NSV's

Options

Replies

• karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    jassnip wrote: »
    I was at the grocery store yesterday and my hubby and I are walking down the baking isle looking for the no sugar jello packs when my nose (which I never knew there was anything wrong with) catches a big whiff of sugar. It was too sweet! Several other times I've caught smells that were pretty strong, but my hubby can't smell them when I point them out. So apparently my sniffer is healing/improving.

Love this, because it truly is amazing how desensitized we become to things. The food industry wants it that way so we become addicted and need more and more and that's how they get more $
    To me the re sensitization of sweet is a huge NSV, and a sign that the addiction has waned.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    jassnip wrote: »
    I was at the grocery store yesterday and my hubby and I are walking down the baking isle looking for the no sugar jello packs when my nose (which I never knew there was anything wrong with) catches a big whiff of sugar. It was too sweet! Several other times I've caught smells that were pretty strong, but my hubby can't smell them when I point them out. So apparently my sniffer is healing/improving.

Love this, because it truly is amazing how desensitized we become to things. The food industry wants it that way so we become addicted and need more and more and that's how they get more $
    To me the re sensitization of sweet is a huge NSV, and a sign that the addiction has waned.

I agree!

The sweeter everything tastes, the more desensitized we keep becoming.
    Now that I've cut sweeteners except for water flavor to cover my supplements yuckiness, everything tastes better. Adding a couple crushed blueberries or other fruit, to water has absolutely no flavor to other people, but to me it's a light blueberry taste and I love it.
    I never used to like those unsweetened drinks like LaCroix either, but now I can actually taste the flavors and natural sweetness.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I'm a New Englander too! I'm laughing because I feel your joy. I have a few items from the Cape and Marthas Vineyard that are now way too big for me, and I can't bring myself to get rid if them!! Lol. Maybe I'll alter them one day.
    You look awesome, by the way!
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    I'm a New Englander too! I'm laughing because I feel your joy. I have a few items from the Cape and Marthas Vineyard that are now way too big for me, and I can't bring myself to get rid if them!! Lol. Maybe I'll alter them one day.
    You look awesome, by the way!

Someone who understands! One of my friends who grew up in Puerto Rico and moved here as an adult still doesn't fully understand hoodie obsession even though she's been here over a decade. How big are the clothes? I might be able to help you get rid of some of your clutter :wink:
  • jassnip
    jassnip Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady at least you know he's not in it for the wrong reasons.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady sounds like you have found yourself a real gem there.

My SO is very supportive of me. Never once complained when I was heavier, and has now decided to loose some weight too.