Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,364 Member
    Good morning. So incredibly happy to see Buzz was able to visit. ❤️❤️❤️

Jackie, oh my goodness. We all need a Peter the Oven man. I have never seen such a clean oven. Now, will,you use it? Or keep it spotless.

Anne, after you have your oven cleaned, ship him down my way. 😂

I am going to stand in the shower for a good long time. I have some aching body parts and good warm water may help.

Hugs and all best wishes. ❤️

Lin
  • linder4866
    Saturday teapot. With a nice little blurb by the person who posted the photo.

“Another new arrival for my collection and another quirky contemporary teapot. This quaint little pot was made by Heron Cross Pottery, Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent. The pattern is Toile de Jouy. I loved the design so much that I also purchased a chamber pot in the same pattern (I was amazed that chamber pots are still being made!)”

g3hzqenj6qs1.jpeg

❤️❤️
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    I'm sure Peter would love to pop across the pond so long as he could bring his partner, 6 year old and new baby girl.... yes I heard all about them while he scrubbed! You think the outside clean, look inside!
    wiypn4o0pljq.jpg

I'm going to admire it for a while before using. 😁
    Time for my lunch so back later.
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Oh my Gawd! GREEN with envy! How about a whip around SNEAKERS to bring them over.!
    Anne. 🤢
  • linder4866
    Oh my, me too! 💚💚💚💚💚

Excellent job indeed.

Lin
  • linder4866
    edited June 2020
    Looking for something to watch? Peter Pan. (I’m flying......)

https://youtu.be/rUun-2hatcY

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Good morning everyone! A marine layer is hiding our skies. I read yesterday we were to have showers today. It is very muggy right now so I am sure the rain clouds are gathering. But this next week is total sun, with a few clouds here and there. Near perfect summer weather.

Jackie that oven looks brand new. What an incredible job your oven cleaner did. He must be one of those perfectionist Workman. A rare and wonderful person, to be sure.

Buzz my dear friend. How lovely to have you drop in. As you can plainly see, we miss you dear friend and think of you constantly.

Lin, I have to cut down on coffee because it is causing heartburn and indigestion. So I have brought out my trusty Brown Betty tea pot. I even have a cute teapot cozy. I am drinking herbal tea until this irritated stomach is just an unpleasant memory.

Anne, I am in charge of the father’s day plans and he requests his beloved fresh salmon.
    For dinner I will bake a huge salmon fillet. My oven will be even messier than it is currently. Leftovers for salmon salad or quiche. The oven will be ready for a total scrubbing. Bleck!

Just announced here...only online school programs and lessons until there is a vaccine. Our school budgets have been slashed. Anticipated no school this fall and winter. Maybe in the spring...maybe... interesting development. Some educators are thinking the kids are getting better education online. No bullying or unhealthy competition. Even the tiny kids are getting to be experts on the computer. But the social interaction is very important. How can that happen? I am astonished but concerned for our little ones.
    Patsy☘️
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,272 Member
    Happy Saturday! :) Movie night was fun, it was great seeing Lisa's parents. The movie was Croods and it was cute, kids movies are always fun. It is going to be hot with a possible thunderstorm so I will just stay in and ride my bike. If I see Joe (96 year old) outside I might go talk to him from social distancing. He sits in his garage with the door open and welcomes people to come a talk with him. I am sure he missed the pool more than I do since he used to go there two or three times a day just to chat with the lifeguard and whoever else would talk with him. He told me he heard pool might open July 5th but I don't think I will be ready for that.

BUZZ How wonderful to hear from you!!! I am happy to read they are taking excellent care of you and you were able to see your darling son. We think of you everyday and miss you but want you to be pain free. <3

Patsy, until we have a vaccine I am not sure about any of this. They still aren't sure about a surge because of the riots and even though my state has a preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases from June 12–June 18 at 3%, we still wait for phase 4. All the health experts are saying Trump's rally is very dangerous especially since it is indoors.

Jackie, count me in on the green with envy girls. My oven is hardly every used but my stove is so old I am jealous of your beautiful stove. The only service I know of to clean an oven is easy off and hard scrubbing. lol

Lin, I hope the shower reduced those aches and pains. I seem to be waking up with a back ache every morning and I have a foam topper on my bed. I know the doctor would say, well when you are a little older these aches and pains are normal. ugh

Anne, hope you have nice weather for your walk with Jilly.

Barbie, are you out walking???

Have a great day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Barbie, I have been wondering, is your DH trying out that Ninja system? If so, what is he making? A good purchase for him? ☺️

Hope all is well. 🙋🏼‍♀️

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Thank you so much for all your welcome cards! Miss you, too
  • Sandydur
    delraybuzz wrote: »
    Thank you so much for all your welcome cards! Miss you, too

<3<3<3
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Gawanne35 wrote: »
    (Hi JACKIE, I got up at 5:30 but now I'm under my blankie again. BEAN.)

And I feel like crawling under with her! Should be an interesting day though. Michael might be over and an exciting car ride (for Bean anyway) to the Organic garage. No sign of him going back to work again and Mr Trudeau has extended the monthly benefit for another two months. Goodness knows where all this free (but taxable) cash is coming from! Whatever, I'm enjoying his company and someone to walk with because the Bean is far too busy sniffing every blade of grass for serious conversation.

