QUESTIONS & ANSWERS!

Options

Replies

• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    are we doing another challenge in Jan?? I have so enjoyed this one. It was really tough on many levels but so well worth it.
    No, there won't be one in January. I will be out of town with my dad for much of December and it takes a lot of time to get these up and running. I'll see if I can talk @MissionEnforcer into a Feb-March race. I'm so happy you enjoyed this one and got something out of it! :)
    I would be SO HAPPY if you guys do another one!!! :D:D
    @lbenson2006: We'd like to thank you for helping to keep the challenge bumped up so that we had replacements coming in every week! <3

Thank you @Rigibann! You are welcome @lynnbaum. ;)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @hawkins410 and @MissionEnforcer This might be a dumb question, but instead of picking one of the weeks and doing the challenges, can we mix and match challenges from different weeks? For example, doing sumo squats (Japan) and/or the 4 mile hike (Hawaii) and/or the stairs (Transylvania/Peru) and skip all those dance videos? I've got no rhythm. I'm cool with it either way, just wondering... :)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    @hawkins410 and @MissionEnforcer This might be a dumb question, but instead of picking one of the weeks and doing the challenges, can we mix and match challenges from different weeks? For example, doing sumo squats (Japan) and/or the 4 mile hike (Hawaii) and/or the stairs (Transylvania/Peru) and skip all those annoying dance videos? I'm cool with it either way, just wondering... :)
    You don't have to do BOTH challenges from a country, just ONE of the challenges. So if you'd like to do the stairs from either Transylvania or Peru, go ahead. You don't also have to do "those annoying dance videos". However, doing half hiking and half squatting would just get too confusing, so please don't mix and match in that manner.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 and @MissionEnforcer This might be a dumb question, but instead of picking one of the weeks and doing the challenges, can we mix and match challenges from different weeks? For example, doing sumo squats (Japan) and/or the 4 mile hike (Hawaii) and/or the stairs (Transylvania/Peru) and skip all those annoying dance videos? I'm cool with it either way, just wondering... :)
    You don't have to do BOTH challenges from a country, just ONE of the challenges. So if you'd like to do the stairs from either Transylvania or Peru, go ahead. You don't also have to do "those annoying dance videos". However, doing half hiking and half squatting would just get too confusing, so please don't mix and match in that manner.

Sorry about the "annoying dance videos" comment. Sometimes I just blurt stuff out jokingly without thinking. :( I just completely suck at them. Like hardcore bad. They have been the biggest challenge of this trip for me. I literally would rather do all the squats, stairs, etc. 5 times, than have to dance! I know lots of others love the dance videos, though! <3

Thanks for answering so quickly! :D
  • hawkins410
    edited December 2016
    Options

Sorry about the "annoying dance videos" comment. Sometimes I just blurt stuff out jokingly without thinking. :( I just completely suck at them. Like hardcore bad. They have been the biggest challenge of this trip for me. I literally would rather do all the squats, stairs, etc. 5 times, than have to dance! I know lots of others love the dance videos, though! <3

No problem @jenilla1! Many racers don't like to dance & I don't like "annoying stairs"! ;):D
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Sometime stupid dances let you think outside of the box on working out. I will be first to say I didn't like some of the dancing but I started looking at other youtubes. There sure a lot of different workouts on youtube. Also the dances made us think of smaller goals 3 shorter dances added up to 25 min of a workout and you don't always have to do a 5-10 mile run. I am more excited about standup abs than the morning dance from Japan
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the dance videos - it's great to just let yourself go in the privacy of your lounge, I shall do several of them for this week's challenge! For me it's the 'strength' workouts I hate - doing squats, crunches and arm exercises are so boring to me. I think it's great that we all have different preferences - would be terrible if we all liked the same things, and I think the Amazing Race-Fall Fun had a good mix to suit everyone. :):D
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    are we doing another challenge in Jan?? I have so enjoyed this one. It was really tough on many levels but so well worth it.
    No, there won't be one in January. I will be out of town with my dad for much of December and it takes a lot of time to get these up and running. I'll see if I can talk @MissionEnforcer into a Feb-March race. I'm so happy you enjoyed this one and got something out of it! :)
    I would be SO HAPPY if you guys do another one!!! :D:D
    @lbenson2006: We'd like to thank you for helping to keep the challenge bumped up so that we had replacements coming in every week! <3

Thank you @Rigibann! You are welcome @lynnbaum. ;)

You guys are so welcome. Whatever I can do to try to help this challenge be a success and hopefully continue for years to come. ;) lol
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I did that 6 mim ab this morning. It's a good one
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

I give @hawkins410 crap about the "annoying dance videos" all the time :D ! I think she knows it's all in good fun (though I really really really do HATE the dance videos).
  • novten82
    novten82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Question on Challenge 2. When I first read it, I read it as choose one of the challenges from the list below. Do you could choose to do Its Rajio Taiso time OR Train Likea a Sumo, but you didn't have to do both. In my team chat, people are doing both. Which is correct? Thank you.
  • hawkins410
    edited December 2016
    Options
    novten82 wrote: »
    Question on Challenge 2. When I first read it, I read it as choose one of the challenges from the list below. Do you could choose to do Its Rajio Taiso time OR Train Likea a Sumo, but you didn't have to do both. In my team chat, people are doing both. Which is correct? Thank you.
    You read correctly! Here are the directions for Challenge #2:
    1.) SIMPLY CHOOSE ONE OF THE THIRTEEN ABOVE CHALLENGES
    2.) DO IT
    3.) POST ON YOUR THREAD WHICH ONE YOU DID
    4.) STATE WHY YOU CHOSE THE ONE YOU DID!
    5.) PUT 10 POINTS IN THE APPROPRIATE CHALLENGE BOX
    Therefore, you only need to do the "Rajio Taiso" OR the "Train Like a Sumo", not both. Thank you for asking! :)
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a race!! I thought I was going to have a heart attack the last 10 minutes!! Congrats to Team 1 for the tie for GOLD with the FAB FIVES! @hawkins410 are we going to have an award ceremony again?? Thanks so much for all your hard work!