TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Hola all!

So far, six of us have chimed-in regarding a team name.

The favorites thus far are:
    1st place - Fit Fives
    2nd place - Fab Fives
    3rd place - Five Star Racers

Still in contention: Fantastic Fives; Golden Rulers & Rus' Angels

1) Team 5
    2) Flying High-Fivers
    3) Five Star Hotties
    4) Fit Fives
    5) Rus' Angels
    6) Five Star Racers
    7) Five Golden Rings
    8) Golden Rulers
    9) Fab Fives
    10) Fantastic Five
    11) Sole Survivors
    12) Holy Walkamolies
    13) Lost in Pace
    14) Take a Hike
    15) Got the Runs
    16) Toe Jammers

I'm kind of wondering about The Fabulous Fit Fives... kind of incorporates the 2 faves. :smile:
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I don't get to play with this new, seemingly somewhat eclectic, team of players....

In a couple of days, I'll be going "off the grid" for a while, as I return to "work". I might pop in from time to time (if and when I can get access) to cheer you on, and to remind you that:

IT'S ALL ABOUT DOING THE CHALLENGES!!!

But, in the meantime, I'll just leave you with:

-GO TEAM 5!!!

Awe... we will miss one of the best cheerleaders Team 5 has had!! Make sure to stop in and say hello :)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Hola all!

So far, six of us have chimed-in regarding a team name.

The favorites thus far are:
    1st place - Fit Fives
    2nd place - Fab Fives
    3rd place - Five Star Racers

Still in contention: Fantastic Fives; Golden Rulers & Rus' Angels

1) Team 5
    2) Flying High-Fivers
    3) Five Star Hotties
    4) Fit Fives
    5) Rus' Angels
    6) Five Star Racers
    7) Five Golden Rings
    8) Golden Rulers
    9) Fab Fives
    10) Fantastic Five
    11) Sole Survivors
    12) Holy Walkamolies
    13) Lost in Pace
    14) Take a Hike
    15) Got the Runs
    16) Toe Jammers

I'm kind of wondering about The Fabulous Fit Fives... kind of incorporates the 2 faves. :smile:

I like it! Although Holy Walkamolies is something I say all the time, so I've got to submit at least one vote for that one! :D
  • jen_b860813
    Options
    Have you all seen the weight tracker . ?. :)

I saw this! Hopefully it will help me lose my last 19 pounds... I track my weight though and it seems as though I have only been averaging 3-4 pounds lost a month. On that track I will be hopefully able to get to within 10 pounds of my goal so that is what I am shooting for to end the challenge!
  • jen_b860813
    Options
    I believe I am friends with everyone besides @jackiep248. I did send her a request today.
  • jen_b860813
    Options
    lja860813 wrote: »
    I believe I am friends with everyone besides @jackiep248. I did send her a request today.

I apologize @jackiep248 , I am friends with you on here ;). Must have missed that. All set... friends with everyone and ready to rock this race!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    WEEK ONE: RACING TO REYKJAVIK

CHALLENGE #1: “Let’s Say Halló in Iceland!” (10 points)
    1. Friend each of your teammates
    - Completed M 10/17
    2. Tag MissionEnforcer
    3. State what town/province/state/country you are from and give a brief description of where you live (pictures are fun, but not necessary).
    - I'll embellish before EOW

CHALLENGE #2: “Drum to a Viking Beat!” (10 points)
    - I'm going to try to get these done tomorrow or Wednesday, at the latest!

CHALLENGE #3: “Fill Up at the Foss!” (5 points)

194.5/2 = 97.25 = 12-ish eight-ounce cups/day
    M 10/17 - 17 cups
    This one won't be difficult for me, I average 14 cups a day.

Minutes/Miles
    Oct. 17 100 minutes treadmill walking + 35 minutes, day 14 of the 30 Day Chest + Back + Wall Sit + Sun Salutation Challenges (I did nothing on Saturday or Sunday.) + 16 minutes stretching

Good night!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I drank all my water today :smiley:

So, the good news is that I went to the chiropractor today and she says that some cardio will help the inflammation in my back go down, so I did a slower walk/run today than usual, but still got it done.

I'm from Melfort, SK. We have had some unseasonable cold weather so far this year. 2 weeks ago, we got about a foot of snow and it hasn't melted. I've decided to accept the fact that winter is here and the snow is not going away! On the plus side, I love to cross country ski and hopefully can do it soon :wink:

Melfort is a small city of 6000. We have 3 elementary schools and a high school. I teach kindergarten and my partner is at the high school. Our motto is the city of northern nights, and you can quite often see the in the night sky (although not as bright as the ones in the iceland pictures!).

I think I am now friends with everyone on team 5! My vote for a name is Lost in Pace, followed by Five Star Racers.

@MissionEnforcer
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Excepted all friend requests (16 I think)

Drank all water for today

Exercised for 55 minutes

Working on the chant and drums challenges. TBH, that's not really what I had in mind in terms of challenges...
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Woot! Kat friended me back while in Bali, so Challenge 1 complete - everyone on the team is now friended @MissionEnforcer...

