Kitty Gonzalez OMAD Becoming a Warrior

Options

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the group, but not new to fasting. My strategy to get calories in is giving myself a four hour eating window. That way when I can't eat enough at my meal I can either eat the rest within that window, or have another snack before the time is up. It's impossible for me to eat enough at one sitting! Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I hear you Karlo - but I'm one of those eaters that if I eat more later, I won't be able to stop, it keeps snowballing, so I'd rather just take my one hour and be done with it. =)
  • mittenswillet
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thankyou for the advice Joe, will do. Letting my body speak to me is a good way to go, I like that idea. Cool we had the same meal =)

Didn't sleep so good last night, not sure why, but feeling very happy today, a bit achy this morning, but that passed, dinner was lasagna (made by my husband) with a lot of salad, carrot, lettuce, tomato and red onion, desert was toffee flavoured sugar free yogurt and one chocolate chip cookie, not sure on the calories for this one, but didn't feel overfull or stuffed.

rs4y5dp36p21.jpg
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    mmmm
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Got a bit of acid reflux tonight, not happy about it, but not much I can do. No horrible pain though thankgoodness, just uncomfortable in the throat....

9khag7ml68ze.jpg
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Well, you are still human. Somedays will present some hangups. Good going. I got rice and cajun for tomorrow.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Home made coleslaw with tzatziki instead of fattening mayonnaise. And left over lasagna. yummers! toffee yogurt and 4 Danish biscuits for desert. Very satisfied with dinner, and feel like im getting more patient for my meal time (good sign)

Thanks for the encouragement Joe, it really means a lot to an obese person like me. =)

3v13o0bevcux.jpg
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just stopping in to say you are killing it! Great job!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    thanks M ! =)
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Tonight I had 2 pieces of bread with a little beetroot salad and 4 meatballs around 10pm, I was starting to feel angry and deprived. I guess its the burnt out feeling people describe sometimes? After that, I felt like a million dollars.... back on track tomorrow though! I love my OMAD (even though it sounds like I don't, from this post)
    but if a little meal sometimes keeps me on track, then I will do it =)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options

Good job kitty! Keep up the good work.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate - except I don't feel angry/deprived -- I just can't think anymore!!

If you recognized your feelings and did not binge but only ate enough to keep yourself on track, wouldn't that be considered a success and not a falling off the wagon thing?
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! everyones comments, really help me a lot. A real heartfelt thankyou to you all =)

I think it was success, as I just ate a little to keep me happy, so I agree with you Vro. =)

I still obsess about what I'm going to have for dinner, but not as much as I did the first week. But I've realized now, that If I have a craving for a certain food (like bread for example) I should try my best to fulfill that need during my meal... otherwise I become lost, then sad, then deprived, then frustrated, then angry, then the incredible hulk........LOL
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! everyones comments, really help me a lot. A real heartfelt thankyou to you all =)

I think it was success, as I just ate a little to keep me happy, so I agree with you Vro. =)

I still obsess about what I'm going to have for dinner, but not as much as I did the first week. But I've realized now, that If I have a craving for a certain food (like bread for example) I should try my best to fulfill that need during my meal... otherwise I become lost, then sad, then deprived, then frustrated, then angry, then the incredible hulk........LOL

Every day I'm under maint cals is a success for me. I know I do need significant deficits most of the time so I will have a descent weight loss rate, but I don't feel I need to do that every single day. This way of thinking keeps me wanting to continue the diet long term.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've been reading everything I can lay my hands on (books by Duhigg and Jeremy Dean for now) regarding habits and how to change them. I figured since we're mostly driven by habit, if I got a set of good habits in place instead of some bad ones I would make progress.

Apparently the kind of habits easiest to form are the ones where we identify ourselves with them aka "I'm the sort of person who takes the stairs anytime I can" - I think the statement to myself, even if the words stick in my throat and I can't actually say them LOL but I find myself acting out the belief of being the person taking the stairs even when I didn't think about it. Now that to me is magic!! :)

Now I plan to say/think "I'm an OMAD person" -- I'll keep you posted on that one. All good wishes are warmly welcomed!
  • Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love reading of your success! It really does make things more simple. Eating several small meals per day keeps me hungry and frustrated. Love like-minded people!
  • mittenswillet
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thankyou everyone! =) Well, I've been wanting this bad boy pizza for around 3 days now...I finally got to eat half of it, the bread is toast rubbed with garlic, so its a healthy garlic bread, and the salad is home made coleslaw with tzatiki. nummers. I only got through half a piece of my garlic bread, but that's okay.

Tomorrow, I finally get my scales, so I will take a pic of my weight while I stand on them... very excited about that!!

866 Cals today.

h1nascv73s7s.jpg
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Excellent dialog here...and food pics, as usual.

Let me add one little warning about occasional departures from the plan: If you have a splurge day available and can make it work in a pinch, then great. But unplanned ones are the things to watch for; now some people can handle them, but others will start introducing them more and more often and it will result in less overall control and a gradual slip back into gratuitous eating to accommodate moods. I know many people can handle it, but there are those who can't. So the advice to all is, make sure you know yourself and what you can handle.
  • blambo61
    Options
    yum, yum! Yea it easy to cheat once, then twice and get into bad habits and I don't want to promote that! Keep up the good work Kitty!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Thankyou Blambo and Joe, I will be careful and keep up the good work, I don't want this to go sideways :)