What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    That meatloaf looks delicious!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @JessicaLCHF it was really good. I kinda made it up with what I had. Browned ground beef and onion and out that in the bottom of a casserole then mixed peas carrots and a can of cream of mushroom soup together and layered on top. Then boiled cauliflower and blended with butter and sour cream and garlic powder, baked at 350 for 40 minutes and topped with shredded cheddar for the last five minutes.

I realize now I could've sauteed mushrooms with the peas and carrots and added heavy cream to make a soup instead of canned which had more carbs, but I would've had to buy those and I already had the soup. Next time.

It was really good and SO ate two helpings and didn't have any stomach issues after. I made some biscuits for him to go with it.
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @JessicaLCHF it was really good. I kinda made it up with what I had. Browned ground beef and onion and out that in the bottom of a casserole then mixed peas carrots and a can of cream of mushroom soup together and layered on top. Then boiled cauliflower and blended with butter and sour cream and garlic powder, baked at 350 for 40 minutes and topped with shredded cheddar for the last five minutes.

I realize now I could've sauteed mushrooms with the peas and carrots and added heavy cream to make a soup instead of canned which had more carbs, but I would've had to buy those and I already had the soup. Next time.

It was really good and SO ate two helpings and didn't have any stomach issues after. I made some biscuits for him to go with it.

I'm going to have to make this, too!

• CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That meatloaf looks delicious!

It was! And because it was huge, I had some for breakfast this morning :)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options

Oh wow...I've never made Shephard's Pie that way! I usually use Bisto and Worchester Sauce with the peas and carrots. But I love the idea of cauliflower on top. I suspect Bisto isn't very carb friendly since it has a lot of corn starch in it :)
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    fdve36gvu7tv.jpeg

They don't look very pretty, I'm still learning to roll sushi hand rolls without the firm base of rice, but they were yummy!

Spicy Prawn Hand Rolls

3 half sheets of nori
    150 grams of large cooked prawns, chopped into 1/4" pieces
    1 Tbsp chopped spring onion
    1 Tbsp mayo
    1/2 Tbsp Sriracha
    70 grams avocado

Easy peasy, quick, tasty and only 3 net carbs for all 3 rolls. 377 calories, 24 g fat, 31 g protein
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    fdve36gvu7tv.jpeg

They don't look very pretty, I'm still learning to roll sushi hand rolls without the firm base of rice, but they were yummy!

Spicy Prawn Hand Rolls

3 half sheets of nori
    150 grams of large cooked prawns, chopped into 1/4" pieces
    1 Tbsp chopped spring onion
    1 Tbsp mayo
    1/2 Tbsp Sriracha
    70 grams avocado

Easy peasy, quick, tasty and only 3 net carbs for all 3 rolls. 377 calories, 24 g fat, 31 g protein

These look so good! Thanks for posting the recipe!
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    ^ That just decided dinner for us, thanks! Looks really good.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    2ar4fn4dzmqw.jpeg
    I fried a pack of shiritake noodles in butter, then added some of my leftover cabbage, bok choy and Thai chicken curry to it and heated it up in 3 minutes flat.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a pic of it but here's the info for the milkshake I made
    sm9xyzf8i3r0.jpeg
    Pretty darn good way to drink this disgusting plain kefir!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    2ar4fn4dzmqw.jpeg
    I fried a pack of shiritake noodles in butter, then added some of my leftover cabbage, bok choy and Thai chicken curry to it and heated it up in 3 minutes flat.

Now ur talking... How did u make chicken curry?
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Just scroll up and you'll see how I did it. It was just a cut up roasted chicken with all the drippings combined with sautéed vegetables, coconut milk, red curry paste and seasonings.
  • disaberry
    disaberry Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Man O MAN! All this looks so great! I'll have to start taking more foodie pics.
    Last nights dinner... Appetizers Shrimp and cukes with homemade mayo sciracha sauc. Main course slow baked cross cut grass fed beef short ribs with smashed rutabagas soaked in coconut oil and butter (lots of it).
    The picture is my homemade fresh ginger bombs. :)1ff5a5j8ibjx.jpeg
    rb30pctr5d5p.jpeg

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Slow Carb Chili and cheese with a side of hotdogs for dinner. mra281qwcb8e.jpeg
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Crackling chicken leg quarters with some leftover Brussels sprouts, and mushrooms with some pieces of a hamburger patty in it!
    2asv6cqj0hh9.jpg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Mmmmmm. Everything looks so good!
    I made these mozzarella stuffed meatballs tonight. Put mine on a bed of zoodles while the fam had their whole wheat pasta.
    Deeeeee-lish-ous!
    gje92xjoigat.png
    vj8cl93ao88t.jpeg
    w2s5b1kifcn9.jpeg
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I made these mozzarella stuffed meatballs tonight. Put mine on a bed of zoodles while the fam had their whole wheat pasta.
    Deeeeee-lish-ous!
    gje92xjoigat.png
    vj8cl93ao88t.jpeg
    w2s5b1kifcn9.jpeg

Amazing!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Deeeeee-lish-ous!
    gje92xjoigat.png
    vj8cl93ao88t.jpeg
    w2s5b1kifcn9.jpeg

Amazing!

I seriously got the recipe from this video on Facebook. Hopefully the link is good.
    https://www.facebook.com/GazaFM/videos/998258456883528/
    I used pork rinds instead of bread crumbs and added some Italian seasoning. I also didn't use hot sausage, just regular.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    qm4hav0hjecy.jpeg
    Salmon with spaghetti squash topped with sautéed peppers and cream cheese sauce (tastes better than it looks)

Ribeye with spaghetti squash and cream cheese sauce
    vn41gzm0iayi.jpeg
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    d1gu5ml321lv.jpg

Thai green chicken curry 17g carbs, 15g net. I tend to save my carbs for my evening meal and just use them on veggies.

snhujro0f0zc.jpg

Creamy lemon chicken with spinach 7g carbs, 5g net.

8ti0l0eu8crk.jpg

Omelets, this one is cheese, chorizo and rocket 3g carbs

zrhpqato2acl.jpg

This thing is amazing but I had it before keto so not sure of the macros, def keto though!

Fried crispy cheddar, meat of choice, eggs and avocado, you can pick it up like a taco! soooo good.