Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Oh Buzz my prayers are with you. Hope mike improved yesterday sounded so ood. now this.
    Be Strong dear one.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I finished my week of radiation with no problems. I have an ultrasound on my feet next week to see if that is affected as well. Fingers crossed. Otherwise back for another 5 treatments in September.

I've been trying my best to get in 10,000 steps everyday. I'm doing pretty good but it is a challenge as my feet do bother me somewhat.

No word yet on my appt with a Rhuematologist for my possible lupus diagnosis. Actually I've been feeling pretty good - well beyond the usual but better than I was a month ago. The cream for my hand that I use after radiation has been doing good on the rash on my face. LOL. Whatever works.

Barbie and Jack - good luck.

Marie - you have a great attitude.

Got to run.

Cheers to all,

Jeri

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Phoebe here is a link to what looks like a good veggies chowderI just may have to make it.
    https://www.facebook.com/forksoverknives/videos/10153762733549353/
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I've had a nice lazy day.
    Jeri, does the cream help your hands too? Does radiation still feel like sunburn? You have a good sense of humor. I don't know how you manage 10000 steps. My foot hurts at about 1/2 block. Then I limp.
    Buzz, you and Mike are in my prayers. That pneumonia is tricky, I'm sure you know that. Hopefully Mike will be fit and feeling better than he has in a while. I wonder if his new medication is affecting him.
    Marie, I understand, sometimes it takes more than youve got just getting through the day. I can tell you are happy to have another day with your sweetheart, come what may.
    Lin, I ordered the blending pencils and look forward to trying them. I finally remembered to order thimbles. I wanted metal ones, kept forgetting to get them.
    I'm watching a movie I've never seen called 'Emma'. It's not a Jane Austen adaptation. This one is from 1932 and stars Marie Dressler.
    Shirley, do you get to see Isaac in between cruises? I figure youll say absolutely to that question.
    Hugs to all the Sneakers and pups.
    Phoebe
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody, it's summertime and I wish with all my heart that all our sick friends soon feel better, and the ones who care for them soon find relief and peace as they recover.
    We've just done our morning routine. Brekky in the garden, washed and dressed and a nice long walk to bark, sniff, and greet other dogs. Jilly, not me I hasten to add, then water the poor parched earth, grass, and flowers, Jilly very wet in the process. She's a WATER dog for sure.
    Now in, Jilly collapsed on the sofa, me wondering what chore to tackle first in the lull. She is definitely improving in the pee poop dept. since we got rid of the harness for a big girl collar. She's had all her shots as well PATSY except for a booster next week. The jury is still out on spaying. Good and bad reports so not sure. Apparently females can develop loss of bladder control later and Janice, one of our new friends, confirmed this by saying she can only leave 8 year old Amy for 1 hour at the most. Said she'd never heard of this before, but I've read about it. Not sure what to do, tend to think - don't muck around with nature. Male dogs yes. Of course the vet is recommending I have it done forthwith.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) Last day in paradise. We are relaxing this morning to the sound of pounding and sawing on the roof. They are having solar electricity installed for their house and the panels are being installed. We are going to the mall this afternoon before heading to the airport. Kristy is having her church group over this evening so we are going to airport early so she can be ready.

We have had a wonderfu, time but I am ready to go home and see Robby! Miss that little guy!

Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Phoebe- I don't know if we will see Isaac on this sailing cruise, kathy would have to bring him to the club where we are docked. It would be nice I miss him so much. We will see him when we go up to the cottage on July 11th so until then I will have to wait.
    :(

I am packing right now and finished getting the last bits of food for the boat to take. The weather here is great so far and very little humidity. :) I have a hair apt. tomorrow and then we will pack up the car
    and go. Dave got his new bike yesterday, one of those rental bikes and its only a year old. He will take
    both bikes down to the boat today and get them on the boat for us to ride when we are away.

Buzz - thinking of you and Mike, here's hoping he starts to feel better. Remember to care for yourself too.

Sandy - Safe travels home and seeing little Robby.

Jeri - It good to hear your radiation treatments went well. I hope your cream helps with the healing.

Marie - So sorry to hear that Jerry is having memory troubles, I hope you can get help from Alice
    when you need it.

Anne - Jilly is finally on the road to potty training, it will be less of a mess to clean up in the future. o:)

Well I better get back to packing.

