What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Peppered steak salad with parmesan peppercorn dressing
    6m7yxp9d3ges.jpg
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Oh wow that looks good !
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Creol Crawfish, shrimp, sausage, asparagus, Brussel sprouts, and olive boil! Very spicy!!! if8athxytcft.jpg

I'm so jealous of your meal right now! Looks delicious!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Low carb sushi

Is that wrapped in cabbage? That's brilliant!! I wish my cabbage at home wasn't all shredded up for slaw right now!

Thin slices of cucumber actually!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    wsr4ypn6f150.jpg

I don't typically take pictures of my food, but I made this myself and don't usually cook. It's kimchi fried rice (cauliflower rice) with pork belly, a fried egg, and a bit of green onion and sesame seeds for color. It was amazing!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I Have been wanting to try and cook pork belly for years.... Looks amazing
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I cheated! It comes pre-cooked from Trader Joes so I just cut it and fried it to high heaven. OMG!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    After my lovely walk on the frozen river I was hungry for a basic feel good meal that speaks for itself. One piece of bacon somehow didn't make it for the photo shoot.
  • ettaterrell
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Homade Crawfish Chowder... Made with HWC and Homade chicken broth...yummy r85wfzjqg0ih.jpg
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    @ettaterrell..recipe please!! I love crawfish, broiled, in ettoufe or fried, never had chowder...
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    I didn't have a recipe really just boiled chicken sling/fat in water and threw in doe of the cooked and seasoned heads boiled it down the sautéed bell pepper, onion and celery. Took the skin and heads out of broth added sautéed veggies 1/2 cup HWC and zaterans CreOl seasoning brought to boil then thickened with that low carb thicker (starts with a z I think lol) then threw in tails. Basically just get a recipe off line and leave out corn flour and potatoes lol.
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Chicken breasts stuffed and smothered in spinach artichoke dip. My kitchen smelled so good and the dish was a huge hit.

gt7aqa9s7pt9.jpeg
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Okay, maybe someone can answer me this. I LOVELOVELOVED fresh artichokes made steamed or boiled growing up with my mom (a favorite "luxury dish"). However, jarred artichoke hearts (I like all the fleshy bits) always seem to be flavored somehow, though I'll admit I haven't tried them in a few years. I'd love to try this again, but my guy (who usually "eats" my mistakes for me) hates artichoke, the fresh are WAY too expensive, and I'm leery of jarred ones. Does anyone know which taste the most like fresh? Or what the heck the jarred ones do taste like?

I'm tired of avoiding recipes that have artichokes because of all of the above concerns, you know? I used to LOVELOVELOVE them so very very very much...
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

aga6nstiwxff.jpeg

super complicated stuff.

If anyone that is trying to stay very low carb is missing pizza, this is how I make mine. No crust at all. And I just tear off pieces and dip in garlic butter or the lowest carb pizza sauce I can find. I don't end up eating enough sauce to amount to many carbs.
    You can still put whatever you want on top. [/quote]

@marshmallowbuff here is a crust less pizza.
    Totally yummy! No need for crust! You'd be surprised that it's just as filling!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    1rav2ml2ufet.jpeg

Not a very photogenic meal but tasty. Bun Less hot dogs with chili, cheese, dill relish, and mustard.
  • marshmallowbuff
    marshmallowbuff Posts: 32 Member
    Options

aga6nstiwxff.jpeg

super complicated stuff.

If anyone that is trying to stay very low carb is missing pizza, this is how I make mine. No crust at all. And I just tear off pieces and dip in garlic butter or the lowest carb pizza sauce I can find. I don't end up eating enough sauce to amount to many carbs.
    You can still put whatever you want on top.

@marshmallowbuff here is a crust less pizza.
    Totally yummy! No need for crust! You'd be surprised that it's just as filling![/quote]

Yasssss!!! That looks all kinds of amazing!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    hrn1z4gem57o.jpeg
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »