Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Steph...it's got to be hard on you being around sweet stuff and having to taste it! Maybe have family and employees help with that?

Marie..glad to hear you are okay. When will you have results from X-rays?

Nancy...busy days are good, aren't they?

Hello to everyone else!

It's going to be a beautiful day today with rain coming tomorrow and the weekend. Hope you all have a great day!

Stay strong! If not now when?

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Good morning misfit.

No ideal when I will hear from them on my x rays. Will give them a few days and check on it.

I do have an appointment the 5 of April also a appointment with the butt Doctor. On the 6 of April.. My pain is n,ot as bad.. I can get into bed now without pain.
    And
    Get up and down out of chairs better.

I am starting a new way of eating now . still on the plant base diet just will leave off all flour products and sugar. Just eat beans, potatoes, veggies.., fruit. And see how that work out

Have a kmavrlouse day.

Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

We are getting the rain early. Not supposed to tarry long.

Connie, Yes busy days are good.

Marie, Hope you are doing ok??

Have a good day.

Nancy
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I posted yesterday that I was trying something new. I was down 2 pounds yesterday. And today I am down 1 so far. So hopefully it will continue to trend in the right direction. I'm finding it kind of hard to eat enough food according to the plan but even if I don't it is at least mostly the right foods. Here's to hoping.......

Esther
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    Rain here today too and missed the freezing rain yesterday that they predicted. The cold weather
    is back for a while and snow the north of us is happening. They can keep it!

Yesterday was lunch and a movie with my sister and it was a good day. We saw the movie "The Lady in
    the Van" with Maggie Smith and she was just awesome. She is a great actor, remember her in
    Downton Abbey, she was the matriarch.

Today was my haircut at the salon and then some grocery shopping after that.
    I didn't log my food yesterday but today back at it. Also staying away from sugar.
    Have a good day.

Shirley

• CALIECAT
    Options
    I got my haircut too today. She also show me how to Color my gray hairs in my eyebrows by using a a eyelinder and a little brush. She also cut my long stray grey eyebrows
    All pretty up for Easter. Jerry days I turn him on I Wonder how long that will last. Ha Ha. May try to get a picture.Later. My Beans and cabbage I cook in my I Pot was Delicious
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @CALIECAT...you are soooo funny..... :p

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    This must have been hair cutting day as my hubby and I got cuts too. I was well overdue.

Marie, Sounds like you turned Jerry on with your new cut.

Nancy
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

just stopping in to say hi. what is everyone doing for easter? we don't celebrate it but last week, when we went to the children's hospital for my son, he wanted to get all the kids stuffed animals for easter. i am going to go to all the stores and buy up what's left on monday morning so we can do this next week. he was so young the last time went, he didn't remember how sad it was to see some of the kids and how much they appreciate it when healthy kids visit with them. anyhow, time to go pick him up from the mall, teenagers:) another pretty good day for me! going to try and cut my cardio down, i am tired and it is not helping:(

stephanie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Just checking in. @slw19 I have the same problem with sugar. @lovesretirement I'm considering the Adkins way of life. I did it with success before but when the holidays came around at the end of the year I fell off th e wagon and let it roll over me. I haven't lost any weight yet because I do well one day then terrible the next. Im going to get it together though. In other news, I finally received my diploma in the mail. I now have a Masters in Education and a Single subject credential in general science. My graduation is May 21 so that's a day to look forward to losing 10 lbs. by.

Sonya
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, friends! Happy Good Friday!

Steph...good for your son for reaching out to others! Cutting cardio is a good idea; too much cortisol is what stresses the body keeping it from shedding the pounds.

Sonya..congrats on your degree! That is fantastic! What's next?

Shirley..I'm waiting to see that movie...love Maggie Smith.

No haircut for me this weekend...lol. My appointment is a few weeks away. It's gym day for me then a pedicure.
    What are you guys fixing for Easter dinner?

Take care.

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Sunny,

Congrats on your masters!! that is amazing, so proud of you! I'm not sure i would have it in me to go back to school now. i do have my MBA and am always thinking about taking new classes, i feel sort of obsolete because i received it over 20 years ago ands much has changed in the world of business.

in terms of eating, you sound like it is balancing out, at least everyday is not bad:) Atkins sounds like it works. i am shooting for balance but just taking me a long time to figuring it out:)

hope everyone has a nice holiday!

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Steph We are oing out to the country at my younest daughter house to have a family Easter egg Hunt But will be April 2 Instead of Easter So all the little ones can be with us. And I am so happy to get them all together All of my grandkids great grandkids and great great grandkid are planning to be there.

Sonya aren't you a smart one.

Have a great day everybody

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY TODAY
    Happy birthday Ruthie Its been great having you in our group
    And hope your day is a very sweet one
    622057rkrj8o3xoi.gif
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    642442s5am4b2ugx.gif

Happy Birthday Ruthie!!

Marie - How are you doing? I see you were in the ER and read it on facebook.

Sonya - Congratulations on the degree. Hard work but worth it!!

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Ruth!!!!!!

My plans for Easter.......the rest of my family will be going to church on Sunday. I politely avoid church on Easter. Incense is a Catholic thing that I am deathly allergic to. Within seconds my asthma is flaring up, a migraine starting and if I don't get out fast enough I will pass out and hit the floor. And all this happens within about 60 seconds. The last time it happened I wound up in the emergency room for most of a day because of the asthma. So needless to say I will be Easter bunny again this year. I just hope it is sunny and I can hide eggs outside in the yard. For dinner we will be going out to a friends house. I have been friends with him and his mom for about 20 years now and his dogs are friends with my dogs so everyone is happy except my parents. My mom has been getting unbearable to have around much. I'm not sure if her mind is going or if it is just her blood sugar but one minute she can be fine and the next she is out for blood and no one is spared. My friends don't want to be around he and neither does my hubby or teenager. And I also have an issue with her the day before deciding she wants to make plans for dinner. I have had our dinner plans in place for over 2 weeks now. We are having ham,scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole, chocolate pudding and pumpkin pie.

Esther
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,

Sunny, So happy for you!!! What a great accomplishment.

Ruthie, Happy Birthday!!! Have a great day.

Happy Easter to everyone.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, Happy Birthday Ruth!! For Easter we are going to my MIL's, my husband has 4 sisters and they do all events. We will bring some kind of dessert, I guess, that's what they usually want us to bring.
    Not much has been going on this week, our Deals went to 50% off and I went and bought several things. I dont need hair cut but I am going to color my hair before Sunday, it's due.
    It's cold here today right now only 41 degrees.
    I plan on cooking a small ham later today, for supper. Have a good weekend everyone. Janice
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Happy Birthday Ruth! I hope you enjoy your day.

Janice I plan to color my hair too. AL of a sudden I'm getting a lot of gray on the sides :/

Connie I have put in several application for teaching Middle school science. I was a house wife for many year. Then I became a substitute teacher so I could still be available for my children. I am finally starting a career at 43 years old and I'm really excited.

So I'm really surprised but my scale is saying I'm down 1.6 lbs. :)

Sonya
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Sunny-Congratulations on your weight loss Sunny! My gray is coming thru, too. It's great you were able to stay at home while your kids were young, I did too, and then get your degree for a new career. Janice