You know you are LCHF when...

Options

Replies

• Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    When you get mad at your spouse for buying the good lean pork roasts instead of the yummy well marbled cheaper better roasts. Much much better after a quick soak in a marinade.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    When the steaks you pick at the store are based on how much fat they have and not how little.

Yasss! I'm a baby low-carber (former lowish fat IIFYM-er), and I still have a freezer full of blah extra lean steaks/roasts and 99% lean turkey, which honestly tastes like leather and cardboard, respectively.

Drooled over some lovely untrimmed, super marbled ribeyes at the meat counter. Not today, but you'll be mine, lovelies, as soon as I consume (and ketoize with cheese, butter, and cream) my fat free freezer stash.

Hey, great to see you here my friend! :)
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    When the steaks you pick at the store are based on how much fat they have and not how little.

Yasss! I'm a baby low-carber (former lowish fat IIFYM-er), and I still have a freezer full of blah extra lean steaks/roasts and 99% lean turkey, which honestly tastes like leather and cardboard, respectively.

Drooled over some lovely untrimmed, super marbled ribeyes at the meat counter. Not today, but you'll be mine, lovelies, as soon as I consume (and ketoize with cheese, butter, and cream) my fat free freezer stash.

I have some 99% lean turkey in my freezer too, but it's just for the protein boost. I have trouble getting enough protein in but no problems getting fats in, lol. It gets mixed in with fatty sausage ground meat and bacon for meatballs or keto chili :)
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    aserrano79 wrote: »
    When it's shark week, and you go to buy 12 hot wings to take home. Then find out they gave you boneless breaded wings. After that you cry and cry and cry. Then eat fat bombs for dinner:) because chocolate!

Or when you go to Wendys and get a bunless baconator with only cheese and bacon....and I get just the patty in a salad box. I learned to check before I leave...the "bunless" term confuses them..lol...
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    *Let me preface this by adding that I've been eating string cheese a lot lately for the first time in my life and also, I seem to have really weird dreams when LCHF*

You have a dream that you're at some sort of fair/amusement park and there is a giant string cheese the size of the Empire State Building being hoisted up by a crane a hundred feet above ground and then dropped.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    :D
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    When you order a big mac for lunch while out shopping but forget to ask for a fork, so you eat the burger out of the bun bite by bite like a duck eating bread. This was me Sunday.

Do you have a video? :D
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    When you're at the movies at the condiment bar, putting mustard on your hot dog and you casually throw away the bun... while the guy next to you watches you in horror.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My new road trip snacks - chicken wings, salami sticks and nuts. Used to be 2x bags of lollies, sandwiches and some cake or biscuits. Oh and also I now have little pottles of coconut oil in my handbag in case I need some more fat :)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    When you get caught in an awkward conversation about cake recipes and you mumble the appropriate stuff like "that sounds amazing" but deep inside you feel like a kid in the old afterschool special movies...lying to fit in! lmao

The 'peer pressure' :D
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    When you get caught in an awkward conversation about cake recipes and you mumble the appropriate stuff like "that sounds amazing" but deep inside you feel like a kid in the old afterschool special movies...lying to fit in! lmao

Ha...yes!!! Or when someone tells you a recipe and brags "and it's low fat!!"

I'm afraid I've got one of those no filter faces so I'm sure I'm saying "great" and my face is reacting like they are talking about dog poop or something! haha.

My mom and I were buying some cupcakes for a birthday dinner this week and I'm like "let's get this pack, there are only six." Mom is arguing we need more so people can have extra. Then I try to direct her to the tiny two bite cupcakes. Nope. I'm just cringing thinking people don't need ANY of these cakes. Sugar! Carbs! Cant' mom see I'm trying to help people help themselves? UGHHHH lol