Sajyana
    Options

35o6l10dh5yb.jpg

Lovely park! Go you!

• Sajyana
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I am wearing a form fitting top to work today that was handed down to me from my daughter who wore it in high school about 6 years ago.

I bet that feels awesome. B)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I am wearing a form fitting top to work today that was handed down to me from my daughter who wore it in high school about 6 years ago.

I bet that feels awesome. B)

LOL, sure does ! I had so much fun wearing that yesterday ! Just the idea of it, I still can't believe it. (I have to admit that I boasted a bit to a few co-workers and told them it was my daughter's top.) I have always been the fat girl, so it feels good to see my shape emerging again. I think I will finally be emotionally strong enough to handle this weight loss. It feels good to look good ! I can finally look in the mirror and not be horrified by what I see. I look OK.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    @KittensMaster Laps are awesome. I've missed mine, but it's back!
    @KenSmith108 That's a gorgeous view. It's nice to be able to enjoy it instead of dread it.
    @Kitnthecat That's such an awesome accomplishment.

Mine today... For the first time in 15 years, I did a back flip. I was standing outside with the dog and though, "What the hell, give it a shot. Won't be the first wrist I've broken." I did it and hey! My body does remember how to do it. Being little again is going to be a lot of fun.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    @KittensMaster Laps are awesome. I've missed mine, but it's back!
    @KenSmith108 That's a gorgeous view. It's nice to be able to enjoy it instead of dread it.
    @Kitnthecat That's such an awesome accomplishment.

Mine today... For the first time in 15 years, I did a back flip. I was standing outside with the dog and though, "What the hell, give it a shot. Won't be the first wrist I've broken." I did it and hey! My body does remember how to do it. Being little again is going to be a lot of fun.

Are you kidding?! Wow! Now THAT is an NSV!
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Today, I was cleaning out a shelf and found my old weight watchers food log, one of the last entries being from March. I weighed 171. I would write down everything I ate, trying desperately to stay within points. I ate a ton of carbs and was starving all the time. If I made it through a month without giving up, it was pretty impressive, and even then, the scale was barely moving. Today, I weigh 157.4, down from 172 when I started in May. I haven't been able to get this low since before my son was born five years ago. I found measurements from that time and I have lost 2 inches off my thighs, 1 1/2 inches from my waist, and 3 inches from my hips. I usually don't log anything that I eat. I am rarely hungry. I frequently skip breakfast or other meals because I'm not hungry, when that was impossible before going low carb. I am free from binges. My allergies are gone and my anxiety has significantly lessened. Pretty amazing stuff. I am so glad I found the way.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Unless you a bicycle nerd this won't mean much

But I felt tired and not really into it but I just forced myself to do my monthly 50 mile speed check

Seriously, I felt like crap. But the body was willing and today was a personal best by a good bit. My past speed for 50 miles was 16.3 mph. Today smoked that hard at 17.4 mph.

And a long ride like that burns off a good many calories so it will be BBQ ribs today!

Yeah baby!!

j0va7z3d9ixi.jpg
  • ki4eld
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Are you kidding?! Wow! Now THAT is an NSV!

Not kidding. I've always been athletic and I was doing cartwheels, tree climbing, and other ridiculous crap long after I should have grown out of it, even when I weighed more than I do now. But the backflip hasn't been on my radar in a very, very long time. Now, it's back. Hubby saw me and he said, "It'll be good to get my little ninja back." Yeah, I'm gonna like being athletic again.
  • ki4eld
    Options
    @KittensMaster Holy crap, J! That's freakin' awesome. I don't need to be a bicycle nerd to know that's one helluva ride. You earned ribs *and* cornbread with that burn!
    @danidanibobani The scale dropping feels good, but knowing you've found a way to eat and not starve is really the key to making this all worth it!
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just got ID'd for buying alcohol... An NSV because I just turned 43 last week! Ok, so the sign said they ID everyone under 35. Still made happy :p
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I just got ID'd for buying alcohol... An NSV because I just turned 43 last week! Ok, so the sign said they ID everyone under 35. Still made happy :p
    That's a real compliment!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Once again, WE NEED A LIKE BUTTON! Love these!! :smiley:
  • LozzieWebb
    LozzieWebb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Once again, WE NEED A LIKE BUTTON! Love these!! :smiley:
    I definitely agree with the Like button! I keep going to press it and it doesn't exist! LOL! x x
  • randiewilliams72
    randiewilliams72 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Haha. I've been lying on my drivers lic for years. I have another 45 lbs to get to that weight. Not impossible though. Yay for you.
    I just realized that I weigh less than my driver's license, and I was not being *ahem* entirely truthful when I got it. Victory!

• randiewilliams72
    randiewilliams72 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    A new NSV for me. I fit into my size 16 jeans I haven't worn in about a year and a half. I couldn't believe it. I can't shake this grin off my face.