Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

Options

Replies

• rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    right I am down 12lbs since Jan. 9th ! but scale hasn't gone down in 2 days! Keto all the way!
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    rinigirl76 wrote: »
    right I am down 12lbs since Jan. 9th ! but scale hasn't gone down in 2 days! Keto all the way!

we started the same day, and we are down about the same! way too go! my scale hasn't moved either, but I know my period is just around the corner so I think that could be why.
  • paupeter
    paupeter Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    New to the thread, new to Keto. Bought my strips today and had a good day. Will wait and see how many days it takes to kick in.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I spoke too soon about keeping cravings at bay. I decided to be a couch potato on Sunday and one handful of chocolate chips turned into a sugar bender. The good news is that I was able to jump right back on plan the next day. The bad news is that I gained 5 lbs overnight and 5 days later I haven't lost any of it. I also tested my blood sugar that night and it was above 200, a number I've never seen before. I'm not diabetic or technically prediabetic, but I keep inching closer to that line and I'm high risk. So I've been testing my blood sugar often to figure out an optimal way for me to keep it low. My sugars are still elevated above the level they were at after 2 weeks of keto, but they are still ok. I'm just going to kcko, as they say!

Oh, and I had my first keto dream last night! The dream was at Red Robin with a group of people and I ordered a bunless burger and broccoli. I'll take it as a good sign, because when I dream about food it's usually because I'm restricting and I end up dreaming about eating cake or something.

Just to let you know, often once you go keto, you become hyper sensitive to carbs, especially if you were already insulin resistant and didn't know, etc.
  • Suzanne_Pmonkey
    Suzanne_Pmonkey Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    That's what I suspected @KnitOrMiss, but I'm having trouble finding any comprehensive information about it. Do you or anyone else who's reading have any good resources on blood sugar testing for non-diabetics? This could be relating to keto or just in general.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I am clueless about life. just when I think things are going my way...surprise! Not.
    Oh well the shock has brought me back to a good solid day of keto and well, what else can I do?
    Back to the drawing board.
    In all honesty, I feel bummed as heck...but I'm hoping to channel the angst into recommittment to keto. New goal: Do not eat this disappointment! KcKo.
    I'm told living well is the best revenge...so that is what i will do. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
  • elize7
    Options
    Scale going down again today, keto dragon breath returns, mood has not lifted up yet, but might soon.
    Still a little down from personal issues, but I'm strategizing for a "keeping busy to forget" push.
    One thing I did that is of concern to me in a negative way was to cancel three social occasions because I feel too vulnerable to show up amoung even my friends. Not sure that was the right move for my lifestyle priorities, but it's done now. And I really don't want to be around people while I'm so vulnerable and feeling kind of foolish and like I let myself down.
    It's not easy. Just the basics for this week... hopefully by next week, keto energy will be flying and I'll rally.
    Thanks for being here, pals.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @elize7 - I would have sworn blind I sent you hugs and all that earlier today, but it isn't showing here...

I'm sorry for the kneejerk reaction, the jerk's actions, and your vulnerability, but... (HUGS) This, too shall pass.
  • linneamintzer
    linneamintzer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    New here! Started last Monday at 231, doing p90 for exercise, weight today at 225. Not hungry, but feeling kind of down. Guess my serotonin isn't liking the diet. I'm aiming for a 2 lb per week deficit
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    If you've addressed sodium and electrolytes as an issue first, you may be correct on the serotonin issue, to a point. Gut health is a primary culprit and then food, especially carbs, mimic a serotonin response, so we feel better, even if we aren't really better, etc. Definitely worth some research. There's a good post about it either here or in the LCD group... I'll see if I can't find it for you.
  • elize7
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks Knit, I think ive finished venting here and also to a few other loyal souls. I'm feeling better, down 5.6 pounds and hoping to mobilize the feelings into progress not food. I don't understand why I ever convince myself that I want carbs. It almost always goes hand in hand with downward behavior spiraling.
    This afternoon I think I got back into the keto energy rush and my mood is pretty darn good considering.

My food plan has been much the same as my initial keto plan, but I am adding some different foods. Same structure though, same macros, and same calorie count.

I ordered some clothes and girly stuff to give myself as rewards for losing..probably
    one item every five pounds. I also have been known to give myself a reward after a very frustrating scale episode or emotional time so I don't turn to food for comfort. I also did that in the beginning and stopped doing it when I got to maintenence...then regained 30 pounds. I think that retail therapy will now also be part of my maintenance plan as well when I get back there, since I seem to do better with a tangible reward to work for.
    Tonight, I'll be painting again. Luv myself first.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Luv myself first. Best advice ever Elize!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @elize7 Sounds like the most awesome thing ever. I'd probably pair my retail therapy with a regular talk therapy session, just for regular venting, money allowing! I have about the hardest time ever spending money on myself, but I think that's mostly because I'm in the red far more often than the black! It wasn't quite so hard when I had more funds available in a previous life...of course, I wouldn't go back there for all the tea in China, but it is what it is! Glad you found the sunnier side. :)
  • elize7
    Options
    Have been doing well, keeping purposely busy. Had a bit too much of a nut binge...when will I learn?....but overall not too bad food wise.
    I do have a talk therapy person and yes, I vent. It does help.
    I've logged my foods for tomorrow, so hopefully fully on track. The nuts are going out to the car tonight when I take out the trash.
    Feeling a little upset about isolating from a couple social things I dearly luv, due to raw feelings, but I still think it's best to circle the wagons until I can be more emotionally stable in front of friends. Eventually, when I go back to my dance night, I want to still have at least a shred of dignity. Almost as upsetting as the ill fated romance is the loss of my favorite place to spend time with mutual friends. Such a mess. But I think I'm doing the right thing for long term reparations of this dastardly situation.
    It sucks, but is good for weight loss, I guess. To think...I came so close to actually having a Valentine this year.
    Drat.
  • shmily76
    shmily76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need help. Been doing Keto over a month. No weight loss. Working out 4 days a week, 20 min cardio, 20 min HIIT, images of today's log attached. Keto stix show I'm in Keto. What am I doing wrong?! And no, no changes in measurements, so it's not shifting. I'm so frustrated.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    shmily76 wrote: »
    I need help. Been doing Keto over a month. No weight loss. Working out 4 days a week, 20 min cardio, 20 min HIIT, images of today's log attached. Keto stix show I'm in Keto. What am I doing wrong?! And no, no changes in measurements, so it's not shifting. I'm so frustrated.

I know they say "look at net carbs" but you might need to be someone who uses total carbs (I am one of those people), also, peanuts/butter is technically a personal choice, but can cause havoc in some people. Might give it a try and eliminate that.
    Your protein is also very high. Women should try and stay 50-75grams. And fat should be at least 50% more than protein. Your macros have those 2 pretty close right now.

Excess protein can actually turn into stored fat like a carb or sugar would.

You've been doing a great job with the work outs! I would suggest lowering your carbs to a total carb amount of 20 and lowering your protein to 75 with no peanuts. Give it a try for a week and see if the scale moves!