Rest of my stuff for challenge 1 (Hallo) is on page 2 of the team thread - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10468670/team-five/p2

Challenges 1 and 2 done. And I got 10 cups of water today, so 1 of 5 done for Challenge 3.

Weather is looking good for paddling tomorrow. Hope to rack up a some water mileage...now, where's my wetsuit since I'm apparently paddling through Canada instead of in FL.... :unamused:
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Okay, so I said I didn't care about the name of the team. I've changed my mind. I like Fab Five! :)

If I understand the exercise tally, I can count stretching, weights, and cardio. So, I did 196 minutes (not my norm!). 26 weights; 40 stretch; the rest cardio. I put it on the spreadsheet; if I'm wrong about how to tally we'll need to correct my time.

@lja860813: Happy Birthday (a bit late)! You've accomplished a lot in 30 years -- you're a dynamo! Glad you're on OUR team!

Challenge #1: “Let’s Say Halló in Iceland!”
    @MissionEnforcer -- I've sent friend requests to all and I think I've heard back from most...
    I live in Maine --- specifically downeast Maine (which refers to a particular area on the coast --- basically the final 1/3 of the coastline until you hit Canada). Our coastline is stunning --- no other way to describe it! The ocean water here is verrrry cold, though. You can't stay in it very long. Hypothermia in the summer isn't unheard of... yikes!

We have 4 distinct seasons... at least, we're supposed to! Spring, Fall, Winter...and mud season. We just don't have spring like most every other place. :( If you like the outdoors, Maine is good place to be. HOWEVER, the state bird here is either the black fly or the mosquito! They can be ferocious and tend to suck the joy (and blood) out of being outside sometimes... lol

Unfortunately, I'm on the wrong computer to post some pics. If I think of it, I'll do it later.

Challenge #2: “Drum to a Viking Beat!” Need to do this
    Challenge #3: “Fill Up at the Foss!” I tote around 3 (!) nalgene water bottles that carry 40oz (if I fill them up to the tippy top). My husband calls them my water barrels. I usually drink 2.5 - 3 of them everyday. Water is my drink of choice--- what can I say?? :)

I'm a little overwhelmed with keeping up with the 2 challenges I'm in... give me a poke if I'm not doing something I'm supposed to.

I think we have really good team! Lots of good energy and participation! This is going to be a fun 8 weeks! :)

@Mrscanmore: I love winter... but, this is early for a foot of snow! Zowie!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Progress:
    Challenge 1 - 10 points
    1.Friend each of your teammates. If they don’t accept your request, try again. Make sure you put a heading in your request, such as “Amazing Race - Fall Fun!”, we are team mates! If after two tries over the course of the entire week, they do not reply, inform your Team Captain. YOU will NOT be penalized if you do not get an acceptance!

I have befriended 19 of my teammates and sent requests to the other 1 on the list. I understand she's out of town though, so will resend on Wednesday, if needed :smile:

2. Tag MissionEnforcer done

3. State what town/province/state/country you are from and give a brief description of where you live (pictures are fun, but not necessary). and done

Challenge 2 - 10 points
    1. "Viking Chant" Video x3 done
    2. YouTube Video #1 x3 done , YouTube Video #2 x3, YouTube Video #3 x3

will work on the rest Tuesday/Wednesday

Challenge 3 - 5 points
    Water Challenge - 60 ounces of water 5 days out of 7

Day 1 of 5 complete- Barelyyyy got my water in today.... but it's a lot more than I've been drinking lately so good challenge! :smiley:

Minutes: 120 (25 strength, 75 cardio, 20 flex)
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi Team 5.
    I just wanted to say as are weight losses don't earn us any points for our team . I would like to give a mention at the end of the week Sunday's to our team members who have lost .

So if you are going to be tracking your weight on the tracker . and you would like to be included can i have ... your weigh in day . :)
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Update! Everyone is my friend!!! Yay.
    Drumming done. Never going to one of my favourites as my rhythm is horrible!!!
    Water is easy as I do that anyway and I am training super hard this week so need the hydration (summer is starting to show its face, now if only the wind would die down a bit!!)

Other challenges help me push hard and this week I am playing Keeper on the Wampus Quiddich team in the Ilvemory challenge so I am really pushing hard to get minutes in, but it is awesome to be at the top of the power player board. Long may it last...

Oh, and I like Fab Fives!
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer I have all my friends.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Um, I just checked the power rankings again. How can someone have 3945 minutes in one day? That is over 65 hours, and my days only have 24, not to mention the fact that there is no way I can exercise the entire day!!!

I'm guessing it is an error, but they are not on our team and I am not sure who to query it with.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Hi Team 5.
    I just wanted to say as are weight losses don't earn us any points for our team . I would like to give a mention at the end of the week Sunday's to our team members who have lost .

So if you are going to be tracking your weight on the tracker . and you would like to be included can i have ... your weigh in day . :)

Thursdays