Replies

• joey4014
    joey4014 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    No off days huh?
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @Gianfranco_R thanks for that link, I plan to go onto more after this one. I'm taking it slow as to not hurt my back because I have some old injuries that get aggravated by to much. This so far I'm good

@joey4014 I have taken some days in between when my low back was acting up
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful @auntstephie321! Great time!

I worked today, so haven't had a chance to try, yet. :smiley:
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Day 6 - Thank God for music... 1:40
  • midge_m
    midge_m Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    after that you reach your goal you can also consider this:
    http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/plank-progression.html
    or do the whole program :smile: it is very well designed

In the comments it talks about not holding planks for more than 30 seconds. I know very little about this, any truth to it being bad for you?
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    midge_m wrote: »
    after that you reach your goal you can also consider this:
    http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/plank-progression.html
    or do the whole program :smile: it is very well designed

In the comments it talks about not holding planks for more than 30 seconds. I know very little about this, any truth to it being bad for you?

I don't know, I have some doubts. Anyway this is a progressive program, so the purpose is to gain strength/muscles, not endurance, and 1 minute is enough.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    No plank for me last night, should be back to it today.

@AshleyC1023 nice, I agree music has been very helpful to me as well

@midge_m I don't know about the 30 second thing, I've held mine for longer than that before I started this program with no issues. It likely depends on your body, if 30 seconds feels good but hurts after you reach that point don't push to injury.

• AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm skipping tonight - my thighs are just miserable from squats on Thursday! Need to let those puppies unwind a bit, as I'm having a rough time getting up and down out of the truck.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Oh no squats are killer lol

I did 3 separate 1 minute planks with a short break in between. Two on forearms one on hands, forearms are actually harder.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    I didn't try yesterday. I was tired after working. I helped my sister move today, and my back feels it. So, not planking today either! Back at it tomorrow! :smiley:
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Mine was aching a little today too that why I broke it up, seemed ok I'll know tomorrow. Hope yours feels better in the morning.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    You too! Thanks! :smiley: Hugs (ever so gently!)! :blush:
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    2:56 with arm fatigue being my only symptom! Also, I measured distance from the wall, and I'm at 19 inches. I was scared it would hurt, but am so glad it didn't!_
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    2:56 with arm fatigue being my only symptom! Also, I measured distance from the wall, and I'm at 19 inches. I was scared it would hurt, but am so glad it didn't!_

Wow that's great, you're making real progress. Great job!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Missed a couple days. Was able to do a two minute plank then another minute and a half with a two minute break in between. Started to feel pain in my ribs this time so I must be using some newly found muscles. :)
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Second time today was 3:00 without any fatigue, or pain! I'm so excited to see where this takes me! :smiley:
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    :) me too I'm excited for you. I've started incorporating wall sits too since those don't aggravate me at all. I'm so hoping to be able to move up to some lifting without pain in the future, I'm so impatient though I'm trying not to rush it
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Super struggling with these lately, I almost wasn't going to do them today because I didn't feel strong enough. I decided to anyway since it only takes a few minutes, I did two minutes then break for one minute then another minute plank. I can't seem to get back to three minutes straight yet so I'm going to keep doing this as long as I can till I can get past the minutes.

I did feel pretty strong well past one minute so I can feel I'm getting stronger, I love that
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    My sis sent me this today, my nephew doing his plank with dad, and my niece saw them and joined in lol. To cuteb0kysei96yrb.jpg
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    So today @knitormiss told me that I can't listen to music because it's a crutch and not mindful