Getting Started

Options

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've done the first two workouts so far. Just read through this entire thread and was glad to find I wasn't the only one a bit confused. ;) I am liking it so far but need to re-read some sections before I go on. Glad to have found this group for info and motivation!
  • ShannonS921
    Options
    Copied from another site :) It helped me. That initial confusion is universal... LOL

Stage 1

Week 1
    Mon. Workout A –
    1 set of 15 reps of Exercise A
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    1 set of 15 reps of Exercise B1
    Rest 60 secs.
    1 set of 15 reps of Exercise B2
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    1 set of 15 reps of Exercise C1
    Rest 60 secs.
    1 set of 15 reps of Exercise C2
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    You are now finished with Monday's Workout A, go relax for the rest of the day!

Wed. Workout B –
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Done with Wednesday's Workout B...

Fri. Workout A –
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Done with Friday's Workout A...You have now completed your first week of workouts. The second week would then start with Workout B, as outlined below. I won't go any further at this point. You can continue the formula.

Thank you!!!! I'm not normally this slow, but trying to organize it all in my head was causing me issues!!

I have a question that may have already been asked....I am just starting (I actually did a week of Stage 1 Workout A, so technically I'm starting over on Monday) and I am working out from home. What do those of you that work out from home do for the Wide-Grip Lat Pulldowns? I haven't been able to find anything online or in the book....
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just received an email this morning that my book is on its way!

This may be answered in the book but I figure I will ask it here since I like to have all my ducks in a row when I'm planning things.

I am still working on getting to my goal weight and have about 15-ish pounds to go. Should I focus on fat loss for now and then start once I'm closer to goal weigh, or start the plan now? I have read mixed thoughts on this online and thought people that have done the program would be good sources of info.

I'm new to seriously trying to lose weight & be aware of what I am eating and want to educate myself as much as possible.
  • I just found this group but I am starting stage 2 this week. I am super excited to have found a group with other women who have or are doing this program. I haven't been able to convince any of my friends and family to do it with me. :smile: I am off to read some of the information about the program.

I would love to have some friends who are lifters if anyone would like to send an friend request.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I just got the book and am planning on starting the program on Monday (right now I'm experimenting and practicing so that when I start I'll have a good idea of what weights to use and how to perform the specific exercises). Looking forward to getting stronger!
  • jennhls
    jennhls Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jenn. I am 40 years old weigh around 142 and am 5'5". I am just starting NROL I am about half way through the first stage. So far I like it but it has been hard to cut down on my cardio. I like to run and I like to do half marathons. I also teach a HIIT class for the ladies in my neighborhood and don't feel like I can cut that out either. So I have been trying to cut down on my running a bit. Right now it seems like it is working out fine, but I was already lifting heavy before (just doing the wrong things), so stage 1 seems kind of easy and I don't feel like I am compromising my strength training by doing cardio. I will have to re-evaluate when I get to then next stages.

And when I say easy I don't mean the workout is easy and I do push myself and try to lift as heavy as I can and still do the reps. But it is very short and I am used to workouts that last at least 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours every day.

My goals are to lose a bit of weight. Not much I am most comfortable around 135. Mostly I just want to see some better muscle definition than what I have been getting on my own. So if I don't lose any weight that will be fine as long as my clothes fit like they do when I weigh less and that my body looks better in a swim suit. I also really really want to do a pull up. Even though I feel I have gotten a lot stronger in the past year adding heavy lifting into my exercise routine I still can't seem to get enough upper body strength to get that pull up done.
  • JoanMSittler
    JoanMSittler Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Morning. Getting ready to start this program. Still reading and setting up. I am not sure if I'll start today. I think I'm ready but want to do a bit more reading. Nice to read some of the posts here to help push off.
  • JoanMSittler
    JoanMSittler Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    jennhls wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Jenn. I am 40 years old weigh around 142 and am 5'5". I am just starting NROL I am about half way through the first stage. So far I like it but it has been hard to cut down on my cardio. I like to run and I like to do half marathons. I also teach a HIIT class for the ladies in my neighborhood and don't feel like I can cut that out either. So I have been trying to cut down on my running a bit. Right now it seems like it is working out fine, but I was already lifting heavy before (just doing the wrong things), so stage 1 seems kind of easy and I don't feel like I am compromising my strength training by doing cardio. I will have to re-evaluate when I get to then next stages.

And when I say easy I don't mean the workout is easy and I do push myself and try to lift as heavy as I can and still do the reps. But it is very short and I am used to workouts that last at least 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours every day.

My goals are to lose a bit of weight. Not much I am most comfortable around 135. Mostly I just want to see some better muscle definition than what I have been getting on my own. So if I don't lose any weight that will be fine as long as my clothes fit like they do when I weigh less and that my body looks better in a swim suit. I also really really want to do a pull up. Even though I feel I have gotten a lot stronger in the past year adding heavy lifting into my exercise routine I still can't seem to get enough upper body strength to get that pull up done.
    How are things going? You've been doing this a couple weeks now. Hope it is fitting into your schedule well . I am both nervous and excited to start.
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting on Monday 16th March, anyone else planning to start then?
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started this week after doing 6 weeks of a beginner workout from Nia Shanks. I am on week 2.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    If you jump down to the discussions part of the group, you might get more responses in the daily chat thread or in the one for Stage 1. It seems it's harder to notice new posts in any of the sticky topics in groups.

Good luck and enjoy Stage 1.
  • Thisdivaruns
    Thisdivaruns Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    jennhls wrote: »

You are my twin! I am in the same boat as you when it comes to age, weight, cardio and running! How's it going for you?
  • bebogrrl
    bebogrrl Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    cpa8198 wrote: »
    Copied from another site :) It helped me. That initial confusion is universal... LOL

Stage 1

Week 1
    Mon. Workout A –
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    You are now finished with Monday's Workout A, go relax for the rest of the day!

Wed. Workout B –
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Done with Wednesday's Workout B...

Fri. Workout A –
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Rest 60 secs.
    Done with Friday's Workout A...You have now completed your first week of workouts. The second week would then start with Workout B, as outlined below. I won't go any further at this point. You can continue the formula.

Thank you!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start this next week. Reading the book and already printed out and filled in my logs for first few workouts except the weight. Taking this week as sort of a rest to launch strong. going to take pic and measurements for stage 1 and see what progress I can make
  • bmn09
    bmn09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Started this program today! Stage 1! :)
  • lovtolaff
    lovtolaff Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi bmn - I started yesterday (for the 3rd time lol) good luck!
  • Onetwo_bre
    Onetwo_bre Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am starting this up today. This is my first time with a program, so I am looking forward to the changes that come with it!

Yay!
  • KezJT
    KezJT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am starting this up today. This is my first time with a program, so I am looking forward to the changes that come with it!

Yay!

I started today, so we'll be doing it pretty much together:)
  • pmiely
    pmiely Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Yay!

How are you doing on the program? I believe we started about the same time. I'm on week two and feeling more comfortable with the moves and the gym!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Right about to start this programme. My gym isn't massive (the free weights anyways) so need to find a quiet time to go.

Need to get over my 'I don't know how to do this' attitude. I have never used a cable machine before. I will miss doing bench press's and barbell OHP's. Now to find a wall to do press-ups ;)