Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

I'm a little late today with posting. Had to get the dog walked and to the groomer early. We have resolved the house issues and hopefully won't have anymore of such major proportions. The doors are up and all the wood trim, molding, and baseboards are in. Although it is unfinished wood, it looks so GOOD! :) I will post a pic soon.

Nancy..since you are short and petite, 1000-1200 may work for you. Although healthy fats are high calorie, they will keep you satisfied and not hangry!

Marie..what's on the menu today?

Shirley..how's the foot?

Steph..if I didn't post and log, I would be lost!

Janice..chili sounds good..it's cold here and that would hit the spot!

Ruthie..I have an indoor bike I have not used in years..maybe it's time if my knees will cooperate.

Make it a great day losers!

<3 "If not now, when?" (Oprah's line from the new WW ads.) <3

Connie

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Connie I had my steel cut oats with a banana for breakfast, Coffee with coconut milk getting off the creamer
    lunch beans and sauerkraut soup cup of grapes and a salad
    Dinner will be the same as lunch. with a different fruit.

<3 We do need to do it now. Be consistent with our plan.

marie

Great hearing from each and everyone of you such nice folks

Janice my beans and sauerkraut soup taste a lot like chili for I added some taco seasoning to it.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

Wow, it's amazing how eating right for a few days makes you feel so much better and the bloat is gone!!!

Marie, I had my Steel Cut Oats this morning, just love them. I can hardly eat regular oatmeal now.

Connie, So happy you have your new house issues resolved. It is a very stressful time while building a house.
    Re. the stationary bike, my sports medicine doctor recommended a bike over treadmill when I had the Meniscus
    problem.

I think I will do fine on a 1000-1100 calories. In the past I always had to cut way down to lose weight.
    Plan on putting a pork tenderloin on the grill this week. Getting tired of turkey!!!

Have a great day.

Nancy

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I can't believe its afternoon already. I just finished 30 mins on the bike and going to take my shower.
    I will be cleaning downstairs today and then do some grocery shopping. When you are on South Beach
    it seems you are always at the grocery store. It is working I got on the scale and it is down. Dave
    will be taking down the outside decorations today he says the weather is good and no wind.
    We still have the tree up but will take that down on Saturday.

I have been taking some B12 and then I started glucosmaine/MSM for joints and my stomach was
    bad last night. I was up with a sore stomach so I am tired today. These are new supplements so
    I don't know which one was bothering me. I am off of both for now and my stomach feels better
    today so far. I will introduce one and see which one is bothering me but will not start anything for
    a while.

Connie- The foot is good no pain at all just the small bump. I had my xray so I will find out
    on my next doctor visit. Biking is actually good for the knees. Most doctors recommend it
    after knee surgery. The house is coming along and you approve which helps.

Nancy - If the calories work for you and you are not hungry then go for it!

Hi to Marie, Steph, Ruthie and Janice.

Shirley

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Connie-My chili was good, its been cold here too. They say Sunday we may get alittle snow. We haven't had anything but flurries one morning and I missed them. I guess its about time. Thats wonderful you worked out the problems with the house. Do you have a tentative date of when it will be finished?

Stephanie- My sister is about the same since she broke her hip, shes is bedridden and wears diapers. I asked her yesterday if she's given up, she said no. I told her she has went through too much to give up now, and that she's a survivor. Hopefully they start working with her to walk again and then could use the bathroom and get in the showers again. They have just been washing her in bed lately.Thanks for asking.

Shirley-Glad to hear the scake is down and Southbeach is working again for you. I'm glad I already got my decorations down, it went fairly fast this year.

Nancy-I would have a hard time with 1000-1100 calories, thats great you are doing well with that. I am having trouble staying below 1475, I really need to cut back, too.

Marie-I love homemade soups in the winter, I might have to try your soup.I like spicy too.

I hope everyone has a successful day. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning losers! Happy Friday!

Just checking in for a moment before heading to the gym. Hope all is well with everyone.
    I'll come back later.

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning misfits,
    Hope it will be a great day for all of you!!!
    No big plans for me other than a run to Walmart.
    Got my exercise in for today.
    Take care, Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Good afternoon, its been raining and its a gloomy day. I have put a roast and carrots in the crockpot, so dinner is cooking. Just doing some laundry and hanging out here today. I am not sure what I am going to get into, probably more cleaning out. I made a big salad last night to go with supper and plan on eating it with some chicken for lunch. I love to have a good salad ready for meals. I need to get moving more today, yesterday I didn't get many steps in. I seen a vegetable noodler on the Kitchen, and I might get one, they made all kinds of low calorie foods on this weeks show and made me want to try some new vegetables and recipes. Have a good weekend. Janice
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

ok today I prelogged so I couldn't eat anything else! we have a dinner tonight and a party tomorrow so hoping to be good!

