Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

Options

Replies

• ShamanDiva
    ShamanDiva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Keto Clan, I started Keto on 2/12/2017 after many years of on and off Low Carbing. Seems my body clock has stopped, so now it's time to kick start Keto as ordered by my doctor. I'm still reverting to my old ways watching the carbs and forgetting that it's FAT over Protein macro's...Here to get some motivation and friends who are successful on this WOL...LET'S GO KETO.... B)
  • pdlievsa
    pdlievsa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all! New to MFP, but I'm glad I found your community. I just want to introduce myself as well as my goals, in hopes that it well help me with accountability! My name is Parker, I'm a 23 year old student who's getting married in less than 3 months. At my a couple months ago I was 298 pounds, I hopped on the keto train off and on, and am sitting at 265 right now. I'm 2 weeks into keto, no cheating, and I'm feeling really great. My goal is to hit 235 by my wedding day, a number I haven't seen on the scale since early highschool. I look forward to getting to know you all, as well as hopefully providing support for you. KCKO!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Welcome new keto family!

@pdlievsa congrats on your pending nuptials!! Good luck with keto, don't let the stress of a wedding derail your goals!

@elize7 Stressful times are hard for any deliberate way of eating. Keep your head up and remember Keep calm and keto on!!!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I have derailed on a few meals throughout the week and I'm feeling the effects of it. A long weekend with some spring-like weather is on the horizon, so I am reminding myself that I need to keep on keeping on!! I refuse to let carb creepage in a few meals (not days, just meals!) destroy the progress I have been making (and most importantly FEELING), over the last 1.5 months!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Welcome keto newbies...glad you found us here, and best of luck to you all. There are many wise soles on this thread and through out the Low Carb Forum, so buckle up- You are about to learn so much!!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    You've got this kimberwolf71
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Better to fight back a few bites in than a few.months in!
  • ShamanDiva
    ShamanDiva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! What goals can I use in MFP for sodium and sugars? I am tracking carbs, fats and proteins and something kicked me out of ketosis yesterday. Today is a new day, I am optimistic to get back on the wagon...LOL
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Sodium 3-5,000 mg. Sugars as low as possible. Zero or incidental found in whole foods is preferable. That's why there are very little fruits that are keto approved. And even then you would want to only eat those a few times a week, if that.
  • ibarra97adriana
    ibarra97adriana Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there, starting Keto today , 2.20.17. I just want to become healthy and lose around 30 pounds. I hope this works out for me.
  • RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Welcome! How did you start your first day?

I went a little off the wagon yesterday, 42 carbs...yikes! But I only ate about 1500 calories so I don't really feel bad about it. And it wasn't even bad stuff, I added coleslaw and some bbq sauce on a chicken leg.

MFP tells me "you'd be 219lbs in 5 weeks if you keep eating like this". I'm 239 right now...well thanks MFP!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    I love it when MFP tells me how much I'll lose!!
  • fairytink2u
    fairytink2u Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Been doing keto since Jan 2, lost 17 pounds so far:)) still tweaking it because I am insulin resistant so I am trying to find the right combo to keep losing weight. And friends would be great to have!
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    been stalled for a few weeks and today the scale finally started moving down again. So thankful. February was a tough month as I only lost 2lbs (18lbs the month before that). I am hoping that march goes much smoother. I have cut out my morning coffee and increased my water even more.
  • XavierNusum
    Options
    Hey there, starting Keto today , 2.20.17. I just want to become healthy and lose around 30 pounds. I hope this works out for me.

So, how have your first couple of days been??

been stalled for a few weeks and today the scale finally started moving down again. So thankful. February was a tough month as I only lost 2lbs (18lbs the month before that). I am hoping that march goes much smoother. I have cut out my morning coffee and increased my water even more.

That's good to hear! All you did was cut morning joe? Wow, was it like super keto-fied, fat bomb proof coffee? All joking aside I'm interested, because I drink mine with just HWC and stevia and add little to my caloric or carb count.
  • XavierNusum
    Options
    Just spent 48 hours with the 24 hour stomach bug! Yay {sarcasm}. About 12 hours in I realized that the B-R-A-T diet was not gonna work for me......I was left in a bit of a pickle and sadly without actual pickles. Alas I lived to tell the tale. I made if with several servings of broth from canned chicken noodle soup(what was in the house) and a slice and a half of wheat toast. I honestly didn't care about carb count, but still steered clear of extra carby stuff.

It makes me wonder though, how does a keto lifer survived a stomach virus? What are your "go to" keto approved survival bites? Or is there such a thing?
  • RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @XavierNusum Dude, you upped your profile pic game...

I haven't gotten sick since I started, but when I do, its going to be a lot of liquids, diet ginger ale and buttered keto bread.
  • XavierNusum
    Options
    @Roosterdjc I had to do something to lift the depression of being out of the gym for 4 whole days! :'(
    :D
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @XacierNusum

ha, all it was is coffee and HWC (no sweetener, oil, butter, nothing) not sure if that is what was actually stalling me, or if it was a coincidence. I do love my coffee, but if I need to have it in the afternoon vs morning than I am ok with that.
  • XavierNusum
    Options
    @XacierNusum

ha, all it was is coffee and HWC (no sweetener, oil, butter, nothing) not sure if that is what was actually stalling me, or if it was a coincidence. I do love my coffee, but if I need to have it in the afternoon vs morning than I am ok with that.

You know it may be the fasting aspect, if you're not having breakfast with that coffee. If mornings were just the coffee and now coffee is with lunch or just later in the day, it may be the extended fast. The HWC in my coffee is the only reason I don't consider myself fasting. Interesting.