Options

Replies

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    I woke at 5:30 this AM very hungry. Like, growling stomach and all. What's that about? I didn't skimp on food yesterday.
    When this happens to me, I look at my carbs from yesterday....did I over indulge and /or What kind of carbs where they ? Lately, I've woken up feeling hungry, and for me it's those sneaky sweet carbs...mainly the chocolate covered pretzels my hubs keeps bringing home. I can't seem to walk away!
    If carbs are in line, how was the fats ? Not enough fats can mean the hungries too

I had 97g fat and 50g carbs...
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I woke at 5:30 this AM very hungry. Like, growling stomach and all. What's that about? I didn't skimp on food yesterday.
    When this happens to me, I look at my carbs from yesterday....did I over indulge and /or What kind of carbs where they ? Lately, I've woken up feeling hungry, and for me it's those sneaky sweet carbs...mainly the chocolate covered pretzels my hubs keeps bringing home. I can't seem to walk away!
    If carbs are in line, how was the fats ? Not enough fats can mean the hungries too

that looks good, moving on to the next step....what kind of carbs ?

• 4031isaiah
    edited December 2015
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I know this sounds ... almost inconsiderate, but I'm seriously jealous of all you folks who have bad side effects when you go back on carbs. I don't have that. I wish I did, because it would help with the motivation reminder. All my stuff is far more subtle. I'd love some in your face kind of misery... :(

I hope THIS doesn't sound insensitive but I think it sounds funny that you wish for negative side effects... I totally get it... I just think it might sound funny to someone who didn't get it.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options

that looks good, moving on to the next step....what kind of carbs ?

Maybe it was the half tortilla I had last night. I knew I shouldn't have but I ran out of Keto tortillas and wraps were for dinner. I know I could have gone without but...

Maybe the carbs are too high but I don't really want to change that right now. I want to leave some room for the Holidays.

Oh, and the Keto stick showed second level small trace of ketones.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    I don't feel as alone now @baconslave, seems like things just keep piling up. I am grateful to this WOE though as even though I'm having some terrible days the high carbs days are still not as high as what used to be normal. And the scale is still staying in the same range although I feel bloated and fuzzy from the carbs. I'll get back on track, I can't let myself stress about the bad impulses when so many other stressors are out there. Glad I have a place to share and people that care to listen!!

So glad to hear from you guys that are on track!

Exactly.

I always say:
    "No guilt, but no excuses."

Yeah we're human. What a surprise! We are going to mess up. But when we fall down, do we lay in the mud and wallow in "woe is me"? No, we get right up, clean off, and get back to work. Wallowing in guilt is pointless and distracts and stalls us. And hating ourselves just drives us to self-destructive patterns. We need to be focusing on what we can do right, and do that with dogged persistence. Life is always going to hand us trouble. We don't need to load another one on ourselves.

As the Chinese proverb says:
    Fall down 7 times. Get up 8.

• Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Aughhh! I forgot about sinus problems! lol. Just a few days of eating sugary crap and now i have some sinus issues. One more reason to get back on track. I won't even wish them on you @KnitOrMiss even if you asked for them! lol

Or as the old Frank proverb says:

Fall down 167 times. Get up 168...

Or for any mathematicians on the thread:

Fall down N times. Get up N+1!

;)

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Maybe it should equally be noted that I guess I'm not low carb enough in the right ways (despite eating keto levels) to see that much noticeable differences when I'm on plan and off! So strange.

Sometimes we all need that little extra nudge to stay on track, particularly when addictive behaviors and such take over...and for me, not having the negatives makes me super curious as to whether that would actually help, or if it would be another thing I manage to ignore when I already know better...
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    For KnitorMiss: for me. When one of my addictive responses is triggered there is nothing on this earth that can stop me. Instant and total denial of reason and then pick up the pieces - hopefully sooner rather than later. My best bet is to keep myself away from triggers as I know them and to build my skills in the area of prevention. I have managed to make progress in that area, but..., only human sometimes.
    Yesterday went well. Getting a little better at new work tasks. Can see a light at the end of the tunnel so tension level is coming down a little.
    Sticking very well to keto plan for the moment. Trying to keep one eye open for emotional holiday triggers so i don't get blindsided and self sabotage.
    Looks like I may opt out of decorating for this year since I'll be alone and I'm not really feeling it. Could just use that energy for getting my place better organized for the new year and call it a gift to myself. I do have an adorable Charlie Brown tabletop tree that i lind of love. Very simple, very sweet...
    Have a good day, all!
  • CrewZen
    CrewZen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here ;)
    Happy to finally be seeing some ketones show up on the ketostyx (small-mod) which took 5 days - suprised me because usually only takes 1-2 but then I have never really tried keto - I used to think high protein, low-carb was keto. Anyway - yet to see any weight loss either which is also odd since last month I did my old version of low carb and lost 7 pounds in a few days (I know mostly water associated glycogen stores) ... I'm excited about this high fat moderate protein approach - the science makes a lot of sense and I love some of the yummy foods so it's easy for me. Plus I am very interested in fueling myself for exercise (as soon as I get this cast off my foot! lol) ...

