Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for not giving up after Saturday's binge, and forcing myself back into the habit of prepping my meals and choosing healthy options even though my heart isn't in it quite as much as it was last month- I'm learning to stay determined and disciplined even if my motivation is lacking.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    Today I'm proud of myself for not giving up after Saturday's binge, and forcing myself back into the habit of prepping my meals and choosing healthy options even though my heart isn't in it quite as much as it was last month- I'm learning to stay determined and disciplined even if my motivation is lacking.

Love this, @Moxie42! For me, determination and decision - that's the real thing. Motivation is a trick of the mind. LOL
  • Moxie42
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss- Thanks! You're actually the one that got me thinking about the difference between motivation and determination, and thinking about it that way has been a HUGE help! Relying on motivation is a way to almost guarantee failure, at least for me.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @Moxie42 - I owe that who discussion to a friend who's no longer on MFP - but as you probably read, that was a life-changing mindshift for me, too. :) I think hormones alone should preclude us from ever depending on motivation! LOL
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Omg that is all too true, LMFAO!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for sticking to my fitbit goal yesterday. Walking in place at 10 p.m. may look silly, but it got the job done!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for actually food prepping last night, despite a disgruntled SO, so that I didn't have to WING IT and worry about sticking with my food plan today! LOL
  • tsquaredmama
    tsquaredmama Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for getting my meals prepped and for restarting C25k so that I can begin incorporating running again.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for a very active weekend. Even though I didn't do any purposeful exercise, I reached and exceeded my step goal and stayed within my calorie goal both days. This is a pretty big deal for a weekend. I am coming into this week very motivated and ready to kick more butt!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for planning an exercise (walk) time AND actually following through with it
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for sticking to my gym plan yesterday even though I hate going in the evening because it's so crowded. It was extremely crowded and basically a sausage fest, but I got my lifting done and I'm glad I did it. I'm also proud of myself for listening to my 5 a.m. alarm this morning and completing my Tuesday morning cardio. Gotta admit I was asleep for the first half of the class but I got it done :lol:
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for prepping my work week breakfasts AND for planning out my workouts for the next two weeks.

I'm trying to plan as much as possible so there are no excuses to not succeed. Fast food mornings? Nope. Got my overnight oats. Not sure what to do for a workout today? Liar. You have exactly what you need on your calendar. No excuses. Get it done and feel good about it. :drinker:
  • CrescentVolf
    CrescentVolf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for even attempting to log my binge. It's hard to see that many calories at once but I need to see it to make better choices...
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for dismissing urges to binge.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for sticking to my guns this week and banking calories for social events. I know I can safely indulge without going over my weekly deficit limit and I know I can resist the urge to go off the deep end. Hello weekend. I'm ready for you.
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud that even though I am super sore from restarting weight training, I still lifted weights. I just really hope that I can get my eating under control. Going to work hard on this.
  • ErikaGetsHealthy
    ErikaGetsHealthy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Today I am proud of myself for making a quick recovery after last night's binge. I'm back to eating healthy foods in healthy portion sizes today ;)
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for sticking to my goal of a workout yesterday. I also hit all three of my goals for Move, Stand, and Exercise :)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for getting back on track!