Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Did 5K to 10K W2D2 timed. I was slower today, but didn't prematurely drop to a walk, either. Distance today was 3.79 miles for a pace of 13:27. I also did a much better job of estimating where to turn around. I finished about where I began, without doubling back.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    rnurse82 wrote: »
    Completed the program today!! However I am only at 2.53 miles in 30 mins. So I will keep working for another week then move on to the 10k trainer like others have suggested.

We live in a mountain and I've just being running a small piece that is not too up hill in front of our house. I want to make it up the hills but they are so daunting! I want to be able to run to where I can't even see our house and then head back! I am slowly been adding a few feet of the hill into my run, not sure how else to really build up to it. Any input?

@rnurse82 To Paraphrase a respected member of my Swim Club group just add a length (25m for swimming) to the end of your run, which gives you an extra 50m on each run. I would suggest extend your turn around point by 50-100m on each run using landmarks as your guide, don't be afraid to drop into a walk for an equivalent distance and then go back into the run for a distance that is twice as long as the walking distance. Extend the first run in your weekly schedule and maintain that distance for the next 2 runs and then extend again. Which is basically what the C25K/B10K program's are based on.
  • sweets1973
    sweets1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Today I graduated the C25K ran 5k in 41 minutes so push on and get my running faster and push on with running 10k
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I did week 4 day 1 of zombies run yesterday. I'm gong on a two week vacation so I'm hoping I stay strong with my exercise and diet.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at Zombies Run. Might do that when I get back into running.
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 That is about what I have been doing. So, that's good! I find myself making it further up the hills while running. Its exciting!
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Week 3, day 1 yesterday... oh, those three minute run intervals scared the crap out of me! But I DID IT!! :)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    I find myself making it further up the hills while running. Its exciting!
    @rnurse82 The day you get to the Top and see the Downhill Slope or Flat Table Lands stretching out in front of you will be a great day. Trust me on this one it will be a great day.
    If it is Flat(ish) Table lands add a little distance on top as a Victory/Reward. If it is the down slope on the other side leave that for a future run.
  • NancyN795
    Options
    Did 5K to 10K, W2D3 timed. Distance today was 3.89 miles for a pace of 13:07. I think in general I was doing about the same pace as last time, except that I decided to sprint a bit on a couple of the more level sections on the way back. I think I need to sprint more - I had trouble sustaining it for more than a minute. Overall a good run. I still can't believe I can do this at all, much less without feeling wiped out afterwards.

Next time I'm going to start over with the distance version - so I'll be back to W1D1, but my distance will be greater.
  • rnurse82
    Options
    @NancyN795 so awesome!! I've been working on the hills to build my endurance the last 4 runs. So I think today I will try and stay on the flatter section and see how far I Can get. I have yet to make it a full 5k. So hoping today will be the day!!

Awesome job!!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

I'm getting ready to start this again either today or tomorrow, depending on if the thunderstorm rolls away or not. A little rain isn't an issue, but dodging lightning with a couple kids is a bit sketchy for me. Lol.
    I don't think that I'm going not start with w1d1 though because I've been running around the last couple weeks chasing my youngest on his bike. I know I can run a mile straight right now, so I think I'm going to start with week 2.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2. And I learned NOT to share MapMyFitness AND Couch to 5k both to MFP. It double logged my exercise. :/
  • NancyN795
    Options
    Did 5K to 10K, W1D1 distance. The distance was 4.38 miles and I did it in 58:30 for a pace of 13:22. That extra half mile over Saturday's run felt long! It might have been because the day was already heating up by the time I got back, despite starting running at 6:30. I was also having a few minor pains in my left knee and right hip. Not enough for me to stop running, but enough to keep me from trying any sprints. Still, now that it's over and I'm all showered and cooled off, I feel pretty good.

I am so glad I didn't go straight from doing the 5K to doing the distance version of RunDouble's 5K to 10K program. By doing a couple weeks of the timed version, I didn't have to increase my distance so dramatically right away. The hill is still really hard (I run up it at about the same speed that I can walk up it on a very good day), but I'm getting used to tackling it.
  • rnurse82
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    I am so glad I didn't go straight from doing the 5K to doing the distance version of RunDouble's 5K to 10K program. By doing a couple weeks of the timed version, I didn't have to increase my distance so dramatically right away. The hill is still really hard (I run up it at about the same speed that I can walk up it on a very good day), but I'm getting used to tackling it.
    I wish we had better service. The Rundouble and MMR gps both cut out On me I think. Hoping to get to run in town after work one day this week and see how the gps does and see how far I can make it!! Great job btw!!

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

I think it would work well for you Ceci. I've been running the entire free form runs with no problem. I finished week 4 day 2 Saturday and week 4 day 3 today. Happy 4th everyone!
  • NancyN795
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    I wish we had better service. The Rundouble and MMR gps both cut out On me I think. Hoping to get to run in town after work one day this week and see how the gps does and see how far I can make it!! Great job btw!!

I understand your frustration. When I've had trouble with the GPS it's really bugged me.

We have very poor cell coverage - only one cell provider works at all and that not everywhere. And, the data signal is even worse. However, the GPS usually works - it doesn't depend on having data or cell signals. On occasion, it has seemed like having two applications using it at the same time (say, Fitbit and MMW or MMW and RunDouble) has caused problems, but lately they've been working for me. There's a setting in RunDouble to have it tell you when it loses GPS. That doesn't help get it back, but I would guess that it can give you an idea of where you're having problems and if it is consistently in the same spots. Also, I can export the data from RunDouble as a GPX file and import it into MMW, so if I have to use just one of the two, I stick with RunDouble. I've never tried using Fitbit's mapping and RunDouble together.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    Week 3 Day 2. And I learned NOT to share MapMyFitness AND Couch to 5k both to MFP. It double logged my exercise. :/

MapMyFitness has been double posting to MFP for me for a while now. :|