Shirley
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Good grief! Am I the only one having MFP problems? Well, this seems to be working right now...so hello to all! My heart felt concern for dearest Buzz and her handsome Mike. These are worrisome times for you both I know. We are thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.

My little logo design didn't come up on the forum so I will have John help me with it when he comes back from his errands (hardware store for carpenter ant control!). Anne, our puppies give us great companionship and concern. I am filled with anxiety about every decision I make concerning health, just like I did with our children. I have no confidence in my ability to raise a radish, much less a child or a puppy.

Off to fold laundry and Mail a card to a friend. Yes, I still use the post office. I am old school on a lot of things. I don't have Facebook.
    Patsy

• lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    We could make things clear I am not leaving the group it's a work thing I'm going One group homes to another just dentistry the problem is I have to work two weeks straight because of changing weeks it's complicated but I'll make it I always do it's really sad the work that I do I love it love it love it but the pay is very poor do you have to work a lot of overtime just made my bills I mean it's really sad that I take care of such precious people and they paid me so little but all the places that up words in this field I'll pay about the same and that this company pays more than most and I'm only getting $10.88 an hour which is not a whole lot but God takes care of me and always may do the good part is I get really good insurance and I don't have to pay that much for it I think up a round $60 a month which is pretty good for what I make and so I've been able to take care of my medical needs OI always at medical bills I just got through last year haven't three surgeries I had a needA knee replaced and then I had to have two back surgeries in the last surgery was due to MRSA But now I'm doing pretty good my goal was to have no surgeries this year and now I'm doing pretty good with my new knee and my back I'm having to do back injections because they found another place that I need surgery but that's not going to have any time soon so I just found out that one of my little client here sisters coming from out of town and it's very picky which they should be but it's my last day so I was like oh my gosh not on my last day but that's OK I'll make it I would about these guys take care of so it's gonna be hard the next week or so to learn about the new house but it's going to be a lot easier lot easier on my bones and not so much stress so that's good and yes I do work a lot of hours I have to but here we work 80 hours then we sleep it in the overnight for seven days and we're supposed to be for seven days so we do two weeks in one week so he gets crazy but oh well is going to be a ball next week but you guys are great I like I can hear hope you have me stay and talk to you tomorrow bye
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that there is some big typos in my last message I'm on my phone so sometimes I get carried away and the texting part of it is gone hard time with my fingers get in the way LOL
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Hello sneakers. I'm getting ready to visit my hair salon for what I might be tempted to have.... a short back and sides because at the moment I'm struggling to keep it under control during walks on the moors and spend all my time pushing it away from my face and eyes. Of course Wimbledon is taking up some of my time but the weather here isn't great so I don't need excuses to sit and watch!! Dear Buzz you're both in my heart and thoughts so do please take care of yourselves and draw strength from all those wonderful friends surrounding you.
    We couldn't make up what's happening in our UK politics and I'm fascinated by it all. No doubt they'll all get back to being grown up soon!!
    Hopefully back later today.
    Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    edited June 2016
    Options
    JACKIE Don't bet on it, the politicians I mean! Napoleon said, "men in general are great children". Spot on. But isn't it fascinating reading. I've just read Boris isn't trying for Cameron's job.
    My solution to wild hair, just let it grow and haul it back with a ribbon. Not exactly well groomed, but then I'm the less than immaculate dog lady now.
    Anne.
    PS. Just read on BBC news why the Germans still love the UK. The same reasons I do! It would be tragic if the UK changed!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the hairdresser and waiting for Dave to come home, then pack the car and off we go to the sailing club and out on Lake Ontario. I will have my tablet with me and try to keep up.
    Thinking of you all!

Shirley
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Howdy sneakers! Great day here but it is cloudy and a bit misty. That will burn off later this afternoon I hear. Anne: just for fun I noodled around to put together a couple of logos for your TULPO society. John has been busy with is carpenter ant problem. I can only get this little picture on the iPad to show you. I did have fun doing it in the evening when I wais too pooped to do anything useful around my dirty house.mmhowever when John finishes with the extermination of these evil big black ants, I will show you my other design. It is fun to think of silly designs on tee shirts and ball caps. Odd about MFP. It will not let me correct anything! Weird!

Our son should be sailing into Astoria soon, on his way to Portland. I think the weather has been pretty good for him.

