NSV's

Options

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    ..... I am glad I got rid of them however, no one wears corduroy anymore.

@Fvaisey:
    No one who's anyone, perhaps. However...
    I sport cords now and then purely to spite those disloyal duds in my closet that outgrew me. >:)

(If that doesn't take care of the Schadenfreude, I suppose I could get 10 cords for $3 at the Salvation Army one size smaller even than the ones I used to wear and pry myself into them....)
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Since I decided that I shouldn't flash everyone by wearing last years shirt that's now entirely too big for me, I decided that I could easily sew the straps shorter, bringing it up higher and then I wouldn't be obscene. So, on a hard core ADHD wave of hyper focus, I immediately began seeing the top.
    Top fits! Forgotten bacon burned.

"Burning the bacon" was bound to turn into an urban dictionary term at some point.

But who'd'a thunk it would be, "Making last year's clothes suitable for a PG audience"?

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    HUGE THANKS TO @Sunny_Bunny_ for keying me back in to the Diabetes/Insulin Resistant Summit series of podcasts going on right now (http://thediabetessummit.com/event) due to me spazzing about a blood lab result. I've found myself HUGELY educated today. I hadn't realized I could fit it all in, and thanks to the ketones for being able to absorb most of it.... SLEEP, folks, sleep...lol.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    HUGE THANKS TO @Sunny_Bunny_ for keying me back in to the Diabetes/Insulin Resistant Summit series of podcasts going on right now (http://thediabetessummit.com/event) due to me spazzing about a blood lab result. I've found myself HUGELY educated today. I hadn't realized I could fit it all in, and thanks to the ketones for being able to absorb most of it.... SLEEP, folks, sleep...lol.

So glad to hear you're finding value in it!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Since I decided that I shouldn't flash everyone by wearing last years shirt that's now entirely too big for me, I decided that I could easily sew the straps shorter, bringing it up higher and then I wouldn't be obscene. So, on a hard core ADHD wave of hyper focus, I immediately began seeing the top.
    Top fits! Forgotten bacon burned.

"Burning the bacon" was bound to turn into an urban dictionary term at some point.

But who'd'a thunk it would be, "Making last year's clothes suitable for a PG audience"?

Lol!
    That's too funny!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    I hate clothes shopping, but I took the opportunity while I was in the city to buy new dress pants for work. I'm confident enough with my weight loss to spend money on clothes that fit me now. It felt amazing to put them on in the dressing room and be able to bend and squat. I really had a hard time believing it...

@RalfLott there was a lot of Corduroy on the shelves. Maybe I should have saved those clothes from 25 years ago after all. lol

Really?!?

Were there bell-bottoms and painter pants, or just cold-weather affairs that rub together when you walk (or used to ;) )? And, um, were you at Neiman Marcus or Sears? Just curious..

PS Congrats!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_, sometimes B12 can help with neuropathy pain in the feet. I use injections, but the sublingual can help some too! Congratulations on the awesome A1C!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    @Sunny_Bunny_, sometimes B12 can help with neuropathy pain in the feet. I use injections, but the sublingual can help some too! Congratulations on the awesome A1C!!

Thank you! I used to take it all the time and had the kids all taking it but I've neglected that for a long time now.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ How wonderful that your daughter is healing and feeling better! Such a relief for her, and you, too!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    NSV today: I was excited to upload progress pics and compare them this time. And I must say, the results were a little mind blowing. Great feeling!

At yoga last night I was able to hold my plank (advanced position - most folks use their knees) while doing core work, for four minutes. I only dropped to my knees for a breath twice. I used to be unable to even do the core work on my knees, and took pregnancy options.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I've been somewhat absent for a while just due to being insanely busy. I still log most of my meals and check in on the news feed, but I haven't had time for groups. I'm literally working one full-time job, one part-time contract job a few hours a week, one part-time PRN job one day a week, starting a home business, and on the books to start taking clients at least one evening a week at another practice. I say that to say this: I'm functioning! I have never in my life been this busy, nor have I ever even imagined being this busy, but I am managing it, pretty effectively if I might say so myself! Where do I find the energy? I have no idea, but I'm sure LCHF has at least a little bit to do with it. :)

Also I have to say, there were 205 new comments on this thread when I popped on here this morning, and I read every single one. You guys are AMAZING! <3
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    nicintime wrote: »
    I got a ticket yesterday. Not good.

I noticed that I am 20 lbs lighter than my drivers license weight. Very good.

I've been lieing on my license for decades.

Can't wait to march down to the DOL in a few months and get a new license just for weight.

I lied on my license too, and I didn't realize it until I was 10 lbs under it. Awesome feeling.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    nicintime wrote: »
    I got a ticket yesterday. Not good.

I noticed that I am 20 lbs lighter than my drivers license weight. Very good.

I've been lieing on my license for decades.

Can't wait to march down to the DOL in a few months and get a new license just for weight.

I lied on my license too, and I didn't realize it until I was 10 lbs under it. Awesome feeling.

I'm so excited to experience this! My license is currently 70lb in the negative, and really close to my goal weight.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I'm able to wear my wide wedding band full time now! Fingers are thinning. :)
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm in a size 10 now!!! I began at a size 24, for reference!! Got me some Levi jeans this last weekend!!

That is *awesome*!!
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm in a size 10 now!!! I began at a size 24, for reference!! Got me some Levi jeans this last weekend!!

I love it when NSV's like this are posted. I started with 26/28 and am aiming for 10/12 ... your post makes it seem doable. Thanks