Daily Check In Thread

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    W6D2 done. It was pretty tough but I completed both run intervals without walking. I think taking 2 extra days off of running helped my knee but made it harder to complete the run. I did do it, though. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take another extra 2 days off before my next run, too. I may elect to repeat today's run then, rather than progressing to day 3, which is 2.25 miles with no walking.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    W6D2 done. It was pretty tough but I completed both run intervals without walking. I think taking 2 extra days off of running helped my knee but made it harder to complete the run. I did do it, though. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take another extra 2 days off before my next run, too. I may elect to repeat today's run then, rather than progressing to day 3, which is 2.25 miles with no walking.
    Way to go! :)
    I was planning to run tonight, but git too tired. Did and abs class in the morning, cleaned the house, and did an hour and a half of gardening... Running is postponed till tomorrow! :)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    A little MFP - UA Sponsored Blog about Squeezing a Run into life's hectic schedule.
  • Aine8046
    Week 4 Day 3 run is done! Nice easy run in perfect weather! :)
    Week 5 is ahead :)
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Finished W8D1 this morning before work. Weird to think in a few days I'll be completing an exercise plan that once seemed impossible, but it gets easier everyday. I frankly can't believe I can run 28 mins without stopping and will soon be able to run a while 5k. Now to just keep it up and work on lowering my time
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    edited April 2016
    W5D2 is done! Took a week off from D1 to D2, lol, but got back on track today. 9:35/9:48 splits. Now on to the dreaded W5D3!!
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Finished Wk3 today! Too hot and humid and yucky outside by 10 am in Texas.
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Finished W6D3 yesterday. I'm going by time, and not by distance. Completed the 22 minute run. My calves were hurting towards the end, but I reminded myself that I had completed a 20 minute run before, and this was only two more minutes. I finished without walking.
  • cwolfgram
    cwolfgram Posts: 105 Member
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    cwolfgram wrote: »
    Completed W6D2 today at my turtle pace. No more intervals until B210K.

I like your attitude - already looking at b210k! :)

I have too. :blush: I'm a turtle. It'll take me that hour of running just to complete my 5K. OK, probably not that long. But I'm currently at 1.8-1.9 miles, including warm-up and cool-down.
  • PantoneRed
    PantoneRed Posts: 40 Member
    Newbie here! Wk1D1 done! I love that you post the scenery of your run Aine8046. I so wish I had a country road to run.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Finished w4d2 today. I love being able to run those five-minute stretches. My t-shirt was especially soaked today when I was done. (It may be time to look into wicking fabric LOL)
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    W1 D2 done! It felt great!!! I can't wait to get to the W4/5 area!!!! So exciting. Love seeing everyones progress!
  • EmmaHardy17
    EmmaHardy17 Posts: 4 Member
    Just finished week 1 day 1 today! Still a newbie haha
  • inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    I started week 3 yesterday :smile:
  • Aine8046
    sbl1881 wrote: »
    W5D2 is done! Took a week off from D1 to D2, lol, but got back on track today. 9:35/9:48 splits. Now on to the dreaded W5D3!!

Nice!
  • Aine8046
    cwolfgram wrote: »
    Finished W6D3 yesterday. I'm going by time, and not by distance. Completed the 22 minute run. My calves were hurting towards the end, but I reminded myself that I had completed a 20 minute run before, and this was only two more minutes. I finished without walking.

Congrats! Only two weeks left before graduation! :)
  • Aine8046
    Finished Wk3 today! Too hot and humid and yucky outside by 10 am in Texas.

Hate running in the summer! Luckily we do not have that many hot days, but still... I switchto treadmill in August. ..
  • Aine8046
    PantoneRed wrote: »
    Newbie here! Wk1D1 done! I love that you post the scenery of your run Aine8046. I so wish I had a country road to run.

Thanks! My phone caera is pretty bad, but i like taking a picture or two for memories. :)
    Welc i ne to the group and good luck on this joutney! It will be fun!
  • Aine8046
    Week5 Day1 is done. Not a great run after a long day at wark. But i did it!
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    I did W4D1 yesterday. I'm not sure if all the C25K apps are the same but mine was: warm up walk 5 min, R3W2, R4W3, R4W3, R3W2, cool down walk 5 min. While I do remember running 1 minute being tough, this run was by far the hardest for me yet. My lungs were on fire and mentally I struggled against the "I can't do this". I'm proud I kept going though. Day 2 and 3 this week is the same with the middle two runs being FIVE minutes each.
    Anyone else struggle at this week? I'm trying to psych myself up for the dreaded week 5!