Tiffany's Progress Tracking

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Wednesday - yesterday was a constant 6 regarding pain level...managed some walking, which actually helped and made my back loosen up a bit...and some stretching which helped also...all the sitting at work is killing my back more than anything, it was nice to get home so I could alternate sitting, laying, walking, and stretching...went to bed early and tried to stay on point for nutrition, but I did get into my birthday fudge a bit...oh food, thou art comforting...it did upset my stomach since I don't eat sugar much, and that helped keep me from overindulging.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Thursday - pain level started at about a 4...went to the chiro - I'm in LOVE, she's amazing and by the end of the appt I was walking and moving without pain...at least, until I had to sit in my car, sitting is still not pleasant, but even then, only about a 2 until I have to sit for a long time, then it gets back up to about a 4...didn't go back to work, after being pain free finally the though of an hour of being in pain to get back to work was too much, so I went home where I was free to stand/walk/lay down and spend the afternoon without hurting (including jumping my husband, twice, I so missed that for the few days I was hurting)...then had to get in the car to take the girl to ballet, sitting in the car was not pleasant, but I got some christmas shopping wrapped up while she was in class, and some walking in...then a nice hot shower and off to bed...I go back for another adjustment on Monday, can't wait to feel that awesome again!!!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    So sorry you're in pain Tiffany. Aleve works wonders in strained backs. Maybe if can take it, it might help some. Hope the pain is at a level 0 soon for you.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I have been taking feverfew 2x/day for pain/inflamation...it helps...I'm contemplating trying yoga out tonight, will play it by ear...also scaling back the schedule for January, less weights, more stretching and core!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    The January schedule - usually I push to get in all my workouts, but this will be more play it by ear and for goodness sake don't overdo it - I scaled back the weights to a maintenance level, beefed up the core and stretching, those will be what I consider my critical workouts since they will do the most to stabilize and support my healing back - and I removed all cardio that involved jumping, and I will be liberal with reducing intensity on the cardio if needed...it's a goal, I gotta have some kind of a goal or I just don't get anything done...

s3t6cx5so0lo.png
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Friday - I did do yoga and walking, yoga was incredibly slow on the sun salutations because bending forward is still a challenge, but slow or not, I got it done and it totally helped my back feel better so I seemed to sleep better afterward - there were lots of pops and cracks during the routine, so I think that was a good sign that it was needed.

Saturday - crazy busy day, family pictures were cancelled due to icy roads, helped a friend move - mostly I showed up with husband and teenagers in tow and they did all the heavy lifting, but I did help clean after the apartment was empty, so there was some light activity I was able to contribute, then walked some during ballet - today was the first day I sneezed and it wasn't followed by intense agony, so my back is totally getting better!

• tcunbeliever
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sunday - good day, lots of walking and yoga, plus a huge amount of cookie baking and NO cookie eating, wasn't even that tempted!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Monday - walked at lunch, that was it for exercise, but we did cookie decorating at mom's and I didn't eat any cookies...I did chow down on the chips and dip, so it wasn't a total win...and thanks to the salty chips I'm up 4 lbs today...
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    First note - now that Hogwarts is over and the next term hasn't started, I find myself less motivated to track food and exercise, bad Tiffy!

Tuesday was good - walked at lunch and on breaks, and that was pretty much it for exercise. Nutcracker performance that night, so I did a ton of standing and moving, but no deliberate exercise.

Wednesday we visited family 2 hours away and my back was very tolerant of the car ride and all the sitting/standing associated with hanging out with family. I was good with the lunch food, deviled eggs didn't last past lunch however, which left me with italian for dinner (meat and gluten), so delicious, but so not agreeing with me, I only had small amounts. I also managed to take my herbal concoctions when I got home and avoid the migraine - next time with any luck I'll remember to pack them and be able to take them with dinner.

Thursday - unhappy tummy all day from Wed dinner and didn't really eat at all until about 5pm, but, I did manage half an hour of combat in the morning, kicking knee height only and skipping the one section that has 219 kicks per leg...plus, watched the Nutcracker which was a great performance as usual!!! Then celebrated my husband's birthday dinner with sushi and wine!!!

It's been an awesome couple of days, but definitely way off my normal schedule and I have not been diligent about tracking at all!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Friday - Monday - no working out, lots of good food and plenty of alcohol

up 7 lbs as of Tuesday morning, but I'm guessing much of that is water and will come back off shortly...lets see what I can get to for new year (before I start drinking)!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Tuesday - did great at getting back on track, overslept a bit, so only 5 min of stretching in the morning, then walking at lunch, then ballet in the evening after chiro...food was ok, a bit carb heavy and low on fat, but way better than previous days...I just need to stay out of the holiday goodies!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Wednesday - overslept a LOT, dreamed about a dead friend and woke up crying, overall a terrible way to start the day, I don't recommend it at all...walked at lunch and breaks, plus did an evening class of barre + bickram yoga + pilates + yin yoga, it was lots of fun and I could barely walk after the class, so totally worked those glutes to failure...got lots of comfort from my darling husband in the form of orgasms (my favorite)...a tiny bit sore today, but not near as bad as I was expecting...
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I hope today is better for you!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Thursday was pretty good - still didn't want to drag my booty out of bed, but walked on breaks and lunch, plus did combat in the evening but didn't make it all the way through the disk...ate a bit much, but not over maintenance...
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Friday - walked a bit, then did caramel vodka shots with my mother that evening, she is such a bad influence.
    Saturday - did nothing but lay around and be hung over all day, had a bit of champagne and watched Game of Thrones to ring in the new year.

That wraps up 2016!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Sunday - Hogwarts challenge starts Monday, Game of Thrones starts today, got all my scheduled workouts in but had to shorten a couple for my back acting up, nothing major, just didn't want to push it too hard.

The new year is starting great!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Monday - all workouts completed as scheduled! Food was pretty on point, a bit carby, but not terrible...woke up at 5am SOOO HUNGRY, so got up and ate some leftovers...got everything logged which is super cool!

Did weights for the first time since the back injury and was able to complete them, no problems...was a little worried about the deadlifts, but concentrated on form and all was good...didn't go heavy on any of the weights though only 8/10 to start out...may consider increasing next week, but may just leave them light for one more week, I'll wait and see how I feel later.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Tuesday - all workouts completed as scheduled even though I was not feeling quite well after happy hour and my balance was totally screwed up for yoga...got it done anyway!!!

My stomach is still bothering me today, but not as bad as last night, so hopefully by the end of the day I'll be right as rain.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Wednesday - did good, overslept but did my morning abs as soon as I got home from work...walked at lunch and breaks...went to pilates/barre/yoga in the evening...

shark week is in full swing (ugh)
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Thursday was good, all workouts complete, plus tried a new recipe.

Friday was awful, woke up with a migraine, took drugs, called into work, and went back to bed until almost lunch time...did manage to get some stretching done...went to bed early.