Janice, I have a veggie noodle, it is called the vegetti and I got it at bed, bath and beyond. I make noodles out of zucchinis at least once a week. in mexico, my daughter and I ordered cucumber saleds and they were made with the vegetti also and were so good!! you should definitely get one!

stephane
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Stephanie-I think I will, get a vegetti. I seen them use it on broccoli stalks too that you would normally throw away. It looks like you could use it and stir fry differrent vegetables.They showed 3 different vegettis, one was hand held and made noodle strips, another was also hand held and you turned the vegetable in it, like a pencil sharpener and it made noodles. Then their was a one that you clamped the vegetable in and turned a handle to make noodles. I think they all could be handy. Which one do you have and what other vegetables do you do dishes with?

Does anyone else have a vegetti? What all do you use it for? Have you ever made mashed potatoes out of a rudeabaga or whatever its called? They made these on tbe Kitchen and cooked them in chicken broth and then after drainung them they used chicken broth as the liquid with butter when mashing. I know some people do that with cauliflower. Gotta run. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Say i am running late. Been reading a book.
    how is everyone today.
    My lunch to day as new potatoes, Green beans and carrots coffee.

Dinner will be pinto beans and sauerkraut over a sweet potato. What i had last nigh. made such a good combination.. But better go get my sweet potatoes going or i will be late eatin tonight
    Janice I have one. I do used it but not as much as Steph.But i do like it.
    Connie I am anxious.. to see your house. Can't wait till you moved in.
    Nancy keep you good work up.

marie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    I had a delicious meal tonight. I browned a pork tenderloin on our charcoal grill then I wrapped it in foil and finished in oven. It was so juicy, good and only 100 calories in 4 oz serving. Also had green beans and sweet potato. Sooo good!!!
    I also made a big pot of turkey chili. I calculated ingredients and it has 210 calories/cup.
    I am tired of baked turkey!!!
    Good night!!!
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1t8fwelo2mk1.jpg

Good morning, losers! Happy Saturday!
    This is the house. I need to get some of the more recent ones from my hub's phone. He takes pics everyday and has put a video slideshow together of the progress.

Nancy..your food sounds delightful!

Janice..I don't have a vegetti, but since you guys brought it up, I'm gonna check it out. I need to venture into experimenting with veggies.

Steph..hang in!

Shirley..I am keeping the stationary bike...no plans to donate it. We have cruisers, too, but have not been on them in a good while.

We went to the movie yesterday and I enjoyed movie popcorn. No change in either direction on the scale this morning and I take that as a good sign.

Have a great weekend. Stay strong!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    your house looking beautiful can't wait until you get to move in.
    Have no ideal what i am eating today. kind of let the weekend rule That department.
    marie

• eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning misfits,

Connie, your house is looking good, lots of different angles on the roof, really neat!

Looking forward to a relaxing day without any big plans.

Have a great weekend.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Connie-Your house is nice and really coming along. Are you getting excited? Is it very far from where you live now?
    I made a big pot of vegetable soup tonight, it sounded good. We're suppose to get alittle snow tomorrow and a big cold front is coming thru. Its been pretty mild of a winter for us this year. Usually the schools are closed several different times in the winter, and this year so far no school days off.

Nancy-I almost went on a made a big pot of chili today too, but I decided I would wait. We eat alot of pork tenderloin, but lately we havent. I usually buy 2or 3 when they are on sale and freeze, lately they havent been on sale. I do have pork chops in the freezer and I made a pork roast yesterday, so I still have been eating pork.
    Gotta run, Janice
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Connie, your house is going to be gorgeous!
    I'm so happy to see you all still here! I'll try to peek in when I can, I miss you all!

-Rachel
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sorry I got busy again. Go figure.

Connie. Love the house. Ladders add so much curb appeal B)

I'm tired and sore tonight. Took a pain pill before 10pm. Still waiting for it to kick in. Went to a Zumba fundraiser for a teacher at the high school. She lost her hubby in a fatal car accident. They hit black ice driving home through BC Canada. He left 6 kids behind. She teaches PE so a few ladies put together a Zumbathon fundraiser. My daughter and her best friend wanted to go. But the best friend isn't the skinniest and she was very self conscious about "shaking it up" at the fundraiser. So I told her I would dance if she would. Luckily I wasn't the only jello juggler out there tonight. Amazingly enough I actually made an hour and 10 minutes out there!!!!!!!! I am really paying the price right now. But the kids had so much fun out there tonight. And there were over 50 people doing Zumba at $10 minimum per person. There was also a clothing sale and bake sale accompanying the Zumba. That is the best thing about this town. All for one and one for all. The whole town opens up and helps out in times of need.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey Ray. Welcome back.
    So very glad to see you. ;please posts us and tell us what you been up to.

Esther. good to hear from you to.

As for me i have been following the fork over knives way of eating. ( strictly eating plant base foods). Have not lost anything yet but But got high hopes. it will kick in.
  • lovesretirement
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Sunday!

Rachel..so GOOD to see you again! Welcome back!

Esther..I love Zumba and did it for years until the hard floor was too much on my knees. Now I do it in the pool.

Marie...Good attitude..without hope we are all lost.

Janice..the house is about 10 minutes away from where we are now. I am excited! It has been a learning experience as well as an emotional roller coaster! I am so glad I have not turned to food to soothe myself!

It's a beautiful Sunday morning, and I am truly blessed to have been given another day.

Stay strong, losers!

Connie