Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,189 Member
    Options
    Good evening. Whether I use my iPad or my laptop I am not having the text wrapping issues. Just while on either side of the page although I do have ads top and bottom of the page. Side bar ads and ads in between posts and near the top of the page on the home page.

I did a bit of laundry today, ran a couple of errands and spent the rest of the day cooking. I learned a bit about my new food processor and I am already in love with it although I used it like a rank amateur today I can see things will get better soon.

Tomorrow I am picking up some tricolor peppers (the store is holding a bag of them for me) and I have to decide if I am going to make anything new for myself to take along for Thanksgiving. I have cranberry/orange relish made. I like to make little batches for myself as I really like cranberries in season. Anyway, I am. It sure I want to spend another entire day cooking and prepping food.

Well, time to get get up again. I actually fell going up the stairs this morning. Not serious but I should have learned that I cannot pick up the pace these days and try to run up the steps. My knee and leg said NO!! Just crumpled on the carpet. Took a little hit to my shoulder and my wrist but it was on carpet. I keep moving around though as I want no possibility of that knee getting stiff If I can help it.

Hugs to you my friends. I hope you can read my post.

Safe travels Shirley.

Happy babysitting Sandy.

Glad you'll be home for a while Phoebe. Oh yes, football. That's all that will be on TV at my friends' house on Thanksgiving. I of course would love a Walton's marathon or something. Ha. Seeing friends is worth it.

Take care Marie and I am glad you found things you like at the store Hey, I need to get a haircut but didn't call for an appointment today so I'll probably wait until next week.

Patsy, do you belong to any of the Instant Pot groups on Facebook? Just wondered. There seem to be a number of them.

Hi Anne and Jackie....and Jeri and Jackie....and Marcella and Phyllis.....and Barbie and Diane.....and Gayla and Buzz....and all other dear Sneakers. My brain blanks out!!!!

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :) I think the problem with the pictures making the page extra wide is a problem on internet explorer. When I use Google Chrome I don't have that problem.

:) The nerve conduction test on Friday took a long time. It included a talk with the doctor who asked questions about my symptoms and had me stand, bend, twist, and balance on one foot. Then I took off pants, socks, and shoes and put on a hospital gown so he could do tests on my legs that included pin pricks, something that felt like light electric shocks, and pricks that he likened to the needles for acupuncture. Nothing was too painful, it just took a long time and I didn't know what to expect. He said that there are some nerves in my legs that aren't functioning right and many nerves that are OK....my muscles are also functioning well. He'll send the report to my primary care doctor. I have an appointment with her next Friday.

:) After the appointment we went to a late lunch at Red Lobster and declared that our festive holiday meal. On Monday at the grocery store we saw a "tofurky" roast stuffed with wild rice and bought that to eat on Thanksgiving. There are no movies at the theatre that we want to see so we'll have a video festival at home.

<3 Barbie

pv114g2woqin.jpg

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Things seem to be back to normal now as far as the text box. Yea! I went to the dr. Today to look at my foot again. The diabetic ulcer opened back up a tiny bit. Even a tiny bit is a huge concern. I go from one new age medicine to the next. The wound shrinks the opens up again. New medicine and off we go again. No visible infection at all. Nothing in the cultures. This wound is about the size of a grain of rice. Maybe even a bit smaller but I have been dealing with it for 2 years. Sometimes it is deep and sometimes it almost disappears.

Aside from the distressing problem on my foot, I am ready for a nice relaxing thanksgiving. Friday we take our amazing Mazzy, the sheepdog, to the vet to look at a weird bump on her neck. It looks like an abscess of some kind regarding a hair follicle or sweat gland. She is such a deva, I am sure it will be unusual and very expensive. It is fortunate that we are crazy about our dogs.

I will skip the exercises tonight. The dr. did some scraping on the wound so I am watching tv with my foot up on the footstool.

Cold and sunny here.
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    ANNE, JACKIE, MARIE, and fellow sufferers; First thing tonight, I join our forum, up come your posts and I have to click the arrow left to read in one continuous line! Also the zoom looks funny, so I click on "View", where my zoom has zoomed to 120. I turned it back to 100, and skimming down, I saw something called "Style". Set on default. I know nothing about it , but figured I have nothing to lose so I change it to "no style" and return to site. Voila! No extended lines! I hope it stays that way! I don't understand how or why it changed in the first place but perhaps it will help you and others with this problem??? The format is slightly different but easier to read, too!

SANDY, Thanksgiving meals or not, you always look terrific! Since weighing in Friday won't change the facts, anyway, let everyone do as they please and feel OK about it! Hope Robby's cold or nose stops dripping, poor baby!

PHOEBE, happy that you will be finding more "you" time and closer to home time for awhile! I know you'll enjoy it!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Y' ALL
    1743559nazpu6t345.gif

<3 Buzz
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Cold and snowy here today. Stayed home. I got my instant pot pressure cooker and made my first meal with it. Beef Stew. Turned out better than I hoped. Not sure what I'll make next.

Most of you are getting ready for American thanksgiving. We certainly enjoyed the holiday too when we lived in Denver many years ago. As I am hosting Christmas this year (20 of us)!I am enjoying the ideas and recipes on the various web pages. It is always a challenge to make a big meal as we have fo many allergies and food intolerances. Besides celiac disease and anaphylactic reactions to milk, eggs, nuts, etc one of our group has MS and is now eating basically Paleo, no soy of any kind, no legumes and very little sugar. That will present a challenge when it comes to make our traditional turkey dressing. The margarine I use has soy lecithin in it there is a version without dot but it has pea protein. Hmmmmm. I can work around most of everything else I think.