I wonder what the new plant is Jackie? Be sure to let us know.

We are about to embark on another heatwave but that's okay because I will huddle inside, type, and fill Tony in with some family history he isn't aware of. As he charmingly put it, you're the last of the old crowd and when you fall off the twig it will be lost forever. So I guess I am still of some use! Helen won't remember because she was only four (myself nine) at the time he wants to know about.

I think I've been with this group for nine years now. Maybe more. That's because at the beginning I kept getting in a mess with this iPad and had to keep starting over and over with new names. So I don't really know how many posts I've actually done. Not about to find out because I'm sure to mess things up again and start with yet another new name but I guess you would all recognize Bean.
    BOB, you used to give us interesting breakfast ideas - any more to share?

Off to skip for a shower, tra lah lah.
    Anne.

Anne – Hope you are doing well… and that your shower was refreshing! LOL.
    Ahhh those breakfast meals… when I changed to an Intermittent Fasting lifestyle (16/8) I pretty much gave up breakfast. I fast from roughly 8pm to 12pm the next day (16 hrs) and eat as I wish thru an 8 hr window (roughly 12pm-8pm). This isn’t a fad and has been around for ages with lots of research. It has worked for me and I am at a weight not seen since high school.
    So now I play with my lunches and dinners. Here are a few I shared on social media with friends. Every day, I never know what I will make until I start. Silly – but I enjoy it.
    Hopefully that heat wave you mentioned isn’t too rough on you. Have a wonderful weekend. Bob
    p1r2re1u0slk.jpg
    mcyvu7c5xt46.jpg
    isry4fictoar.jpg
    rx3r1wtffzh1.jpg
    l16yw3xdz1lh.jpg
    0irsumtqy7jv.jpg
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Sandy – Slow learner??? I doubt it. Dedicated? FOR SURE! Regardless of asking for some days back your tracking is amazing. Most people I know have struggled with weight-loss during this pandemic. Fortunately, most of my Achilles heel is located in restaurants (Huge Italian meals, one certain pizza place that has been my fav for decades along with a craft beer, ). So my battle is largely going to be when “released.” LOL Enjoy your Sunday! Bob
  • Gawanne35
    Super BOB. Thank you so much for ideas and even better I've got most of the ingredients in my fridge.
    Just one question what exactly is rice veggie? I'm just trying to figure out how to copy the recipes and photos. Mike might pop by tomorrow and he will sort me out.

I think I remember you liking music amongst your many talents?

I acquired Jilly Bean four years ago. Best thing I ever did! Especially as we both eat a lot of chicken breasts. Her more than me!
    Anne.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    :) I got up early to walk the dogs early and it started raining before I was really ready to come home but neither Sasha nor I was dressed for rain. I did find time for some housework. Now I'm listening in on a Zoom meeting that doesn't require me to say anything. I have my video off so no one knows what I'm doing while I listen. I even walked the dogs with my phone in my pocket while listening to the meeting.

<3Buzz, It's good to see you again. I wish you the best as you battle all your troubles.

:) Now the sun is shining but it's too warm to work in the yard so I'll postpone yard work til tomorrow.

:) Jake loves his NInja Foodie. So far he has made hard boiled eggs, pork chops, and french fries. He has a lot more ideas. Today he decided that he didn't like the shelf I'd cleared for its storage so he proposed another kitchen rearrangement. Now I'll have to learn where everything is .

:) I am such an introvert that it doesn't bother me that most days the only person I talk to is Jake. Sometimes I exchange a few words with another dog walker but since no one is allowed to pet our dogs and I'm not petting anyone else's dogs, I don't linger long to talk to anyone.

<3 Barbie
  • Sandydur
    I’m with you Bob. Eating at home is easy, restaurants not so easy. I love some of your food choices thank you for sharing.
    Sandy
  • linder4866
    edited June 2020
    Bob, what beautiful meals. ❤️❤️

Buzz, delighted to see you again ❤️❤️🙋🏼‍♀️❤️❤️

Barbie, thanks for the update. The new appliance/device sounds interesting.

Well, I sped up a bit on the puzzle.

z663bnr1qqy2.jpeg

I do love it. The artwork is by Randal Spangler. My house is full of his prints. He does few dog prints, most are whimsical dragons and cats.

See you in the morning.

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    :)Lin I love your puzzle. How clever and focused you are to have finished it.
  • linder4866
    That is kind of you Barbie, thank you. ❤️

Here’s lots of teacups, we could all sip whatever we prefer....water, tea, coffee. 😁

zv3wwi23drtl.jpeg

❤️❤️
  • Gawanne35
    I remember those teasets LIN. I think they were called. Harlequin? I love that puzzle as well. Seems a shame to break it up.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to try BOBs Intermittent food plan. I would so love to lose these last 3-4 lbs.
    The funny thing is the Bean rarely eats breakfast. She prefers twice a day, noon and 6 o'clock. Certainly not overweight, maybe she's clued in more than me.

Another sizzler today and even worse than yesterday. I holed up with Colditz. Getting near the end of the series and I'm going to miss the characters, friend and foe alike.

This machine won't let me type. Jerky letters. So I'm away.

Anne.