NSV's

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory - which means any progress marker not directly related to the scale going down in numbers.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    These NSVs are wonderful! Invigorating! Makes me happy just to read them. :)
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the explaination folks, I love this thread. @smuller73 well done on the wedding cake, hope you took photos.
  • tishball
    Options
    oh wow! That is just beautiful. I love it. I can imagine that the happy couple were thrilled with your cake. That is such a professional job.
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Tishball. They were happy and I am glad I took the challenge now, although still not convinced I would do it again :D . It was lucky I was on leave from my day job at the time. :#
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    smuller73 wrote: »
    tishball wrote: »
    Thanks for the explaination folks, I love this thread. @smuller73 well done on the wedding cake, hope you took photos.

I did
    qdix07fpzb9l.jpg

Beautiful! I was a wedding photographer for 10 years and I've seen and photographed a lot of cakes! This one is every bit as good any I've ever seen!
    Great job!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    That is gorgeous!
  • tishball
    Options
    I am only 10 days in, and my pants keep dropping down my backside here at work too.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @kimmydear I'm so pleased for you! I'm having a similar dilemma with my jeans, although I'm going from a 14 down to a 12. I really need a belt to keep the 14s up. My head says that I should wait 3-4 more lbs before buying the 12s.
    @anglyn I hear ya about people taking longer to notice weight loss , slimming, on us shorter girls. I'm 5'2" ( which is tall to you) but shorter than a lot of my family. When winter clothes come off and we wear our summer things, then maybe they'll be surprised!
  • tishball
    Options
    @elize7 that is just great news, I love that it can still be changing you body even if the scales doesn't show it.
  • tishball
    Options
    am I blind, or were the like and awesome buttons always here?
  • cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    tishball wrote: »
    am I blind, or were the like and awesome buttons always here?

They appeared fairly recently.

• DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm eating over twice the recommended sodium intake (sometimes twice of the maximum limit typically stated) as I'm sure most of us are. I tested my blood pressure at work this morning and, lo and behold, it was the same as it's always been. (94/69)
    bwahahahahahaha
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    The wedding cake is BEAUTIFUL! Good job!

My new NSV is a little weird, but since I noticed it I'll mention it. I've never had a problem with my seatbelt rubbing my collarbone before, but now I'm noticing how uncomfortable that is. Maybe that's not really an NSV, huh? :) And my wedding ring comes off without running cold water over my hands first now.