Daily check in for Keto friends...

Options

Replies

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I went intentionally off plan for my vacation/Thanksgiving holiday. Gained about 9.5 or so pounds in ten or so days. But I enjoyed it all, and I feel somewhat refreshed. Today is my first day on plan, and so far, despite only 3.5 hours of sleep last night, I'm feeling pretty doggoned amazing at the moment. I fasted today until lunch, ate a low carb lunch, and am trucking through without any snacks. I was really worried working myself up to diving back in that I just wouldn't be able to hack it this time. I'm going to keep a close eye on my electrolytes and try to side-step past any flu!

I just want to drop most of this fluff and water gains before the December holidays approach. I'll probably be partially off plan then, too (financial, convenience, and holiday reasons). I mean, we have to enjoy our lives, right? I did notice changes in my pain levels and such, but honestly, my food addict didn't care and kept on. I'm glad my plan all along was to reboot today. So far, so good!

Oh, and I'm Carly... I originally went low carb 1/15/15 and dropped to keto on 2/18/15. I dropped low carbing for a bit on 11/20/15, I think, and resumed it today, 11/30/15. I'm 39, female, with insulin resistance, PCOS, hypothyroidism, POP, severe allergies, recently developed migraines, and I'm just a mess. I'm 5'3.75" tall (DL says 5'4", doctor's office today confirmed, but a month ago, different doc office said 5'2" - WHATWHAT?). I'm currently at 254, give or take, and I'd like to get firmly below 200....preferably closer to 175-180 and decide what I like from there...

Hi Carly, I'm 5'4.75 but I like to call it 5'5"
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Christie, thanks for starting this. Sometimes I need to check in...well, all the time really. Elize7, I agree with you. I need to find some peace with food. I was obese for a large portion of my life, I've lost almost 90 lbs and can see my goal, 20lbs away. Instead, I just keep gaining and losing the same 10 pounds over and over, for the last 5 years. Ugh.

This past weekend was hard (well, easy really 'cause I ate like I don't have a food issue) but I woke up this morning pretty bummed about my looseness. Afraid to get on the scale, even though I rationally know that no matter what it says, that's what it is and I'm not lighter because I don't get on it.

Looking forward to hearing the stories of others!
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I've done keto successfully in the past, but always tend to fall off the wagon and gain it all back. I've been back on track for close to 6 weeks.
  • wtskinner
    wtskinner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @Tattooedmommy427 hang in there and keep up the good work!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have been measuring myself monthly, and I am happy to report I lost 8.75 inches since last month !!! The most surprising measurement was my belly button, and bum measurement. I lost an 1.5 on my waist, and 2 on my bum( which includes my belly apron). I'm down 7 lbs on the scale for the month as well. HaPpy DaNcE!!!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    @pwrfl1 WOW- that's fantastic!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Christie, thanks for starting this. Sometimes I need to check in...well, all the time really. Elize7, I agree with you. I need to find some peace with food. I was obese for a large portion of my life, I've lost almost 90 lbs and can see my goal, 20lbs away. Instead, I just keep gaining and losing the same 10 pounds over and over, for the last 5 years. Ugh.

This past weekend was hard (well, easy really 'cause I ate like I don't have a food issue) but I woke up this morning pretty bummed about my looseness. Afraid to get on the scale, even though I rationally know that no matter what it says, that's what it is and I'm not lighter because I don't get on it.

Congrats on the 90lbs lost! That's awesome!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Hey guys. I've done keto successfully in the past, but always tend to fall off the wagon and gain it all back. I've been back on track for close to 6 weeks.

You're singing my song sister! Considering my track record, I guess it seems kinda silly that I would choose now to re-start but... Hopefully I'm not setting myself up for failure.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    I have been measuring myself monthly, and I am happy to report I lost 8.75 inches since last month !!! The most surprising measurement was my belly button, and bum measurement. I lost an 1.5 on my waist, and 2 on my bum( which includes my belly apron). I'm down 7 lbs on the scale for the month as well. HaPpy DaNcE!!!

