NSV's

Options

Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    For the first time in a decade, I'm not in plus sizes. An XL fits me comfortably, and sometimes with room!

I went shopping the other day, tried on 8 shirts in hopes of 1 fitting. 8 fit.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    No arguing what's in front of your face, eh?

I just wish my brain would quit arguing with my eyes, lol.

I actually have this as a real thing - at least yours doesn't affect your balance, too! Maybe time to start doing some perspective related journaling? I have to REALLY get outside myself to be able to see big picture stuff, and for me that is ALWAYS complicated...
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Over the holidays, I relapsed into old eating habits. In my fog of carb induced stupidity, I ordered three boxes of girl scout cookies from an old classmate. NSV? I sold them all when they came in this weekend!! HA! Normally, I would have consumed a box a day until they were gone. NOT THIS YEAR!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Over the holidays, I relapsed into old eating habits. In my fog of carb induced stupidity, I ordered three boxes of girl scout cookies from an old classmate. NSV? I sold them all when they came in this weekend!! HA! Normally, I would have consumed a box a day until they were gone. NOT THIS YEAR!!

That is INCREDIBLE - from a former GS Troop Co-leader. So impressed!!!!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Way to turn that around @chaoticdreams I'm impressed!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options

I just ordered three boxes however the girl scouts here have a program so that I can send them to servicemen overseas. Not a chance of temptation and my niece sold 3 boxes of cookies. WIN-WIN-WIN!!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »

I just ordered three boxes however the girl scouts here have a program so that I can send them to servicemen overseas. Not a chance of temptation and my niece sold 3 boxes of cookies. WIN-WIN-WIN!!

I remember getting giant boxes of girl scout cookies while I was overseas. A lot of my buddies enjoyed the heck out of them, so thank you on their behalf.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »

I remember getting giant boxes of girl scout cookies while I was overseas. A lot of my buddies enjoyed the heck out of them, so thank you on their behalf.

The girls actually get a badge and everything if the troop collects enough (there are individual and group badges), and it is a huge goal within every GS organization I've ever known... Most of the troops have multiple family members who serve, so it's personal motivation in most cases.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Dang, I wish I had known this!!!! I would of done it as I have several friends in Afghanistan at the moment. Now I'm going to go track down her troop....
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

Dang, I wish I had known this!!!! I would of done it as I have several friends in Afghanistan at the moment. Now I'm going to go track down her troop....

They can't send to a specific unit, but you can make sure your friend's unit gets on the list (call the GS HQ in your area if the mom and troop leader don't know how), then it is a massive nationwide distribution effort...like insanely huge effort...
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is that yesterday I tried my first fast and not only made it to my goal of 18 hours without food, but actually went to 19.5, felt great. I ate yesterday between 1:30 - 4:30 pm only, and actually had a really hard time falling asleep last night and was up this morning at 5:00 am, with less then 6 hours of sleep. Here it is almost noon and while, yes, I've drank black coffee, I don't feel sleepy or groggy. My energy level is great!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    My weight has just been bouncing up and down in a small range for a few weeks now, BUT this morning I did measurements and I've lost about 3/4" in my hips in the past few weeks! (And honestly that almost never happens to me--measurement changes without scale changes--so I was excited.)
  • Nymba
    Nymba Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My NSV is:

Being able to fit into my jeans that were too tight for me in December.

Also since the 1st of February I was feeling good enough to quit drinking coke. I use to drink 2 1/2 Liters a day. I know it hasn't been long but I really don't miss it. I have 2 cups of coffee to keep caffeine withdrawal away, a cup of chicken broth, and plain water all day. I can't believe how much water I drink now. I also noticed that I am not bloated like I use to be.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    The bakery section wasn't tempting today. My husband bought bread, donuts, candy, chips - all the "good" stuff. Not even a glimmer of interest from me.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Great job, @jessicaesqueda0409 !
  • kz_dc
    kz_dc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My parents visited two weeks ago, and my mother didn't think my winter coat was warm enough. (Moms don't change, even when their kids get old!) This week, she sent me a box with a stylish new coat from Laundry that she said she got on sale. I saw the tag read "small" and sighed to myself that it would never zip up. But it does and it looks awesome! I don't think I could wear anything too thick under it, but I don't care!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've had to start hooking my bras on the very smallest hooks. Looks like I'll need to spend some of my income tax return on new necessities!
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I hesitate in opening this thread because I thought it would make me feel bad since I have fallen off the wagon and trying very hard to get back on it, BUT it reminded me the real reason why I want to stick to this WOE, the scale yes but all the health benefits. Thanks to all who have posted even if you thought it was embarrassing. :-)
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have been sick. My throat is scratchy and I am not feeling well. Yesterday I wanted to use it to justify a major cheat, but instead had a few ounces of cheese and hard salami with liver pate. Went over my calories, but stayed within the carbs.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    I've had to start hooking my bras on the very smallest hooks. Looks like I'll need to spend some of my income tax return on new necessities!

Same here. And even then they are too big around. My bra has actually slipped out of place under my shirt a couple times recently (while wrestling with my babies), so it's definitely time for new ones!