Anyway - Congratulations Jess!

I used to homeschool my kiddos too.... but fell out of it around 3rd grade - I highly respect people who find it a fit for them and continue. Now my two dd's are 15 and 18... they made red velvet blondies last night with whipped cream on top - and I wasn't really even tempted... although I enjoyed the smell !

- Lisa

PS - JodiSW - the dietbet sounds fun! I'll have to check that out!
  • ketomama14
    ketomama14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here, and so excited to have found this group.

I have followed a ketogenic diet many times over the past 8 or so years beginning in college, but have chosen to derail myself many times.

I've committed to doing this though and am excited to lose the weight once and for all!

I have two kids (2.5 and 8 months), and am wanting to be a better example for them and a healthier person all around.

I'm so excited to get to know you all and plug in to an awesome support system!

• JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Good morning!

I've been bad...sooooOOOO bad over the last week. If keto were the measure, Santa wouldn't be leaving me anything! Oh, but being naughty tasted so good.

On the other hand, once again, afraid to face the scale. Ugh. BUT. Today is a new day! Started with BPC and am back on plan right this minute. Feeling some guilt, some hopelessness, but also renewed determination.

I feel so good both mentally and physically when I stay true to keto. That said, it's crazy to me how much my body craves carbohydrates after I fall off the wagon. Had the BPC an hour ago and my stomach is already rumbling, demanding more! Belly...you are not the boss of me. Eat what I left you over the last week! Damn, it's hanging all over.

Today may be rough, but planning to make some of my favorite keto comfort foods. Not going to worry so much about my calorie count the next few days. Just get back on target.

So grateful for this group to have a place to let this all out with people who get it.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Welcome @ketomama14 and @CrewZen !! I don't always post, but personally love lurking on this group. I've been LCHF for a few months, and trying the keto for the past month. I have found this woe easier to follow, although I am still prone to sugar cravings and stress eating ! After the holidays I'm going full bode Keto down ...in hopes to get fully adapted . I know that my my carb sneaks have stalled me a bit. Anyways, welcome aboard, and best of luck to you both !

Sue
  • baconslave
    Options
    CrewZen wrote: »

Anyway - Congratulations Jess!
    Thanks. My weight has been bouncing all over the darn place except where I want it to. I'm finally back down to 151 after the Friday Night Carbopocalypse....bah.

I used to homeschool my kiddos too.... but fell out of it around 3rd grade - I highly respect people who find it a fit for them and continue. Now my two dd's are 15 and 18... they made red velvet blondies last night with whipped cream on top - and I wasn't really even tempted... although I enjoyed the smell !

- Lisa

It's takes a special kind of person to homeschool.
    And some days, I'm quite convinced I'm not that kind of person. :lol:
    I joke that I keep doing it because I've been homeschooling dd13 was 4 (so I'm in my 9th year now), and I don't know how to do anything else. :wink:
  • baconslave
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ketomama14 wrote: »

I have two kids (2.5 and 8 months), and am wanting to be a better example for them and a healthier person all around.

Great reason. And I can say as a person who has kinda-sorta passed the "finish line," it is 100% worth all the hard work and sacrifices. I wish I had been able to do this when my older 2 were little. I'm a much better, and a happier and more fun, mother now.
  • ketomama14
    ketomama14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Great reason. And I can say as a person who has kinda-sorta passed the "finish line," it is 100% worth all the hard work and sacrifices. I wish I had been able to do this when my older 2 were little. I'm a much better, and a happier and more fun, mother now.

That's awesome! Thank you and congratulations on passing the "finish line"! :smile:
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here, and so excited to have found this group.

I have followed a ketogenic diet many times over the past 8 or so years beginning in college, but have chosen to derail myself many times.

I've committed to doing this though and am excited to lose the weight once and for all!

I'm so excited to get to know you all and plug in to an awesome support system!

Hey there, Ketomama14. I have two kids as well and hope to be a good example for them as well. I know they're watching and learning... I hope they pick up my positive habits.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    1 week until Xmas... I suppose I should start my Xmas shopping. Anyone have a little extra motivation or Xmas spirit hanging around?
    temp-320-84930180.gif
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    @Fvaisey Too funny !!!

I'm feeling stressed over my son the past couple of days...and boy do I want to hit the food !!!! I will Not Eat my Emotions, I will Not Eat my Emotions!!!!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    @Fvaisey Too funny !!!

I'm feeling stressed over my son the past couple of days...and boy do I want to hit the food !!!! I will Not Eat my Emotions, I will Not Eat my Emotions!!!!

What about your son is causing you stress?

• baconslave
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    1 week until Xmas... I suppose I should start my Xmas shopping. Anyone have a little extra motivation or Xmas spirit hanging around?
    temp-320-84930180.gif

Hey! Where'd you get that pic of me while I was in the Walmart yesterday! :lol: