• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Thursday- 14.61 miles biking
    Saturday- 65.53 miles ADA Tour deCure
    Sunday- 5.8 miles hiking at my national park

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Ohhhh anaconda!! AGAIN???? I hope you are a quick healer & you choose some quiet bike trails to get your mile from. Gosh that's horrible! I live in the country in northeast Montana & it is VERY quiet & I love it like that!

It was hot & humid today so I chose the ex bike for 16 miles.

exercise.png

• Tazzythatsme
    Tazzythatsme Posts: 211 Member
    2 miles
    52 MTD
  • Tazzythatsme
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Congratulations to Tazzythatsme on making goal. Sorry you'll be out of commission.

Vhuber - makes me tired just thinking about it!

Sussexbythesea - glad you're able to get around a little but don't overdo it.

As for me, I haven't moved as much as I'd like but I'm hanging in there, just barely. Tomorrow I'm supposed to run the annual local 5k but it's supposed to be like 100F out so I may be walking.

Thank you for your kindness

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member
    Thanks to all for the well wishes. I do appreciate it. I have my turbo trainer to mess around on. I will be back on the road soon. I have a MTB of which I use on the road. Where I live there is no such thing as a multi use path within 30 miles of here, and these roads are not quiet by any stretch.

08/08 - 01.0 miles walking
    08/09 - 02.0 miles walking
    08/10 - 19.0 miles cycling
    08/11 - 18.0 miles cycling (and crashing)
    08/12 - 01.0 miles dragging the nurse around the hospital
    08/13 - 01.0 miles walking with my friend slowly
    08/14 - 01.0 mile slow walk to my friends house.

Total: 143.0 miles

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,258 Member
    Walked w/DH this morning then got on the recumbent for 51 mins and some Ray Donovan then have lunch with friends for a b'day. No grandbaby yet.

08/14 - 6.45 miles
    08/14 - 14.25 bike miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Chris
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,190 Member
    Adding 24 miles for 24 out of 360. Yes, I upped it from 350 to 360.

@Clepant - Hope everything went well.

Adding 31 miles for 55 out of 360.

Adding 17 miles for 72 out of 360

Adding 13 miles for 85 out of 360

Adding 18 miles for 103 out of 360

Adding 73 miles for 176 out of 360.

Missed a day. Adding 16 miles for 192 out of 360.

Adding 7 miles for 199 out of 360.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,344 Member
    Aug. 14: Adding 26.10 miles of cycling 23.10 miles and walking 3 miles
    TTD: 206.15 miles

exercise.png

@anaconda469: I Hope that you are feeling better each day. I am in similar conditions as you. My riding conditions are not the best. I do have some parks near by but drivers are still crazy and not too thrilled with bikers. Don't worry about your miles. I will be happy to send some your way if you are short near the end of the month.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    @anaconda469 Hope you are starting to feel a little better and no permanent damage been done! Shakes you up and you keep finding new sore bits for days don't you! Heal well!

@JTH11706 Well done on your 5 k! Worth remembering everyone is experiencing the same poor conditions!

@Tazzythatsme Good luck - see you when you get back :)

13 Aug 10.6 miles
    14 Aug 8.8 miles
    15 Aug 6.2 miles

MTD 116.3 miles
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    8/8 - 3 miles
    8/10 - 4 miles
    8/12 - 8 miles
    8/13 - 4 miles
    8/14 - 8 miles

59/110
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Wow. I was feeling sorry for myself and this stubborn leg, but clearly this is just a minor set back. It is healing as fast as can be expected in a "mature" body. I can still walk, I just need to limit the time and distance and listen to the tightness before it turns into pain. The next few days are actually my danger zone, it is tempting to overdo it, but I know that it is not completely healed and I need to give it more time.

Added 5.25 miles in the last 3 days for an August total of 51.25 miles. Too much rain today for me to be safe on a bike, but maybe later in the week I can catch up some miles.

exercise.png

@anaconda469 I am so glad you are going to be OK. I don't have any good advice on sharing the roads, I am lucky to have some dedicated walking and biking paths nearby. I'm not balanced enough to be safe in traffic, even with a helmet.

@Tazzythatsme and @sussexbythesea Like me, take care and let yourself heal. As hard as it is, we need to be satisfied with the moving we can do safely so we can keep moving in the future. (Now, I just need to keep reading this to myself, I am not good at being patient with myself)

@scarfe9991 My thoughts are with you and your students at this time. It's already a stressful enough time of year without adding that.

And to all the other educators out there getting ready for another great year, GOOD LUCK and Bless you, sometimes the rest of us don't realize how hard you work and how important that work is. My thoughts are with you too.

Have a great Monday Everyone!
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    adding 5.84 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

CONGRATS to @CLEPANT on making GOAL!!! :drinker

@ANACONDA469 - OMG!!! So sorry to see you got hurt again! Take care and get the rest you need to heal. :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,794 Member
    August 15
    25.58 miles
    378.68 miles MTD
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,794 Member
    edited August 2016
    Anaconda please get well soon....
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Hallway lapping again - 1 mile.

exercise.png
  • Tazzythatsme
    2 miles
    54 miles MTD
  • Tazzythatsme
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    Wow. I was feeling sorry for myself and this stubborn leg, but clearly this is just a minor set back. It is healing as fast as can be expected in a "mature" body. I can still walk, I just need to limit the time and distance and listen to the tightness before it turns into pain. The next few days are actually my danger zone, it is tempting to overdo it, but I know that it is not completely healed and I need to give it more time.

Added 5.25 miles in the last 3 days for an August total of 51.25 miles. Too much rain today for me to be safe on a bike, but maybe later in the week I can catch up some miles.

exercise.png

@anaconda469 I am so glad you are going to be OK. I don't have any good advice on sharing the roads, I am lucky to have some dedicated walking and biking paths nearby. I'm not balanced enough to be safe in traffic, even with a helmet.

@Tazzythatsme and @sussexbythesea Like me, take care and let yourself heal. As hard as it is, we need to be satisfied with the moving we can do safely so we can keep moving in the future. (Now, I just need to keep reading this to myself, I am not good at being patient with myself)

@scarfe9991 My thoughts are with you and your students at this time. It's already a stressful enough time of year without adding that.

And to all the other educators out there getting ready for another great year, GOOD LUCK and Bless you, sometimes the rest of us don't realize how hard you work and how important that work is. My thoughts are with you too.

Have a great Monday Everyone!
    Thank you for your kindness . Sitting still is the hardest part . But I will follow your sound advice .
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    7.51 miles walked today

65.72 miles walked to date
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 930 Member
    edited August 2016
    ... sticking to the plan so far this month :) (well almost -- a little ahead but better to be ahead than behind ;) )

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.