Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    That's great, totaldetermination. Willpower is such a mental game, and you've proven to yourself that you can do it!
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I must remember how full I can feel with protein and to add it in to every meal. It truly helps with satiation.

I agree with you. Protein seems to stay with you and help you feel satisfied longer. That is why I hit protein so hard even though most runners are carbaholics.

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    gr33nslime wrote: »
    I'm in a fitness challenge and this week we are focusing on protein. I am proud that I not only hit, but exceeded my 30% goal yesterday! I must remember how full I can feel with protein and to add it in to every meal. It truly helps with satiation.

I'm also proud that even though my eating hasn't been spot on the last week, I have remained fairly active. Activity keeps me happy. And happy me doesn't want to binge as often.

Nice work on reaching the 30% goal. What is this fitness challenge that you speak of? Am interested!

Thank you! I've been in a long running Hunger Games themed challenge here on MFP for a while now. We are in the 3rd installment, the Mockingjay part now. I would extend an invite but it's nearly through at this point.

I know we're all going to be really sad when it's over, and I'm sure some of us will want to create a new challenge at that point. I can certainly extend you an invitation if you're interested!
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Had 1 bowl ice cream yesterday after race. Did not have 2 bowls, or a half gallon
  • gr33nslime
    gr33nslime Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Im proud because i resisted the home baked chocolate brownie that appeared at work at morning tea - and then hung around till lunch time. Just said no!
  • everythingsweet
    everythingsweet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud of commiting myself to follow my healthy meal plan, instead of restricting and skipping breakfast because I binged a few days prior.

I am also proud of breaking the binge cycle last night and distracting myself when I had strong urges! It will only get easier from here :)
  • everythingsweet
    everythingsweet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dennis4766 wrote: »
    Had 1 bowl ice cream yesterday after race. Did not have 2 bowls, or a half gallon

Good job! I'd love to get to that place, when I can handle eating treats in moderation. Also congrats on the race!
  • Dennis4766
    Options
    Good job! I'd love to get to that place, when I can handle eating treats in moderation. Also congrats on the race!

Thank you! Keep in touch with the group. We've all been through or are going through the entire spectrum of the eating disorders. Mine actually began when I was 17 which looks close to your age now.

Update on weighing: About a month ago, I began weighing self in order to hold myself accountable. (I had quit weighing due to my drive to keep losing weight) The accountability of a morning weigh-in put a quick stop to the night eating. The only times I lost control were days I traveled all day, didnt have access to my normal diet (mostly veggies) and I got home late, was starving and ate a ridiculous amount afterwards.

Interesting in that I got away from weighing after a particularly bad day, and was afraid to step back on scales. And for the next couple days, I overate, and ate at night again. So I vowed to step back on the scales and accept the consequences. And once again, the accountability of a morning weigh-in stopped me from mindless night eating again last night. It is such a relief! My primary 2 goals right now are stop night-eating and stop binging. And I have found that daily weigh-ins help with self-control.

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud that I'm slowly climbing out of that dark binge hellhole that I've been in for a couple of months.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for owning up to my recent failures and reflecting on how I can get back to a healthier mindset and behaviors. I am carrying my thought journal around again to start exercising my mind instead of burying my stress and emotions with food. I can do this.
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Went to an all you can eat buffet for lunch with coworkers. Made just one trip to the buffet and tracked it all when i got back to work.
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Tracked my entire day after overeating at a cookout yesterday. Determined to take that awareness with me today and do better.
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for avoiding my daughters leftover pizza in the fridge. First time ever!
  • julestar777
    julestar777 Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Awesome and loved this post thanks! It's such a better way to look at things and my husband is saying this all the time, look at what you have achieved. Really loved reading everyone's accomplishments. Fantastic work! Your giving me hope and inspiration! : )
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Well, it was last night, really, but here goes: Every weekend, especially Saturday, I am miserable. I used to have places to go and fun things to do (loved going dancing). I would go out every weekend now and let the young people stare at the crazy old lady on the dance floor, but there is nowhere to go anymore.

So yesterday I wanted to drown my sorrows in alcohol, cupcakes, and video games. But I threw on some make-up (almost never wear the stuff) collected a list of errands for my family, did those, then walked the mall because it was raining out, and when Mom called to tell me she was going to have a drink (she does about once every three months) I declined to pick up a bottle on the way home and join her.

Still though, my weekend resist the binge adventures do need to get spiced up. Walking the mall? I can do better. Next weekend I'm out of town, after that, I have got to find something better (but still cheap or free) to do!

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself because this is the 4th day in a row that I have not had wine. I usually can't go more than a day without having a glass or more.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Hello old thread. I'm here to check back in with myself and you all in a positive way.

Today I am proud of myself for beating a morning breakfast habit that was not so healthy for me. I am even more proud that I did this with positive instead of negative self-talk. Yay me!
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    I love this thread! Today I'm proud of myself for still checking into MFP, even if I'm not logging much anymore
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of my self for not self sabatoging despite seeing a gain on the scale!
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for listening to my body and stopping when I was comfortably satiated during a great meal last night. I could have kept on munching, but I knew that nothing was to be gained from it (besides a guilty conscience) and I feel much better this morning than I would have if I had let the binge overcome me. One meal, one day at a time, I can treat my body the way it deserves.