What do we want to acheive today?

Options

Replies

• d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,049 Member
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    I've done some work with CF and epoxy. The CF is harder to work with than fiberglass, edge cutting and finishing is finicky. This is a CF coaming on one of my boats. I've used larger sheets for inside reinforcement on my current build.

Fortunately we are more interested in function than looks.

Got the slow hardener with a pot time of 60 min (since I didn't have a clue what I was doing) and things went... OK. Will be 12 hours (give or take) to be dry to touch and 7 days before fully cured... at 77 F. Didn't quite make that today, 72 F. Hope that won't be a problem as it looks like I still have two more days of CF and epoxy ahead of me. Expect 72 F tomorrow but only 66 F Sunday.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Today, and tomorrow really, I'm hoping to wrap some things up for the wedding. One more sweep through the yard cleaning, weeding and generally making it look nice, then hanging all the lights around the yard, a little more shopping to do and hopefully a trip to the gym in the morning!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Did Barre Burn on Sunday and a Trader Joe's run, Butt class on Monday plus PT a Whole Foods run. Coupled with the rainy weather, it was too much for my healing ankle and I'm swollen again.

Dr put me back on anti inflammatories.

YUCK
  • clynns54
    clynns54 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Get back on track!
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Today I'm going for a run
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Good for you, beautiful weather here, hope it is the same for you.
  • MostlyWater
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm a couple of weeks post setback and my dr said to do more, famous last word.

I did a class, The Deep Extreme on Friday, and on Sunday, Barre Burn. And, along with everyone else, I hopped! And it was OK !!!!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to get back to the gym after taking about a week off. Last week was a blur and while I got a lot of running around done I really missed the gym and my long walks or short runs with the dog. It's so nice to be back to normal.

Below are a few pics from the wedding Friday, not a million......I promise. Just enough to give you an idea of how beautiful it was!

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/lmsinca5/library/?sort=3&page=1
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    Took Barre today, the teacher said she could see my progress! yay!

Also, at PT, I graduated from the Uneven Board to the Balance Board. It's MUCH harder !!! Specially when I close my eyes !!!
  • gmoo150
    gmoo150 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Went over on calories yesterday, so back on track today -- not in a week or a month or, well, a year from now!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I am totally in a downward spiral. All I want to do today is NOT eat stuff I know I shouldn't. Completely off the wagon and feeling most desolate about it but can't seem to get back on the wagon and stay there. So we try again.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    @nikkib0103! Oh! Don't let it spiral out of control!! Is there a medical issue about what you "shouldn't" eat? If not, then remove "shouldn't" from your thought process. No food should be forbidden, but be sure you think about what you are eating. Let's play one of my little mind games.....Would you like a brownie? Yes, please! Would an apple satisfy your craving right now? NO WAY! Are you willing and able to add an extra 30 min of exercise to pay for the treat today? Well, maybe. Take a walk and see how you feel when you get back. OK...Sigh. Still want a brownie? Yes, please! Go ahead...cut one and plate it. Doesn't that look yummy? UHMMM! Put the rest away and take your treasure to a comfy spot. Done! Now enjoy the decadence. Sooo worth it.
    It may seem silly, but this little self-talk thing has made all the difference for me this time around. NOTHING is forbidden but I realize the consequences of indulging the cravings upfront, before I spiral out of control and into self-loothing. Sometimes, the apple will satisfy. Or after the walk, the craving is gone. Or I decide it just isn't worth it today. Maybe tomorrow (and hopefully my son will have finished the pan of brownies by then....LOL)
    Keep pressing on...you will find a system that works for you.
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    Went to Best Butt Ever!!! class with a teacher I love. It was super crowded, including the locker room and showers. Not sure if I'll return.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    Good for you, beautiful weather here, hope it is the same for you.

I live in a city called York in the Uk. It's beautiful all the daffodils are starting to bloom. A great place to run xx
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Went to Best Butt Ever!!! class with a teacher I love. It was super crowded, including the locker room and showers. Not sure if I'll return.

Now that sounds like fun
  • BBee5064
    Options
    chamblisk wrote: »
    @nikkib0103! Oh! Don't let it spiral out of control!! Is there a medical issue about what you "shouldn't" eat? If not, then remove "shouldn't" from your thought process. No food should be forbidden, but be sure you think about what you are eating. Let's play one of my little mind games.....Would you like a brownie? Yes, please! Would an apple satisfy your craving right now? NO WAY! Are you willing and able to add an extra 30 min of exercise to pay for the treat today? Well, maybe. Take a walk and see how you feel when you get back. OK...Sigh. Still want a brownie? Yes, please! Go ahead...cut one and plate it. Doesn't that look yummy? UHMMM! Put the rest away and take your treasure to a comfy spot. Done! Now enjoy the decadence. Sooo worth it.
    It may seem silly, but this little self-talk thing has made all the difference for me this time around. NOTHING is forbidden but I realize the consequences of indulging the cravings upfront, before I spiral out of control and into self-loothing. Sometimes, the apple will satisfy. Or after the walk, the craving is gone. Or I decide it just isn't worth it today. Maybe tomorrow (and hopefully my son will have finished the pan of brownies by then....LOL)
    Keep pressing on...you will find a system that works for you.

Great advice.. The mind is a powerful tool
  • BBee5064
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    I am totally in a downward spiral. All I want to do today is NOT eat stuff I know I shouldn't. Completely off the wagon and feeling most desolate about it but can't seem to get back on the wagon and stay there. So we try again.
    Someone once told me that we one of us falls off the wagon..their will always be someone to help us get back on it again.. Mfp is that someone..
    Keep going at it Nikki.. U got this
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    @chamblisk Thanks. You're right. Usually if I wait long enough the urge will go away. But sometimes I do not wait! However, I am starting t suck it up again and get back in the groove. Thank you for the sound advice. There is in my house right now some Lorna Doones which I love. I will apply your strategy and see. Mericfully the box is nearly empty!
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »

Looks like you are getting sound advice from @BBee5064
    Just know we have all been there. Sometimes just knowing someone cares enough to say, hey you'll be alright - is enough to change the direction of that spiral. You got this!

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,069 Member
    Options
    My dietitian taught me a lesson which stuck with me… I was sitting in his office feeling a bit dejected because I gained a pound after two weeks of eating carefully. I was disappointed and angry at myself.

He looked at me and asked me what I would say to my daughter if she was upset about gaining a pound. I replied "After I stop laughing, I would tell her that life is more than just a number on a scale."

He nodded his head and asked "Why can't yourself the same kind of compassion?"

I didn't have an answer… I still don't… but I'm working on it.