That's great! I really should start measuring ... Maybe I'll do that tonight and record it as my starting point.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »

That's great! I really should start measuring ... Maybe I'll do that tonight and record it as my starting point.
    You really should ! You know by now how the scale can be really fickle....there are months I lose about the same on the scale as in inches...and then there are months that I barely get the scale to move but my measurements show a bigger loss! It's weird, but I find it interesting to keep track to see what works best for me. I only measure once a month, but I weigh in daily - I useHappy scales app to see what I'm trending. For me weighing in daily keeps me on track, and I've learned not to freak with the ups and downs I see. The app has really taken that stress out of my life!
    December can be challenging for sure, hopefully you will have the newby loss so you will stay motivated to see this WOE through. Plus now you have us for support !
    Sue
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Way to stay on track ! You can do this-

Sue
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    @pwrfl1 WOW- that's fantastic!
    Thanks !! It feels good to see some success!
  • pwrfl1
    Options

90 down!!! You are Amazing !! You will get those last pounds off once and for all, just stay with it !
  • 4031isaiah
    edited December 2015
    Options

Thanks Sue! What is the happy scales app? Do you have a scale that syncs with an app on your phone or something?
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options

90 down!!! You are Amazing !! You will get those last pounds off once and for all, just stay with it !

Thanks PWR! Having a strong day today with food - and that feels great! When faced with temptations I have to remember how good I feel when I stay on plan. Off to bowling to burn a few calories...and stay on plan!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Does anyone here have a designated weigh in day?
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Thanks Sue! What is the happy scales app? Do you have a scale that syncs with an app on your phone or something?
    No my scale doesn't sync with my phone....but I have the app called Happy Scales....check it out, it's Free !!!

• pwrfl1
    Options

Thanks PWR! Having a strong day today with food - and that feels great! When faced with temptations I have to remember how good I feel when I stay on plan. Off to bowling to burn a few calories...and stay on plan!
    . Some days I have stronger will power than others ! I'm glad you are feeling the motivation....have a fun time bowling!

• UMDavies
    UMDavies Posts: 87 Member
    Options

I measured myself in September as an afterthought and promptly forgot about it... then found the note with the measurements on the other day when cleaning. I've been really frustrated recently as the scale isn't budging and I'm losing and regaining about two pounds for almost a month :( But when I did my measurements I'd lost 2" from everywhere! Just goes to show that the scale isn't always the best measure of progress :)

It's so great to see so many people on here! How is everyone's week going? I've been frustrating myself as I stick to my plan rigidly all day, then after about 8pm I've been snacking - and I'm not even hungry, just bored! The snacks have all been keto-friendly but I think that's actually worse as they're quite high-calorie. Last night it was pecans mixed with almond butter, double cream and Walden's chocolate syrup - and it wasn't even that nice! :( I've been hitting the gym pretty hard and was hoping to see some results this week before we properly go into Christmas madness, and I feel like I'm sabotaging myself. So I'm considering doing a fat fast to kick myself out of this plateau and hopefully 'reset' my hunger and eating habits. Does anyone have an experience with them?

I'm Maeve by the way :)
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    UMDavies wrote: »

I measured myself in September as an afterthought and promptly forgot about it... then found the note with the measurements on the other day when cleaning. I've been really frustrated recently as the scale isn't budging and I'm losing and regaining about two pounds for almost a month :( But when I did my measurements I'd lost 2" from everywhere! Just goes to show that the scale isn't always the best measure of progress :)

It's so great to see so many people on here! How is everyone's week going? I've been frustrating myself as I stick to my plan rigidly all day, then after about 8pm I've been snacking - and I'm not even hungry, just bored! The snacks have all been keto-friendly but I think that's actually worse as they're quite high-calorie. Last night it was pecans mixed with almond butter, double cream and Walden's chocolate syrup - and it wasn't even that nice! :( I've been hitting the gym pretty hard and was hoping to see some results this week before we properly go into Christmas madness, and I feel like I'm sabotaging myself. So I'm considering doing a fat fast to kick myself out of this plateau and hopefully 'reset' my hunger and eating habits. Does anyone have an experience with them?

I'm Maeve by the way :)
    . WOW! Losing two inches everywhere is huge !! That's fantastic!! I hear ya on "eating cuz I'm bored".....you need to find a way to combat this, as you maybe on a slippery slope !!! Maybe instead of going for the nuts, try celery and a soft cheese ? I know for me nuts are pretty dangerous since I love them so much! I have not tried a fat fast....but I do water fasts quite often....and I got to tell ya, these have really help me reset the scale! I will say this, the lower the carbs , as well as the high fats the day before has been key for me, as I tend to stay pretty full.
    I hope this helps
    Sue