Before Christmas 2016

Options

Replies

• MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »
    yay shadow!! that is fantastic...you are making progress!! I find a hot Epson salt bath helps sometimes. I have restless legs so I feel your pain. swimming also helps me alot with my calf...don't know why.

my legs were/are so cramps today too. I hate it I will have to wear compression socks today to get them ready for skating tonight....I'm quite the sight on the ice lol...but it's so hard I have to be getting a great burn :smile:

Tonight I'll be adding some epsom salts and some pink himalayan salt crystals to my bath water. I've also been taking Mag Phos tissue salts during the day. Not much more I can do sadly, they'll just have to recover on their own.

I've tried ice skating before...yeah no. Lol I'll stick to walking because I sucked :lol:

I've not been making progress scale wise. In fact I've gained weight. And haven't lost inches either. Things in the weight room, as far as strength is concerned, is also moving really slowly. Oh well. At least this challenge renewed my motivation. :)

Thing is - I need carbs to be able to progress with my lifts, even if it is slowly. But the carbs are making my blood sugar do summersaults. I've added some herbal medicine to control blood sugar. Because while I love having more explosive lifts, the constant cravings kinda suck. Lol.

Great job on the challenge.
    You can't have carbs not even pre and/or post workout?

I have them both pre and post workout. But they still increase cravings. Although I'm also having some issues with fatigue (which is a problem of another nature that I'm still trying to figure out), it may be because of that as well. Working out could be putting more stress on an already tired body, and so it's seeking quick energy sources. That's one of my theories anyway.

Well the body crave carbs and simple sugar when it's tired so your theory might be right.
    Are you sleeping enough?

I am yes. But still tired all the time. I've tried a few things to see if I can remedy it. But none have worked so far.

I am currently adding plenty of nutrient dense foods to my diet in an effort to seriously bump up my nutrition. Also added B-complex vitamins. Haven't seen much improvement yet, but it's too soon to tell I think. I'll reevaluate in a few weeks.

As for the carb cravings, I'm currently taking an herbal supplement called Manna. It's active ingredient is Honey Mesquite. The product slows down the release of glucose in the blood stream, basically lowering the GI of foods. It has really helped my cravings so far. It reduces that 'urgency' of needing something NOW. So I'm good with that for now. Whatever helps is great.

I haven't used manna. But maybe if you eat a little carb (grains) every day it might balance things.
    I use Ryvita bread one slice pre workout and one post workout. Both with main meals not a snack. The one slice is 6g carbs and 2g fiber
  • PerwinkleSummer
    PerwinkleSummer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mostly lurking but still here. I'd like to lose 14 lbs. by Jan. 1st. I've lost 34 since August. I struggle with sugar and carb cravings badly.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    yay shadow!! that is fantastic...you are making progress!! I find a hot Epson salt bath helps sometimes. I have restless legs so I feel your pain. swimming also helps me alot with my calf...don't know why.

my legs were/are so cramps today too. I hate it I will have to wear compression socks today to get them ready for skating tonight....I'm quite the sight on the ice lol...but it's so hard I have to be getting a great burn :smile:

Tonight I'll be adding some epsom salts and some pink himalayan salt crystals to my bath water. I've also been taking Mag Phos tissue salts during the day. Not much more I can do sadly, they'll just have to recover on their own.

I've tried ice skating before...yeah no. Lol I'll stick to walking because I sucked :lol:

I've not been making progress scale wise. In fact I've gained weight. And haven't lost inches either. Things in the weight room, as far as strength is concerned, is also moving really slowly. Oh well. At least this challenge renewed my motivation. :)

Thing is - I need carbs to be able to progress with my lifts, even if it is slowly. But the carbs are making my blood sugar do summersaults. I've added some herbal medicine to control blood sugar. Because while I love having more explosive lifts, the constant cravings kinda suck. Lol.

Great job on the challenge.
    You can't have carbs not even pre and/or post workout?

I have them both pre and post workout. But they still increase cravings. Although I'm also having some issues with fatigue (which is a problem of another nature that I'm still trying to figure out), it may be because of that as well. Working out could be putting more stress on an already tired body, and so it's seeking quick energy sources. That's one of my theories anyway.

Well the body crave carbs and simple sugar when it's tired so your theory might be right.
    Are you sleeping enough?