Stay well, everyone. We need all of you.
    Patsy
  • oystereyes
    Options
    8yusrbvuwpk9.jpeg
    As you can see, we need John's expert computer skills. The other little ditty just will not come out of the computer onto the iPad. Arrrrrrgh!
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    PATSY, I LOVE it. I will try and transport it to my photo album page and take it from there. Thank you, thank you for taking the time in making my day. I'm hoping I can somehow use it on a tee and flaunt it in front of one rather haughty lady who's puppy is far better trained than mine. Bet she will be green with envy knowing she can never join our exclusive club!
    Anne, proud TULPO member.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ from me and the Jilly Bean.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,107 Member
    Options
    Love it Patsy!!! It's been years since I had a dog but I can definitely relate!! Great work.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hi Sneakers! Honey's knee surgery went well. She will spend the night, staying medicated for pain relief. She comes home tomorrow and then the fun begins. Her therapy includes walking for 10-15 minutes 3 times per day. Plus physical therapy and I'm the therapist. I didn't know that there would be ice packs too. I've got her a pair of slipper socks for traction on our floors, if I can get her to wear them.
    Patsy, the logo is pretty. You know, I think one of the craft places has an iron on transfer that can be put into your computer and printed on. Then you iron it onto whatever. So everyone can just copy the photo and store on their own computers.
    Got my thimbles, blending pencils, and new meter for Jim's glucose testing in the mail. Have you diabetics ever had a meter test fail the control solution test? This meter failed and they said it is the wrong control solution. They are sending the right kind and then I test again.
    Shirley, have a wonderful glorious time as the first mate and bottle washer ;-)
    Tomorrow is a busy day for me.
    1.) Drop Chalky at the low cost pet clinic for neuter and vaccination etc. At 7:30AM!!!!
    2.) Make return to Bjs club.
    3.) Pick up Jim, who is leaving his pick up at the detailer.
    4.) Pick up Honey.
    5.) Pick up Chalky
    6.) Pick up my car, currently at the dealer for services.
    7.) Drop my car at the detailer, where hopefully, Jim's pick up will be ready and he can pick me up! Or wait, I can drive his pick up and pick him up and he can drop me off at the detailer when my car is ready.
    8.). :#
    Hoping to hear from Buzz, Barbie and Marie today.
    Hugs to all.
    Phoebe
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,060 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! :) Had a wonderful time in Florida but it is always great to be home. I was going to go see Robby but decided to do laundry, pay bills and get myself organized for the holiday weekend. I am going there tomorrow for dinner and will watch him for a couple of hours while his mom and dad go to meetings. I got Robby a little baseball type hat and hopes he wears it!!
    I will catch up with everyone tomorrow but will leave you with a couple of pictures from our vacation. Enjoy!!
    eh6govqsgfmv.jpg
    mdufmc6gebbi.jpg
    stthg2oxylyv.jpg
    ymu12q4e8mhf.jpg
    642wh6qlfg7w.gif

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Wow Sandy how did you get your aerial photo to move like that? I felt for a second I was going to fall off the table!! LOL Great photos and lovely family. Welcome home lovey!

Patsy ~ Clever girl.... That design is adorable and so very obviously created by a pet lover! The art nouveau style is a favourite of mine, not that I've ever dressed in long flowing gowns and worn my hair in flowing locks tied in daisy chains!! I'm going to find a way to get it on to a t-shirt so thank you. <3

Anne ~ Yes Boris has gone.... probably very aware the knives were out for him!! Not sure the country is ready for another female PM after our experiences with Maggie but what will be will be. Dear old Napolean.... if only he'd stuck to coming up with such insightful comments rather than inflicting his armies on so many!! Not wishing to stick my nose in but in the UK the general consensus regarding spaying dogs is that a *kitten* should be allowed to go through one season then have the operation because it apparently reduces the higher risk of cancers in that area in later life, much as it does with dogs being neutered. It's a big operation of course but at least you don't then have to worry about her running off to meet up with a boyfriend or the long line of dogs at your door at certain times of year!! Food for thought!

Phoebe ~ I'm exhausted just reading your plan of action and sounds like you'll be very busy with Honey's rehabilitation but it'll all be worth it in the end. Don't get in too much of a spin with all that back and forth movement!

My hair is feeling more manageable tonight although I did have to take my scissors to a few wayward strands when I got home from the appointment! The exercise bike has been wheeled out for the first time in months because my leg muscles have been complaining and very painful and I'm thinking I need to build up strength that was lost last year during my treatment. Only managed two 5 minute sessions but will build up gradually rather than make things worse.

Time for bed!
    Jackie