Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Connie - Sounds like you and I have the same knee problems. I have to stretch my leg too and do calf
    stretches almost everyday and that keeps the knee from hurting. I had my last treatment at the chiropractor today for my knee and will keep up the stretches.

Marie - Your company is approaching now I hope you will be ready. I agree with Connie about the pain
    pills maybe take half or a quarter and see how your blood sugar is.

Esther- I can't believe you are mowing your lawn already. We have rain today and tomorrow and then
    another polar vortex is coming for the weekend and possibly snow. I hope it's the last for awhile. Our lawn is drenched.

Hi to Nancy and Janice!

Shirley
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

We too are expecting storms over night. We need the rain to wash away the pollen but I don't like storms overnight usually wakes me.

We've cut our grass once and it's ready again but we are waiting for the pollen to wash away first.

Nancy - I am still following the starch solution in so far as not eating meat/drinking or eating dairy. I have to track though. The weight is not coming off but I feel so much better!?! Not sure what to do. Maybe I'll find something else to get the weight loss and then switch to starch solution/tracking for maintenance?? Not sure yet. I really like everything about how my body feels/functions on starch.

Another new month is staring us down!
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    yes I am in the same boat Ruthie. I am re reading his book buck still no clue what I am doing wrong. Still eating potatoes, beans no meat no dairy no oil.But I am containing fluids from my congested heart failure. I will keep plugging along for it has made a change in my medications. Have not been having to used the fast acting insulin in a while I am still on My lantuse but it is cut way down. I was taking 30 units at night time and down to 12 units now. I will continue cuting back on it till I get it way down. My doctor says a little at a time. So it is cut in half. in 3 months

<3<3<3 Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    @CALIECAT
    @JLoRuthie I agree there are benefits on the starch solution. I feel satisfied with the food and I sleep really well since being on SS which is great.
    The negative for me is the bloat and not losing.
    Decisions!!!
    Nancy

• CALIECAT
    Options
    @eyegirl777va When do you go for your lab work Nancy?
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Marie, On April 20.
    Nancy
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    That's ok Shirley I can't believe we are mowing the lawn this early either. And it has been bright green grass all winter long. Normally it gets brown and icky in December and January. But not this year. And it was about 7 inches long too. We have had some heavy dew in the mornings but gorgeous sunshine. It was over 60 today!!!!!!!!!

I'm still trying to find a day to be lazy. My feet are really bothering me because of the shoes I wear day in and day out. The aches are from poor support but it is all o can wear because of the difference in length. I am also having troubles with my dry suit. I am getting pool water in my feet. I am going to send my suit off to California for some testing and repair so I get to deal with the Junkie's Itch again. But it is only temporary so I will survive. And I hate to see it happen but the weather is changing as well. My knees are really bothering me again because of the front coming in. This week was awesome. I got plenty done outside. I have also noticed my hair is bleaching in all the sun.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!

Shirley...I just ordered a stretching DVD that I will do whether I exercise or not. I need to make that a daily habit. It took nearly a week for the pain to go away and walking on it was tough. Daughter massaged several knots on that leg.

Nancy..I don't like housework either and there is a fine layer of dust from pollen (and the building of houses) that comes back everyday, so it's hard to keep stuff clean.

Marie..having to take less meds is a win-win in my book!

Ruthie...rain last night and continuing this morning..hope it washes the pollen away.

Not much planned for today. My knee/leg is back to normal, but I am still not doing any exercise until next week. This is a great day to relax since it's raining.

Have a great weekend, losers!

Connie

• Shirley61
    Options
    No rain here today for change, but the temps will plummet tonight. Choir rehearsal tomorrow and
    then performance at night, a busy Saturday. Sunday will be Isaac's birthday party and our long drive
    there but that's okay I would go even farther to see him. :)

A spontaneous day at the hotel/health club with a friend from Yoga class. She is looking for a Maala
    bead necklace, I have to look up the spelling since I have no spell check on the site. The necklaces
    are meditation necklaces that you wear around your neck. The cost at the gift shop was over a $100
    so I didn't purchase one but she wanted to make one for herself. She is going to do some research
    on it first. We had a nice lunch at the Play Cafe and I ordered a barley soup and ceasar salad.

Now home again and still have dust my bedroom so off I go!

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    Been out and about most of day and ready to sit down and rest. We missed the bad weather yesterday and am thankful.

Hope y'all are doing well.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I was concern about you Nancy
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Thanks Marie...
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi, today my daughter took me out to lunch for my birthday, we went to Cattlemens. I had a small steak, potatoes and salad bar, it was good, and I brought home what I couldn't finish. Then we went out shopping, I got 2 shirts and 2 shorts. We had a good day together. Hubby was home working on the car project. It is so windy here today, it's crazy, the gust seem really strong. I am going to take it easy the rest of the day. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am home too tired to post a post see you all tomorrow. But great fun
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello.

Happy belated Birthday Janice. Sounds like you've been having fun.

Connie I'm glad you're knee is better.

Nacy how was your performance. I love singing

Shirley I'm looking forward to fertilizing my year next weekend it looks terrible right now.

This week was every emotional I started counseling with my ex. A lot of raw emotions were exposed. I feel like I just got myself back together today but I think this will be a good thing. I am feeling hopeful
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Morning,

Last night was a choir performance with young people showing their talents too. Some great talent
    out there. I didn't realize how busy our choir director is with workshops, judications, and summer camps but these were her students entertaining us last night. We got up and did 3 songs. It was a nice
    evening except when i got out to go home, a snow storm was facing all of us. A scary ride home,
    I was following a car on the highway and he slid off the road in front of me. I kept on going but got
    off at one of the exits and took the back roads home at least there was more lighting.

Now we are leaving shortly to see Isaac at his first birthday party. One year old today. I will be taking
    my camera so I should have a picture to show you.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @CALIECAT...hope you had a great time with your family! Can't wait to see pics!

@Sunnyfarm...sorry for your distress but remember that the truth will set you free!

@Shirley61...glad you made it through the snow. Enjoy the baby! The year passed by so quickly!

@janiceclark08...glad you had a fun time with your daughter.

Hello to all other misfits! Happy Sunday!

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Connie-You are so right this year has flown by.

Marie-I hope you are doing okay, and recouping from your family get together.

Sunny-Sorry this has been a stressful time for you, glad to hear that,you are starting to feel like yourself again. I do remember feeling that way after my divorce, I'd like to think I became a better version of myself after it all. You can, too.

Shirley-Glad you made it home safe, I hate driving in snow or rain, even if I'm driving safe someone else isn't and I don't want to be in a wreck.I hope you have a fun time with Isaac on his birthday.

Nancy-How is your husband doing? Glad you got to get away recently and see your sister. I'm sure you needed a break after the past year. How is your son?

Steph-Are you still on vacation with your daughter? You and Shirley are the travelers of the misfits and going to alot of nice vacation spots.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    yes I am home and admit I am tired
    Wonderful day with my family.
    But i really got off my diet in a bad way. But today is a new day. A new beginning did not get any pictures But there is lots on Facebook. but i cannot copy them to show you guys
    marie.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,
    we are back from a busy spring break week and way too many mess out! i would always prefer to eat home, unless i am the crazy woman in the restaurant requesting everything steamed and dry, i seem to gain weight, lots of salt. right back at it. took a hot yoga class with my hubby this afternoon, really hard but really fun to do together. it felt really good just maybe a smidge too hot. Now to figure out dinner....tomorrow back to regular routine:)

hope everyone is doing well! will check back tomorrow.