I am yes. But still tired all the time. I've tried a few things to see if I can remedy it. But none have worked so far.

I am currently adding plenty of nutrient dense foods to my diet in an effort to seriously bump up my nutrition. Also added B-complex vitamins. Haven't seen much improvement yet, but it's too soon to tell I think. I'll reevaluate in a few weeks.

As for the carb cravings, I'm currently taking an herbal supplement called Manna. It's active ingredient is Honey Mesquite. The product slows down the release of glucose in the blood stream, basically lowering the GI of foods. It has really helped my cravings so far. It reduces that 'urgency' of needing something NOW. So I'm good with that for now. Whatever helps is great.

I haven't used manna. But maybe if you eat a little carb (grains) every day it might balance things.
    I use Ryvita bread one slice pre workout and one post workout. Both with main meals not a snack. The one slice is 6g carbs and 2g fiber

My carbs come mainly from vegetables, lentils, beans, quinoa, gluten free oats and buckwheat at the moment. I average about 100-120g total a day now. With most of them being around workout times. Hope it evens out, but for now, manna is helping me out tons.
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've been ding LC Since Sept 26th and I've lost 7.2kgs since. I have approx 7kgs to my goal. I try to keep my carbs under 50g and cals about 1000-1200. I also IF as I don't eat breakfast (never have) so I'm very satsfied with the cals I'm eating and sometimes I struggle to get over 900. The only exercise I do is walking, with a goal of starting weights 1st Dec (just for my mental health of the scales going up with muscle gains). I also always plan my meals 1-2 days ahead so I know whats happening.

Reading about the swimming makes me want to start up again. I gave up as a teenager and was so good =(
  • btrsun10
    btrsun10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love reading everything I can about lc.
    I'm averaging around 12-15% carbs a week. I eat very little veg apart from sweet pepper and sugar snap peas.
    I'm wondering if anyone can help with my tdee?
    I walk (fast) 5,6,7 times a week for min 1 hour. I lift heavy 3 times a week for min 1 hour. This exercise is not a new regime, I've been doing this for years.
    I'm currently 155lbs, 5ft 5", 45 year old female, no health problems or medication. I aim for 1700-1800 cals per day.
    According to tdee calculators my bmr is around 1345 and tdee 2100. That is based on moderate exercise 3-5 hours a week. My job is very sedentary.....on my *kitten* 6 hours a day.
    So, would you say I am putting the numbers into the calculator accurately? Or should I increase the exercise to 5-7 hours a week? I ask because they normally state "3-5 hours moderate" or"5-7 hours strenuous". I would say they are 5-7 moderate not strenuous??
    It's so confusing!
    Thanks
  • gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween everyone! I am still in persuit of a perfect weekend but this one was better than last week so as long as there is improvement I am happy with myself. I did a half hour of cardio this morning so good start of a new week. It may be tough today but stay away from the candy ladies!
  • HawkPNP
    HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    gorilita wrote: »
    Happy Halloween everyone! I am still in persuit of a perfect weekend but this one was better than last week so as long as there is improvement I am happy with myself. I did a half hour of cardio this morning so good start of a new week. It may be tough today but stay away from the candy ladies!

You can do it -- stay away from the candy! It doesn't taste good anyway -- full of chemicals and carbage! ;)
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    SD: 9/22/16
    SW: 142.4

CD: 10/31/16
    CW: 138.4

GD: 12/10/16
    GW: 132.4 (range 127.4-135.4)

I'm halfway to my goal date. 39 days down, 40 to go. 4 lbs down and 3 lbs until I hit the TOP end of my range.

I'm definitely not going to hit the "sweet spot" of 132.4 before December 10 but that was weightloss based on .75 lb per week (135.4 was .5 lbs/week and 127.4 was 1 lb/week). As you can see from the math, I lose about 1 lb every 10 days. Also, for 2 of those weekends since creating my initial post I had carb "blowouts". I was out of town and I have a very hard time sticking to WOEs when I am out of town and not cooking for myself. *No excuse*

Right now, I'm hoping to just reach the uppermost limit of my range which is to get down to 135.4. So, from today, that's exactly 3 lbs in just under 6 weeks (40 days). At the same rate of weightloss I should be able to hit this number If I lose 1 lb every 10 days or so.

