Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

Options

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Protein is low, but comes mostly from light cream and maybe one serving of a meat, fish or egg thing.
    I'm wondering if dairy could be the culprit...I have it every day with coffee. The other proteins are mixed up.

Another possible cause is candida die off.
    Ketones don't really smell bad. Just like sweet nail polish. So, strong but not bad... I guess that's a matter of opinion. But we aren't talking typical bad breath kinda of smells.
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My scale hasn't moved in over a week! Inched up .2 here and there but no loss! I was extra good yesterday and still nothing. I am going to stick with it and drink more water today, hoping for a loss! I am far from my goal weight so that's not the problem.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    RoosterDJC wrote: »

My first smoked brisket:
    83hsdfkivxsf.jpg

Oh BTW @RoosterDJC Texas law says you don't show brisket pics without sharing! :#
  • RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in North Carolina, but it is Texas style, copied from Austin's Franklin Barbecue. If you travel thru the outer banks, I'll make one just for you. Until then, you gotta hit up Franklin :smiley:
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    10-4 good buddy! lol
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    That brisket looks delicious!!
  • RoosterDJC
    Options
    What did you tweak? I'm curious what adjusted up or down to ignite the process again.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know your tweaks, too...
  • Suzanne_Pmonkey
    Suzanne_Pmonkey Posts: 387 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I found a Facebook group called Optimal Ketogenic Living where they suggest lowering your fat intake so you can burn off your body fat instead of the fat you're eating. They also focus less on macro percentages and more on gram limits and minimums. I'm shooting for less than 90g fat per day, less than 25g net carbs, at least 120g protein a day, and at least 30g protein per meal. Here's the chart m.imgur.com/gallery/vlRsbXW Once you've reached your goal weight, you ramp up your fat intake to maintain. To be fair, I've only been doing this for several days, but so far so good!
  • elize7
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Still hangIng in with keto. Trying to alter macros to suit changes in lifestyle. Losing some weight, slowly. Not freaking about scale variances since I've done due- logging-diligence for the past couple years, and really understand why it goes up and down in relation to food choices.
    Down close to 10 lbs of this 25 pound reloss drive.
    My dating state of mind is "frantic with overwhelming shades of internal distress and anxiety!" Lol! Sad, but true! At least I'm keeping that to myself and trying to own it 100 percent, and trying to sort out reality from insecurity. It's so hard for me, but I'm noticing a new kernel of self supportiveness that is present at least some of the time. Yay me! I'll be there! I'm my biggest fan!
    Fake it til you make it!!! It works! Actually, I'm trying very hard to find and be my authentic self, whenever I am able to figure out what that is.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Think I'll go listen to that on You Tube. Have a great day, pals.
  • RoosterDJC
    Options
    Did you ever read the 5 Love Languages? Did wonders for my relationship.
  • elize7
    Options
    I'll check it out. Currently reading another one that was recommended to me: by Dr. Sue Johnson, "Hold Me Tight." But I'm sure I'm way more than a one book basketcase!! Lol. Thanks so much.
  • azutorres
    azutorres Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've started a new eating lifestyle since Jan 9th & so far I've lost almost 10LBS, I will start Keto tomorrow, according to Macros calculator I need 25G fat, 60G protein & 135G fat. I need to lose about 90Lbs. I would really appreciate any friends in the same boat or advice? Thank you!
  • elize7
    Options
    Hanging on to keto for dear life in this current emotional roller coaster of times. Down almost 10 of 25 pounds to reloss goal. Things are slowing down loss wise, though. Good thing I know to expect that during this phase.
    Or I might freak out or something. Lol.
    Am also truly grateful for the present- although somewhat diminished- energy that has kicked in in spite of everything emotionally draining me.
    I'm planning on remaining present in my life no matter what happens, and to first & formost be kind to myself no matter how the cookie crumbles... if it hasn't already crumbled.
    Keto pals rule!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Elize. Glad you are in the present and handling whatever life brings you. IMO when you can control one thing in your life ( keto for me ) other things seem to fall into place as well...or at least I'm able to deal way better....you are doing amazing, keep it up !
  • gigi2892014
    gigi2892014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started Keto 3 days ago. So I am still a newbie to the whole idea. Please feel free to add me :-)