NSV's

Options

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    bwhahahaha.....that's me every day until I have to leave the house and actually get out of the car @kpk54. Sweats, no bra all day every day - mail lady honks to deliver a package? no bra. Fed Ex shows up? Same. Got to run to the school to pick up a kid? I don't have to get out sooooo you guessed it...no bra. I even went through the drive through at the dry cleaner yesterday where they actually walk out to your car and can see in your car. Sweat shirt covers all sins....no bra.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    bwhahahaha.....that's me every day until I have to leave the house and actually get out of the car @kpk54. Sweats, no bra all day every day - mail lady honks to deliver a package? no bra. Fed Ex shows up? Same. Got to run to the school to pick up a kid? I don't have to get out sooooo you guessed it...no bra. I even went through the drive through at the dry cleaner yesterday where they actually walk out to your car and can see in your car. Sweat shirt covers all sins....no bra.

LOL. That bit right there ^^^ sounds like Dr. Fung's bit about fasting. No time to cook? Fast!
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »

Hahaha why keep the girls in prison all day amirite? I'm not even going to lie, I'm heading to the dominican and I have a nice dress that I brought for when we go for a nice dinner, peekaboo back so my bra strap would show, it's crossed my mind to go braless, like, really tempting here....It's patterned so I dont think anyone would notice?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I guess braless has NEVER been an option for me, not since junior high maybe. They're big and unruly and misbehave and cause backaches and sweat rashes and many tears. And the boobs, too, not just the bras. Snapping and rub burns and ugly... ugh. Here, take mine. I don't want them anymore.

Y'all are speaking a completely foreign language and concept to me here. Really.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I need a good bra or running the risk of giving myself a black eye or two by accident lol. The girls are not of the behaving type at all.
    I once had to run for the bus braless, gave up as holding them in my hands to reduce the pain was just painful and heavy.

Love the girls, my SO loves my girls. Just wish there was less pain involved.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Feel strangely naked and vulnerable without one..... How do you guys do that?
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori Me, too!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

@SuperCarLori - I get weirded out like THIS ^^ just in a sports bra... But I can't wear those most of the time all day anyway, I'll get a terrible backache. I don't know that I've EVER, since my teens, left the house to go out in public without a bra... Maybe when I had that bad rash a while back...and even then, I was "buckled down" somehow...
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I can't do it either. Probably because even when I'm at my optimal weight and they are a more ... normal size I feel self conscious. Plus at my age and after 3 kids, perky left the building years ago.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Even When they were perky...couldn't do it.
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm curious how my boobs will turn out. When I was skinny, pre-pregnancy, I was probably an A cup. I jumped up to a DD when I was pregnant and got the stretch marks to prove it. Breastfed for 3 and a half years, and started gaining weight a bit before that. Right now I'm at a 36D, but I can tell already they are doing the shrink. I told my hubby I might be left with empty bags by the end of it. Oh well.

I hate bras. I don't like anything that squeezes me. I have some underwire that I wear on occasion, but I prefer a non-underwire bra or sports bra. Even though they got bigger they miraculously maintained their perk. Probably the only reason I wear one in public is because of the nips! I was ripping off my bra yesterday and my daughter, who is ten, says "is it no bra o'clock?" She knows me so well. Lol.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

Well I'd never walk into a store or something without a bra - that would be terrible! But when no one sees me shaking and hanging then I'm much more comfy.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Although the talk on this thread seems to be dominated lately by a topic to which I can't relate, I do have an NSV which may not sound as big as it is.

Typically, when I go to a movie, I get there 30 minutes or so before the movie and get a large popcorn because of the free refills. I then finish it entirely before the movie and get a refill which I typically will finish during the movie. On my way out, I will get another refill. (My wife has long thought it was disgusting that I could pack away this much of anything in such a short time.)

I was able to have a daddy daughter date with my 11 year old and went to the movie where I did not get any popcorn. The smell of it just about killed me. It actually made it difficult to focus on the movie, but I did not give in to the temptation.

Upon reflection, I think it is actually the butter (or whatever that concoction is in the pumps that makes the popcorn taste so good) that I was really craving. I have decided I need to find something I can smuggle in to put that on just to see how that does. I am thinking pumpkin seeds mixed with something. Clearly, I can't have the same volume of whatever it is, but maybe I can find something that can at least help make this craving not so distracting next time.

This is incredible!! Any consumption that involves a long standing ritual is harder to break.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    @cstehansen But the butter concoction isn't really butter? I think I've read somewhere the main ingredient is partially hydrogenated soybean oil. And butter flavoring thrown in there. I used to eat popcorn at the movies ALL the time. It was my favorite part of going out. It took a while to resist the smell and cravings when I walk inside the theater but now I just eat LC friendly snacks. I have a giant cup of flavored Diet Coke (not healthy either, but hey it doesn't have as many calories as popcorn) and maybe some Moon Cheese.