Step-It-Up September Week 1 (9/1-9/7)

Options

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    kfat1 wrote: »
    @auntstephie321 . Are you planking with me? How long did you hold it for today?

I didn't yet, but the days not over, let me see what I can do.

Just did a minute, phew I think I still have some strength left from before.

Are you doing on your hands or elbows? I remember elbows being a lot harder.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    kfat1 wrote: »
    3.5 mins......that's pretty good considering the pain I was in for 20 secs.

It took a while to work up to that. I wish I could search for the old thread, there was a lot learned on it over time.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    2.5lbs off this week, exercise planned for next week. Fitbit charged and on my arm.
  • tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm adding 3 HIITdays 20 min each in addition to what I already do at the gym.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Day 1:
    Exceeded step goal: 8162.
    (Pretty pleased with that since I didn't find my fitness tracker until 4:00 :) )

Completed 50 activity minutes.

I think I will start the plank challenge as well. My core strength is pathetic.

Great luck to everyone today!!!!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    What is the plank challenge? I am about to start the squat challenge myself.

g1oeax02s2e1.png
  • Ringbearer2
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    What is the plank challenge? I am about to start the squat challenge myself.

http://data.whicdn.com/images/94711810/original.jpg

Here's one. I hope the picture posts. I'm a moron about stuff like that.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Dang! I'm late to the party! Kept meaning to come back and post yesterday but didn't make it!

Step ItUp challenge! Oh how I love this!!
    Weekday steps I'm pushing to 13k a day!
    Weekend steps is much less sitting at 5k
    I also have been increasing my exercise but currently sidelined until the muscle in my back calms down. My elbow planks were up to 25 seconds... Thinking I might pull up the plank challenge as well
    I will add more as the month goes on!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Step it Up Sept, huh. OK!

Well I have a pretty low step number as my goal, only 6,000, and sometimes I don't make it (although those tend to be days when I'm still quite active just not in a step-oriented way). So my Step It Up goal is going to be to meet or beat 7500 every single day for the rest of this month, starting today. I can't include yesterday because - well, because I didn't make it because of being at the dentist and then the subsequent mouth pain that has kept me pretty still ever since. But I won't let it stop me today, or the rest of the days.
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Step it up! I'm definitely in!!!
    09/01 I got 14,000 steps in. My goal is anything over 10,000. Let's do this! Feel free to add me as a Fitbit friend sherrinabors@gmail.com. Thanks!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    Step it up! I'm definitely in!!!
    09/01 I got 14,000 steps in. My goal is anything over 10,000. Let's do this! Feel free to add me as a Fitbit friend sherrinabors@gmail.com. Thanks!

That's great! I aspire to those numbers. Right now I'm happy if I just hit the goal Garmin gives me. At least it increases every day!

• option3girl
    option3girl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    SW = 236.0 (started July 30)
    Lost in August = 9.4
    CW = 225.0 (total loss 11.0!)

Goal is to lose 7 pounds in September and to start exercising. I had an injury in August that seems to be healed now. I want to get at least 30 minutes in 5 days a week. Keeping carbs to <20 a day.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    I don't have a step counter thingy...I shall carry a notebook and tally my steps! Everyone pray I don't awkwardly walk into the street counting, or get thrown into the loony bin.

All jokes aside...today I'm going to put in at least thirty minutes of focused exercise.

STEPPIN' IT UP!

if you have a smartphone there are a bunch of apps that work to track steps too, might not be 100% accurate but the trackers aren't either.

I'd almost rather count myself, I'm just THAT dorky. :D

I'm so anti-phone dependency that the whole app thing would be a waste. There's no way I'm carrying my stupid phone around with me, just to maybe count my steps inaccurately.

Welcome to Dorksville!

(Could you bring an abacus along if smartphones don't have enough D-factor?)

That's A BRILLIANT idea! *digs out old speak and spell* Hey this'll work, right? :D
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Goal:
    Focus on macros and get back to logging consistently. I have been slacking lately.
    Also, step up my exercise...get to the gym 2-3 times a week.
    Enter my measurements! I keep forgetting- ugh!
    :p
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Goal - 10K steps; first day did 11K. The humidity has been killer down here in Florida lately due to Hermine. Oh well, it is what it is!!!!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for a DietBet Kickstarter for accountability. I might sign up for one of their maintenance challenges after that. It's a lot of money for me (I don't have much discretionary funds) but b/c I am a cheapskate, the long-term deals (like the Transformer I did last year that led me to start keto!) tend to work well at helping me stay on track b/c I do NOT want to lose my money!! ;)
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    @kfat1 okay, just did thirty seconds, on elbows...think I may try for a few sessions per day....I was shaking! :#
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @kfat1 okay, just did thirty seconds, on elbows...think I may try for a few sessions per day....I was shaking! :#

Your strength builds up fast
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    @Bonny132 - September Squats! I need to add those to my goals.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sept Goal >10,000
    6/1 - 10,702