Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Week5Day1 done! Monday I move on to 8...then the dreaded 20. Feeling optimistic. The 5s are feeling pretty easy.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I finished W6D2 this morning. Felt pretty good.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Week4Day1 done! Felt great! :)

• FitCurves1818
    FitCurves1818 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 2 complete
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    W6D1
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    W3D3 completed yesterday, as soon as it's light I'm going to do W4D1.
    Not ideal running on consecutive days, but life keeps getting in the way of my fitness plans!
  • CM_73
    Options
    And, W4D1 complete.
    I actually found it quite tough, but glad that it's another one ticked off :)
  • khogue1990
    khogue1990 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1 complete! Definitely had to slow down my pace to finish, but it still felt incredible!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @CM_73 Great recognizing that running on consecutive days is tough, once you have completed the C25K program and your body gets used to it - mixing in short runs on consecutive days won't be an issue.
    If you look at the other running threads there are some people who run 3-4 days in a row. Usually with a pattern of Short, Long, Rest or Xtrain, Middle, Short, Xtrain and then the rest day. People who are in training cycles for Race Events actually plan their training schedule from Race day back to present day. Lots of compromises to allow for Life Balance and prevent training overload.
    @khogue1990 Smart slowing down your pace to finish. My personal opinion is that finishing without physical injury is more important than any artificial goal. You still want to reach for that goal - which is why it's okay to repeat a day or week of a training plan.

Everyone is doing great,
  • dawnrpurvis
    dawnrpurvis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just started today W1D1. I'm Asthmatic, (exercise induced) and always thought outside running would be no no for me , but I was told to try Couch to 5k as the gradual buildup doesn't cause as much problems for my lungs.

Whilst I've been going on 1.30hr walks three times a week for the last month, it was my calves rather than my lungs that gave up first today! I must remember to stretch before and after tomorrow.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    And, W4D1 complete.

Cool! I also do two runs in a row on Sat/Sun as I do not have much time during the workdays...
    I, in fact, found W4D1 pretty easy and even did another 3 minute portion at the end just for fun! W4D2 tomorrow for me.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    madebs666 wrote: »
    Just started today W1D1. I'm Asthmatic, (exercise induced) and always thought outside running would be no no for me , but I was told to try Couch to 5k as the gradual buildup doesn't cause as much problems for my lungs.

Whilst I've been going on 1.30hr walks three times a week for the last month, it was my calves rather than my lungs that gave up first today! I must remember to stretch before and after tomorrow.
    Congrats on starting! And welcome to the group! You'll do just fine :)
  • agrima27
    agrima27 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Week 3 was intimidating at first, but I made it through. We'll see how week 4 goes! yikes :)
  • Merry_rah
    Merry_rah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    W6D3 done! Felt like a breeze! Maybe because I was on the treadmill...
  • CM_73
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    CM_73 wrote: »
    And, W4D1 complete.

Cool! I also do two runs in a row on Sat/Sun as I do not have much time during the workdays...
    I, in fact, found W4D1 pretty easy and even did another 3 minute portion at the end just for fun! W4D2 tomorrow for me.

You ran extra, just for fun?

I understand all of those words, just not in that order!! :D
    I'm very much looking forward to the day when I can enjoy it, hopefully won't be toooo far away!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    W6D3 completed here too. Forgot to put my reflective vest in my running bag. Lots of mist and fog today, so that wasn't a great idea.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    agrima27 wrote: »
    Week 3 was intimidating at first, but I made it through. We'll see how week 4 goes! yikes :)

Slow down if you need to. You've got this! It's really mind over matter from here on out.
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    madebs666 wrote: »

I was diagnosed with exercise induced asthma as a kid and was always the bench warmer in high intensity sports like basketball. Most I could play was about 2 mins at a time. I thought I would be needing to get a script for a bronchodilator but I am surprised to say that I am almost done week 5 and my lungs are dping great. I was a bit wheezy the first cpl weeks but nothing awful and I am not in need of the meds at all. Tomorrow I run 20 mins straight and am feeling confidant! I so wish I had tried something like this program in highschool, I might have made starting lineup.
  • georgiegirlma72
    georgiegirlma72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    W1D1 Sunday, W1D2 last night, think I will take a rest day today. Back at it tomorrow. I have been using my treadmill but I would much rather jog outside, I'm in MA, a bit too chilly and dark when I get out of work.