LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    @midwesterner85 Years ago (when I was highly driven) I was working on degree 3 which happened to be an MBA. I QUIT in term 3 of 5 so good for you for getting through it especially while juggling employment. Kudos.

What a coincidence - this is my 3rd degree and is also an MBA. I've been working on it since Jan. 2014 taking classes 4 of 6 terms each year (1 term = 8 weeks) and taking a class both terms in a "semester" is considered a FT course load because of the accelerated class schedule. So even for the times that I took 1 course of 2 and was classified as a PT student, I was actually taking a FT course load for 8 weeks and nothing for the other 8 weeks.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I am sitting in the clinic feeling pretty nasty after fasting all night and then chugging 75g of glucose solution. Hoping the next hour and 40 minutes goes quickly.

My doctor told me he'd call me if there were problems with my numbers but I think I'll make an appointment to come in and go over them anyway. I'm a science nerd (professional chemist) so I like numbers.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @angyln1 Happy Anniversary!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Update: I just received word that I did not get the position I applied for.

I am trying to remain positive as I don't want my anxiety attack to return.

Well...time to pick myself up and move on!

@samanthaluangphixay I'm sorry to hear that Sam :( If you've been there a long time and are constantly turned down for promotions or raises sometimes it's best to move on to another company. I had to do that a couple years ago and it tore me apart because I loved working with my team, but I was upset that I was always getting looked over for promotions. You deserve nothing but the best!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's "Will this week ever end?" Thursday! :lol:

I thought we were having a good day yesterday but apparently my partner in the room didn't! Once she gets in a bad mood it's over. I don't even know why she had such a mood change. Oh well! Nothing I could do but grin and keep going.

It's my early in day so hopefully I can be out at a decent time today and maybe even get another walk in after work! I was exhausted by the time I went to bed last night and looking at my sleep tracker I can see why I'm looking forward to my coffee! Hurry up Mr. Coffee!!

Hopefully everyone has a great day today!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I crochet in the winter as well, lots of recycled stuff- old t-shirts into rugs, plastic bags into mats or bags.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

((hugs)) something better will come along!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Had a latte on my way in to celebrate National Coffee Day. No sugar...but 18 grams of carbs?!?! ugh. I did not drink milk enough to know this piece of info. Blech.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    Had a latte on my way in to celebrate National Coffee Day. No sugar...but 18 grams of carbs?!?! ugh. I did not drink milk enough to know this piece of info. Blech.

Unfortunately, I don't live close enough to any of the chains offering discounts or promotions for National Coffee Day. But I made coffee today like I do every day.
  • Cadori
    Options

Unfortunately, I don't live close enough to any of the chains offering discounts or promotions for National Coffee Day. But I made coffee today like I do every day.

Yeah, I should have. Not worth going over my carbs. :/
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

You've got this... There is something better waiting for you for sure!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    2manyhats wrote: »
    I crochet in the winter as well, lots of recycled stuff- old t-shirts into rugs, plastic bags into mats or bags.

My daughter's music instructor, with her church, crochets plastic bags into sleeping mats for the homeless - it's amazing! Who knew you could do such things?! (Can you tell I have no crochet/knitting ability?)
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options

Oh no! If it was at Starbucks, they offer almond milk which only has 3 grams of sugar so 3 net carbs. Their coconut milk isn't worth it, it's not unsweetened :( Any other coffee shop I'd stick with an iced coffee and heavy whipping cream for sure!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @samanthaluangphixay keep at what you enjoy and you will be great!

@Cynsuccesd welcome aboard!!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Welcome @Cynsuccesd. Congrats to you both!!!
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to say hi.

@samanthaluangphixay there is something better on your horizon, my friend.

My baby is turning 10 on Monday.

That's really about all that's happening in my little world right now.

Hope you all are well. <3
  • Cadori
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »

Oh no! If it was at Starbucks, they offer almond milk which only has 3 grams of sugar so 3 net carbs. Their coconut milk isn't worth it, it's not unsweetened :( Any other coffee shop I'd stick with an iced coffee and heavy whipping cream for sure!

That's what I usually get. Teaches me to branch out! Lol