NSV's

Options

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    @cstehansen you can comment on moobs or your wife's bra habits :D:D

I need better fitting bra's! Or I might accidentally step on mine lol. The horrors of gravity and loosing weight. Another excuse to go shopping!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I resisted the off plan food in the break room. Two days in a row. Damn, those cookies looked good though.
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    I was showering today and washing under the "girls" and I was like why is it hard here? it was my ribs! lol haven't felt those in awhile LOL

Hello ribcage! This is an awesome NSV
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    I was showering today and washing under the "girls" and I was like why is it hard here? it was my ribs! lol haven't felt those in awhile LOL

Incredible!!!
  • HawkPNP
    HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Accountability is my NSV today. I've been terrible lately with control and accountability. Today I am accountable the way I was accountable when I first joined MFP. If you don't see my food log at the end of the day, yell at me (but you will, I promise!) And it will be accurate!

Great job!!!!!!!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Accountability is my NSV today. I've been terrible lately with control and accountability. Today I am accountable the way I was accountable when I first joined MFP. If you don't see my food log at the end of the day, yell at me (but you will, I promise!) And it will be accurate!

Way to go! That can be so hard.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Thanks @HawkPNP and @Cadori.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Accountability is the reason that I joined the 'Fearless October' challenge - since I get to put the info out there for all to see, I don't get to hide! So far, I have slipped a couple of times, but this has been the best month for me in terms of sticking to this WOE.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @ccrdragon..my sorry *kitten* joined in the first week then promptly forgot (decided not to participate in?) the challenge. I can't seem to keep up with those. I've tried almost every month since I started here but always stop.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @RowdysLady, I have joined several out in the other world (general forum :D ) but this is the first that I have actually kept up with.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    @ccrdragon I have noticed the same myself. My tastebuds have really changed. A lot of the food I used to like I now no longer enjoy. I don't have to drench my salads in dressings no more, although I am partial to olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a pinch of salt and maybe a squeeze of lemon. Most chocolates are too sweet for me. I tend to go for more savoury options.

Everything tastes so different I now use less spices than before.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    After I stopped eating added sugar two years ago even celery taste sweet. I recently tried Paul Newman's Balsamic Vinegar salad dressing. The spice was a bit much the first time but by the third time I was in love with it. Thankfully McDonald's carry it.
  • HawkPNP
    HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    not sure if this an nsv or simply an observation, but here goes. I have noticed that since I have pretty much cut sugars out of my diet that my taste buds seem to have reset... for example, I was eating salad (no dressing, so just veggies) and it hit me as to how sweet most of the veggies in the salad tasted - I had never thought of veggies like lettuce and carrots as sweet, but they actually are. I think with the SAD, we must get accustomed to the quantities of sugar that are consumed and our tastes get jaded so that something must be super-sweet for it to taste sweet any more. With this WOE, and little to no sugars, that fades away and we can actually taste things the way that nature intended us to taste them!

I thought this same thing when I was eating cucumbers the other day -- I thought I might have been losing it.

Another observation -- my daughter was ill and I gave her a chewable ibuprofen. Went to kiss her goodnight and about puked at how sugar-tasting the ibuprofen must have been. I literally was scrubbing my lips off after I left the room. Who knew?!?