You know you are LCHF when...

Options

Replies

• Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    You die a little bit inside when you see someone pour out the pickle juice when the pickles are all gone.

I was using the last of some jarred pickled pepper rings just now, looking at the remaining juice and was reminded of this. Still my favorite post in 7 pages of this thread.

Haha I hope you drank the juice!
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @carom Hurrah for LC strange!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    You buy eggs by the crate, not by those rinky dink 12 count cartons that might last 3 meals, at best.

So true! People look at me funny when I have a crate of eggs in my basket - "you must really like eggs". "Are you having a party?" "Why do you buy so many at a time?" are things I hear from complete strangers...

@Cadori - we already have the pig and I so want chickens but we don't quite have the space set up for them yet. To allow them around the yard would be death with all the dogs....but one day, I'm right there with you!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    You die a little bit inside when you see someone pour out the pickle juice when the pickles are all gone.

I was using the last of some jarred pickled pepper rings just now, looking at the remaining juice and was reminded of this. Still my favorite post in 7 pages of this thread.

Haha I hope you drank the juice!

Didn't drink it but did put the jar/juice back in the refrigerator just in case.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I was at the grocery store on Saturday morning after being up super late the night before. Without realizing it, I flipped over the toilet paper and started looking for the carb count.

Also, I had a doctor's appointment last week and quickly learned to smile and nod as my doctor told me that I'm eating too much meat and I need to add in at least 4 servings of fruit a day.

This made my day! :lol:
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    You buy eggs by the crate, not by those rinky dink 12 count cartons that might last 3 meals, at best.

Or you have 13 daily laying chickens and your husband is looking into buying a pig to butcher...

Or you buy your beef by the half cow!
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I was at the grocery store on Saturday morning after being up super late the night before. Without realizing it, I flipped over the toilet paper and started looking for the carb count.

Also, I had a doctor's appointment last week and quickly learned to smile and nod as my doctor told me that I'm eating too much meat and I need to add in at least 4 servings of fruit a day.

Oh, my word. I couldn't even. I'd be doctor shopping and quick. That'd drive me insane. At least I've always had doctors who were open to LCHF eating (as long as I was losing weight and getting good blood sugar numbers).
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

LOL That's great! :D
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @kmn118 - its just nice to know we are not alone in our 'strangeness' :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Yes! I live that one too! Gotta enjoy the juice too!
    Cadori wrote: »

Or you have 13 daily laying chickens and your husband is looking into buying a pig to butcher...

I would love to have chickens but my hubs is super suburban man and thinks it's weird to do country stuff in the burbs. Plus, bird poop... lol
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    You get irritated that you accidentally buy the wrong hwc because it has 1 gram of carb.

You actually just bought one with honest labeling. The ones that say zero are rounding down.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    You know you're LCHF when your husband doesn't see any reason to keep the little bit of beef roast leftover because it's "just a few pieces and a bunch of fat" and you pack it away for your lunch the next day to his disgust. Lol
    He is sorta on board with the low carb part but not so much with the high fat part. :smile: