Step-It-Up September Week 1 (9/1-9/7)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
Welcome to our September monthly challenge!
This month we're doing "Step-It-Up"
increase the amount, speed, or intensity of something.
So we are going to focus on a goal we've let slack a bit. Some people might go literal and try to increase step count (walking) or ramp up exercise frequency or intensity. Or maybe someone has been letting good habits slide a little bit.

Choose whatever it is in your life that requires you to "step up" your effort to improve your health and/or fitness.

Every week we'll have a thread to talk about our goals, progress, life stuff, and to encourage one another.
Go ahead and post your goal for this month.
I'll plop a stickie at the top of the group for easy access should the thread get buried.

This is your challenge.
The bad news is: You are the ONLY one who can make positive changes happen in your life.
The good news? YOU are the only one who CAN make positive changes happen in your life. You have that power. Believe it.
And make it happen.

Get to steppin'! :wink:

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I've been Steppin it up or at least trying too, literally, to get 20K steps a day. I was successful last week but only during the work week, so for the September challenge I'm going to try to achieve that goal everyday, not just during the work week. I'm going to actually update the goal on my fitbit too instead of setting it at 10k and being an overachiever ;)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have a very aggressive workout schedule for September, I'm going to step-it up and hit all those workouts!!!
  • auntstephie321
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If anyone wants to add me on fitbit http://www.fitbit.com/user/3D522L
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My goal is to hit the steps my Vivosmart HR gives me. I'll be taking L'il Ringbearer to Uni in Glasgow next week so it will be good to have an outside goal to focus on. :'(
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I don't have a step counter thingy...I shall carry a notebook and tally my steps! Everyone pray I don't awkwardly walk into the street counting, or get thrown into the loony bin.

All jokes aside...today I'm going to put in at least thirty minutes of focused exercise.

STEPPIN' IT UP!

if you have a smartphone there are a bunch of apps that work to track steps too, might not be 100% accurate but the trackers aren't either.

I'd almost rather count myself, I'm just THAT dorky. :D

I'm so anti-phone dependency that the whole app thing would be a waste. There's no way I'm carrying my stupid phone around with me, just to maybe count my steps inaccurately.

No phone... no tunes :'(
    Keep it simple a timer & music apps.

>:) or o:)

• FaeryChaos
    FaeryChaos Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I need to step up my workouts again. I was good until classes started, but now time has gotten constrained. So. I need to get up in the mornings and hit the gym before work!!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I freaking LOVE your name @FaeryChaos! Anywho.....

I am stepping up my movement. I rarely hit 10,000 on the Fitbit these days. I only average about 4700 a day right now but I know I can easily walk 5 miles at a time. I just need to prioritize it and do it. So my goal is 20 miles a week.
  • kfat1
    kfat1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am stepping it up by doing a 30 day plank challenge. Want to lose 5 lbs this month.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'll step up my steps too :) I work 5 days a week at an 18 acre cemetery. I usually hit around 7000 no problem. I'll put in the extra work to hit 10,000 everyday in September. Go team!!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I need to step it up in all ways!! I want to get back on track with food preparation, actually paying attention to macros & calories, as well as hitting my activity goals. I have dropped the ball over the summer months in many ways and it is time to hit it hard!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    kfat1 wrote: »
    I am stepping it up by doing a 30 day plank challenge. Want to lose 5 lbs this month.

nice! I was thinking about this too, we had a thread back in February doing the 30 day plank challenge. sadly I pushed too hard part way through and started down a path of pain and injury for a bit :( but I'm back in tip top shape now so it would be fun to do again
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    STEPPIN' IT UP! .....borrowed from SuperC Lori : )

I am going to get at least 4 days of HIIT in ,on the gym bike at work. It will help my BG # if I break it up into a couple of 15 min sets... maybe throw in a 30 at lunch..
    Best wishes everyone!
    Time2
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My Steppin' it Up goal is to walk twice a day rather than once. I have no specific amount of time I want to do on each, but my morning walk is about 30 minutes so if I add even 15 minutes in the late afternoon/evening, that will be good. And if its more, that will be good, too.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    My stepping it up is to start exercising. I have passed 30lbs off now so time to Step Up my efforts!