NSV's

Options

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    I was at Disney for 7 days over Christmas and had no trouble staying on plan! Not only that, but I lost over two pounds while I was away! This wasn't just by eating pepperoni in my hotel room before going out, but by eating to the fullest on the Disney Dining Plan!

I wanted to come home and make ice cream keto like no one's business, but then I got home and it was snowing, so that's passed! :D

Amazing!! @Disney! What did you eat to achieve that miraculous result? Wow

I actually have some day-by-day posts lined up that will start going up on the first on my author blog site, but overall: used a quick service point on western omelettes and bacon in the morning (plus coffee with FBombs in), coffee or some other snack point for lunch (but often nothing until dinner), then dinner was often the NY Strip from a table service restaurant, but I also ate salad and pizza toppings once, a bunless bacon jack cheddar burger, and then chicken and beef spit-roasted meat at Tusker House's Christmas buffet. I skipped lunch fairly often (unless we had reservations), and skipped dinner once. Generally I started with their "allergy-friendly" menus to avoid gluten (which I have sensitivity to), then went for the MEAT! Since I was using dining points I went for whatever was the most expensive! o:)
  • glossbones
    Options
    CMYKRGB wrote: »
    Finally, my calves fit in my tall boots.

I. LOVE. THIS. FEELING.

I don't know if I could fit into the John Fluevogg boots that embarassed the hell out of me in 2007, but my Docs lace up nice and tight and have plenty of extra lace room these days!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Hubby's on board!!! I consider this a win. Granted, it was not solely inspired by my success, but at the very least he has seen me eat like this for the past 10 months and not be miserable about it, so he's seen it's totally doable. His stepdad had a stroke a few days ago (he's in his 50's), so hubby is really motivated to take care of himself now. Last night he had fish and a salad for dinner, which is awesome, because this is a man who usually has a meat, a veggie, and six types of carbs before he will call something a meal.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yay @Mami1976D!! Having your spouse on the wagon with you makes things a lot easier! Since my hubby jumped in a couple of months ago it's been wonderful! Having an advocate in your home is great!
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Hubby's on board!!! I consider this a win.

This is also a win for me in this house, and he's doing surprisingly well, too.
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    DH says he's on board but he doesn't really seem to understand the whole WOE. He does his own breakfast and lunch then eats keto with me for dinner. I suppose that's better than nothing.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @glossbones . Great strategies. Clearly worked too! Thanks gor being inspiring
  • glossbones
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @glossbones . Great strategies. Clearly worked too! Thanks gor being inspiring

:D Happy to be an inspiration. So happy in this WoE!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    NewSue52 wrote: »
    DH says he's on board but he doesn't really seem to understand the whole WOE. He does his own breakfast and lunch then eats keto with me for dinner. I suppose that's better than nothing.

@NewSue52 that is MUCH better than nothing. If he is modeling your WOE once a day there is real hope. Most of us do not get started having a role model but by trial and error.

• SamandaIndia
    Options
    I lost 15 inches with many thanks to the support and accountability of the last challenge I did with Kristen and crew (next version is let yourself transform) plus my Doctor putting me on a very low sugar diet to treat a medical issue: Candida overgrowth in my gut. Both fatigue and those 15 inches gone.

When I start restricting sugars and eliminating startches and fruit, I didn't know some people chose to eat low carb to loose weight. I do now! It's working for me.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    While on a massive clean/purge/organize binge earlier this week, I ventured into my large tub of too-small clothes (from 2013-14) and was able to bring at least half of them downstairs to put back into my wardrobe! That was huge for me. Fitting back into those clothes has been my big goal (more so than the number on the scale though they do seem to correspond! ;)) I have about 3 more lbs to goal weight. I'm a little skeptical the smaller ones will fit if I lose just 3 more lbs but we'll see. I might start a recomp at that point. :)
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    While on a massive clean/purge/organize binge earlier this week, I ventured into my large tub of too-small clothes (from 2013-14) and was able to bring at least half of them downstairs to put back into my wardrobe! That was huge for me. Fitting back into those clothes has been my big goal (more so than the number on the scale though they do seem to correspond! ;)) I have about 3 more lbs to goal weight. I'm a little skeptical the smaller ones will fit if I lose just 3 more lbs but we'll see. I might start a recomp at that point. :)

Brilliant. Love how that achievement feels
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Going to rock my new bright, red skinny jeans tonight when I go out dancing tonite. Smallest size yet. Wowza to me! Happy New Year!
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Going to rock my new bright, red skinny jeans tonight when I go out dancing tonite. Smallest size yet. Wowza to me! Happy New Year!

Very happy new year!!
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    I dared to take a peek at the backs of my thighs in the mirror yesterday, and to my surprise they're not (as) lumpy and gross! For years hubby has asked me why I don't wear shorts, and I've simply said, "Because I hate my legs," or "Because I'm not comfortable in them," but I'm thinking this summer I might be able to wear shorts without feeling disgusting for the first time in 10 years!
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    Great news. Well done!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    My NSV is I am back to working out and I must say it feels darn good ...I hadn't worked out since Oct. when I hurt my knee doing the 30day shred ... I will probably try that DVD again when I am close to goal weight ...Right now I am doing 3 kettlebell workouts M W F and 2 aerobic workouts Tu and Thurs ... :)
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I posted an NSV.

Today, I visited my bariatric surgeon and I'm no longer obese... just overweight. My BMI is 30.5 down from 59.5. He also upped my goal weight from 106lbs (according to the BMI chart) to 120, based on what he can now see is my shape and build.

Yesterday, I fit into a pair of Small pants. Granted, these are dress pants cut generously for us middle-aged ladies, but the Large I grabbed literally slid off me. I ended up wearing a Small and they'll be too big once I get a little more off my belly.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @ki4eld How wonderful! Congrats!
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »
    It's been a while since I posted an NSV.

Today, I visited my bariatric surgeon and I'm no longer obese... just overweight. My BMI is 30.5 down from 59.5. He also upped my goal weight from 106lbs (according to the BMI chart) to 120, based on what he can now see is my shape and build.

Yesterday, I fit into a pair of Small pants. Granted, these are dress pants cut generously for us middle-aged ladies, but the Large I grabbed literally slid off me. I ended up wearing a Small and they'll be too big once I get a little more off my belly.

This is awesome!!!!