Here's my beef stew

gr8w2lijc2td.jpeg

Hugs to all

Jeri
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Whoa, Jeri's bowl of beef stew is sooooo big on my screen I nearly fell into it!!!!!!!! Gorgeous Jeri!
    Am going to see if I can follow Buzz's instructions to get back to normal pages.... wish me luck!!
    Jackie
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    The picture of the beef stew made me want to show up at Jeri's house and ask for some!

Well, I've had my 1st cup of morning coffee. So I guess it's time to get started on the day's laundry, cleaning and food prep for tomorrow's Thanksgiving meal.
    Marcella
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Your stew looks exactly like mine JERI and the picture is HUGE on my iPad as well. I finished my stew yesterday, which is a pity after viewing yours and fancying it yet again! The only difference, mine was chicken. Do you make dumplings to simmer in it?

I watched a programme on the pilgrim fathers and the Mayflower last night and it reminded me that the true pilgrim fathers (others joined them) started life in Yorkshire, my home county in the British isles. You never know maybe some of my DNA is floating around the USA!

And on that note I wish you all a truly wonderful thanksgiving tomorrow. Don't work too hard preparing for it today, now!
    Anne

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Jeri your stew looks good enough to to eat.. I almost wish I had one but not really for I donot want to cook. My little crock pot will do all the cooking I plan on doing. But I did almost buy one once. But could nor get it off the shelf and of course no one was ad round. But in all it was just as well For as time roll around I do less and less cooking. but going to check out gluten free beef stew and see what find.

I had a nose bleed early this morning but all dry up now. But pretty scary at the

See you all later.
    <3 marie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I Thought I posted here but do not see it.
    Jeri made me hungry for beef stew hers looks so good. Found me a crock pot Gluten free recipe . Jerry and I will try to make it in my small crock pot it uses for a thicken agent. After the holiday.

<3 marie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)Jeri, after reading about your challenges in feeding your family for the holiday, I thought you'd enjoy this video. I may have shared it before, but it bears repeating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX9EAavxrus
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :) With the sun shining and rain in the forecast, I might put up my Christmas lights on my balcony. Might be the key word!!! I am going to bingo tonight since I can stay out a little later and sleep in tomorrow. Our dinner reservations are at 3:00, so I have the morning to myself.

Barbie, I loved that video and it certainly does sound like Jeri's dinner. LOL That was some test you had done, the little electric shocks sound painful. I hope they get to the bottom of what is causing this. You are a trouper and I know you just take it one day at a time.

Marie, sorry to hear you had a nose bleed, I hope all is well now. Jerry is certainly a keeper, he sounds like a great man.

Anne, I think some of our DNA is floating all over the world, no one stayed in one place in those early years. Chicken stew sounds good, might have to try that.

Marcella, don't wear yourself out so that you can't enjoy your own dinner tomorrow.

Jackie, are you having the same problem on Chrome??

Jeri, your stew does indeed look delicious, I was impressed with how mine came out in the crock pot. Good luck with dinner tomorrow, make sure you watch Barbie's video for a good laugh.

Buzz, I hope your problem is fixed with MFP, it is frustrating when things don't go well.
    They said Robby is feeling better today and with his mom being home until Monday, I am sure he will be smothered in love and care.

Patsy, sorry about your foot, you have to be so careful with diabetes and wounds. Poor Mazzy, hopefully it is just a fatty tumor which is quite common. Daisy is being groomed in a portable grooming truck this morning. Our regular groomer started a new business and since Daisy loves her so much, Babe is letting her do her in her truck. I am sure Daisy is confused.

Lin, I do hope you didn't injure anything with that fall, how are you feeling this morning?

Phoebe, so am I understanding that you took the incentive for working on Thanksgiving and they will pay you extra but they don't have a load for you? Sounds great if that is true.
    Or do you get paid by the load? I think going to your Aunt and having dinner with her is better than cooking, sounds like a plan to me.

Have a wonderful day and don't work too hard cooking that turkey.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    No Sandy, for us it is 'No Go, No Pay'. That's OK, we are working right now. They call it local, but it is to Tenn and back. It will pay enough to cover our insurance premiums.
    Marie, I've had some nose bleeding too. I think it's too dry. Don't know about there in Texas.
    Lin, hope you aren't too sore, the feeling of being unsure of one's support is frustrating. Jim's knee failed and caused his fall, still recovering from that.
    I forgot that my aunt is going with a group to a nearby church for Thanksgiving day dinner. I don't want her to cancel that. Jim says we can go out or have spiral sliced ham. Ha, that's what HE wants. I don't. I really just want cornbread dressing and green beans, sweet potatoes. I'm making myself hungry! Working today, better go. Thank Barbie for update.
    Phoebe
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    Barbie - that video is perfect!!!!!

Jeri
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,189 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how but the day just sped by. I did cook a couple of different vegetables and chopped up a big salad today. Otherwise, I just worked through emails and have made my way through most of a mystery. I may finish it this evening. Still up and around so that is good.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Enjoy your day whatever you have planned.

Hugs.

Lin
  • barbiecat
    Options
    1758406dvzfbvkbgp.gif
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Phoebe - You just listed everything I will be serving tomorrow. Turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole and cornbread dressing. Of course it will be served with turkey gravy, cranberry sauce and deviled eggs. I will only be eating a little of each.
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Marcella
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    1587725pgrg7w67pq.gif

That's what the Sneakers are to me. I am so thankful for every one of you.

Happy Thanksgiving
    Phoebe
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I had to change "style" again but it does change the format. Otherwise, I could not have read PHOEBE's post, which was all on ONE line!
    We had an incredible interfaith Thanksgiving service tonight, and it gave me hope for the world being a better place!
    1738459l4aazuxfb4.gif
    <3 Buzz