I'm hoping to amp up my progress though. The biggest culprit is I'm getting way too much protein. I've started making fat bombs again so I'm hoping that will help. Wish bacon could be just fat and no protein :-( Also, going to shave about 150-250 calories off my daily intake.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Today is nov 1st. I need to know who still in, make sure to comment today.

The ladies who still in, at the end of the day post your:
    water intake
    Carb intake (how many g from grains and how many g from veggies and fruit)
    You can also post your fat, protein and cals

For TDEE, I'll show you today how to calculate.
    Almost 5 am here, back to counting cals and my first work class after 2 weeks of light exercise and half half eating right due to travel.
    I didn't gain weight but I sure lost some muscles :(
    Not sure how my arm feels will find out shortly.

Ladies we have 8 weeks, stop snacking stop whatever wrong you're doing and focus. Starting today we will post our info.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    I want to see your numbers. Post it tonight after you're done :)
    My base is 8 cups (2L) but I try to reach 3L a day
    g330rn24eufv.png
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    I'm still in. But, lol I'm not logging this week. Because I'm eating the same thing every day. Also because I want to stop obsessing so much.

However, my water intake is most definitely more than 10 glasses (it's REALLY hot here), and ALL of my carbs come from fruit and veg. Protein should also be spot on at about 100g-ish. Fat I don't know. Calories should be good.

Food -

Breakfast - Paleo Smoothie bowl

Post workout - Green superfood protein shake

Lunch - Chicken and Bacon salad with pinapple peppers and mayo.

Dinner - Ground beef with roasted pepper pesto, mixed stir fry veg over mixed leaves.

I've decided to try and lose 2lb this month. A short cut.

Also decided to get blood tests done tomorrow. To get to the root of my fatigue. Here's hoping the doctor leaves his stupidness at home and gets serious. :weary:
  • gorilita
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yesterday I put a great workout in. My macros were as follows:
    15g carbs (all veggies)
    126g fats
    120g protein
    I drank over 100oz of water

Have not had a single bite of candy yesterday!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    I'm still in. But, lol I'm not logging this week. Because I'm eating the same thing every day. Also because I want to stop obsessing so much.

However, my water intake is most definitely more than 10 glasses (it's REALLY hot here), and ALL of my carbs come from fruit and veg. Protein should also be spot on at about 100g-ish. Fat I don't know. Calories should be good.

Food -

Dinner - Ground beef with roasted pepper pesto, mixed stir fry veg over mixed leaves.

Also decided to get blood tests done tomorrow. To get to the root of my fatigue. Here's hoping the doctor leaves his stupidness at home and gets serious. :weary:

Check the iron and thyroid.
  • Shadowmf023
    Options

Food -

Check the iron and thyroid.

Yeah I'll run a full panel.
  • bowlerae
    Options
    g330rn24eufv.png

Thought it was supposed to be 50% of you weight in oz of water so for me at 140 I've been trying to do 70 oz of water which at that rate I get really bad migraines because I just cannot keep up with my electrolytes (even drinking electrolyte water!). 54 oz is very obtainable and would not make me feel as crappy.
  • bowlerae
    Options
    I start seeing Christmas stuff everywhere in stores so we have 2 months let's focus on our goals.
    iw18nwnjcdbf.jpg

You always find the best stuff to post! Thank you.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    g330rn24eufv.png

Thought it was supposed to be 50% of you weight in oz of water so for me at 140 I've been trying to do 70 oz of water which at that rate I get really bad migraines because I just cannot keep up with my electrolytes (even drinking electrolyte water!). 54 oz is very obtainable and would not make me feel as crappy.

Honestly I've heard and read many different stuff about how much water you should drink.
    The golden rule is 8 cups (2L) a day.

Personally if I drink over 3L I feel so hungry while everyone says water will make you less hungry. I recently find out bec I have low blood pressure drinking a lot of water will make me hungry bec it will take away all the salt in my body.
    Also my coach says you must take vitamins and minerals supps bec water make you lose some of that.
    So people who drink too much water like more than 4L a day are hurting themselves.
    Too much of anything is not good even water.
  • gorilita
    Options
    24g carbs (veggies)
    141g fat
    102g protein
    100oz of water
    High intensity upper body workout plus
    10x sprints on the bike (1min low intensity, 30secs all out)
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Yesterday carb 55g (12g from grains)
    Water 2L
    Workout 2 whole body classes