Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I think most keto folks stick with broth and eggs, shockingly enough, because they aren't heavy on a keto stomach as they are on a SAD dieters.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @XacierNusum

ha, all it was is coffee and HWC (no sweetener, oil, butter, nothing) not sure if that is what was actually stalling me, or if it was a coincidence. I do love my coffee, but if I need to have it in the afternoon vs morning than I am ok with that.

You know it may be the fasting aspect, if you're not having breakfast with that coffee. If mornings were just the coffee and now coffee is with lunch or just later in the day, it may be the extended fast. The HWC in my coffee is the only reason I don't consider myself fasting. Interesting.

Could be! I am staying away from my morning coffee all week and see what happens! In the last 2 mornings I have lost 2.5lbs (from a 3 week stall). so I am pumped right now :)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Still hanging tough with everything but the food plan this week. Had a few days where i just wanted to eat food- not triggers- just not so much keto. A kind of indulgence that seemed to go along with some very nice feelings. Very unusual for me to choose not to prioritze dieting. Often I mess up, but its not usually a choice made by me. Not sure if it was a good thing or not, but I'm finished for now.
    Heading back to a low carb plan for the weekend and back to keto for next week.
    Still trying to stay in the present with my feelings and so far, I'm liking it.
    Might have some water weight and one or two lbs to shed in terms of damage. Im okay with that.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @elize7 - it makes me smile to hear you doing so well! Adjusting on the fly!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    It makes me wonder though, how does a keto lifer survived a stomach virus? What are your "go to" keto approved survival bites? Or is there such a thing?

I've not had a stomach virus but if I ever did: Crackers. Plain old ordinary crackers. Probably with a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle if I felt like eating but didn't feel like making some homemade chicken noodle soup.
  • maggiegbrown
    maggiegbrown Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey you guy's it's been a while! I am scared and excited at the same time, I am 10 lbs. from goal, and it seems I am jumping backing and forth with the same 3 lbs. I feel like I am sabotaging myself so I don't get there. Does anyone ever feel like this happens to them when they set a goal. How do you break it?
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Back in my old carby days, I couldn't even tolerate saltines. I had to get baby graham crackers. Even animal crackers were too much. That and ginger ale or sprite...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Back in my old carby days, I couldn't even tolerate saltines. I had to get baby graham crackers. Even animal crackers were too much. That and ginger ale or sprite...

Ginger ale is good. I remember my Mom always giving us ginger ale. Did your green cardamom seeds ever arrive?

ETA: I mean pods.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Hey you guy's it's been a while! I am scared and excited at the same time, I am 10 lbs. from goal, and it seems I am jumping backing and forth with the same 3 lbs. I feel like I am sabotaging myself so I don't get there. Does anyone ever feel like this happens to them when they set a goal. How do you break it?

Honestly? I stopped setting goals. I had more of...ranges and maybes. But I'm stuck in this thyroid loop right now, and it's making me crazy. Best of luck for you to find your way out..
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I was concerned about this week since I didn't get my food prep done over the weekend and I had a few struggles last week... The worry was for nothing!! I have managed to be almost bang on which is shocking since my failure to plan almost always ensures planning to fail. Anyway, I am thrilled with my numbers plus my mood and energy levels are through the roof! Have a great weekend everyone! Even if we slip in a moment, we can immediately get back on track!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    We worry because it matters, and because we worry, we compensate. Glad your week was a success, @kimberwolf71
  • elize7
    Options
    Serious mood swinging here. Dont do life real well. Am wondering why i thought it was such a great idea to lose my protective fat and live life. It might have been a bad choice.
  • fairytink2u
    fairytink2u Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Serious mood swinging here. Dont do life real well. Am wondering why i thought it was such a great idea to lose my protective fat and live life. It might have been a bad choice.

You can do this!! You are strong on the inside<3 nothing is more beautiful than believing in yourself, you've come this far, just keep taking it one step at a time<3 <3
  • elize7
    Options
    Thanks fairytink, and congrats on your success.
    The struggles are always changing and once most of the weight was lost, the really painful task of taking risks and losing big time just seems overwheming and really, really hurts and triggers all my insecurities. I have no intention of giving up, just had a moment of too much hurt. It comes and goes. Just trying to learn new ways to regroup after a shattering disappointment; but have to say sometimes I'm just not able to cope well.
    At least I've stopped regaining and am even backtracking to my new goal weight. 15 more pounds to go.
    Wish i could find a way to be happy with just myself, but that hasn't happened... no matter how I try to do all the self esteemy things. Just never feel worthy all on my own. It would solve a lot of my issues if I could just figure out that piece of the puzzle.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @elize7 - That sounds like time for a therapy reboot. (HUGS)
  • elize7
    Options
    Ha!! Therapy is my middle name. Sometimes it helps.
    Anyway, taking advantage of this time to really focus on making progress. Seems like this is the time of year where most of my health and loss goals work best. By mid summer, I usually fizzle out and back track some...while still holding on to some of the progress made. Would like to use this time to make progress and not hit that burn out zone in a few months. I really am not that far from a reasonable body weight now, just would like to get back into the clothes I bought last year. Size 12. Thats it.
    I started a pretty doable daily activity plan which I feel pretty motivated to do right now, and I'm hoping the endorphins also help with my emotions.
    So, making plans to get through the next couple weeks...going to visit my son on The Cape, going to a new dance night with new friends and hopefully meet new people, mega sorting/mending and storage organizing projects all lined up and ready to go, looking to add a second part time job since i dont get enough hours. After all that, I should be able to settle down.
    Its not the first time I've been to the break-up party. My least favorite party, for sure. The first few days are the hardest. Thank God I made so many friends this year. It really helps. Many thanks to all my pals.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    My week is going well so far. Weekend good prep was basic with some soup for my work lunches and two different styled meat loaves that we are supplementing with veggies of some sort. Started the C25K plan during my lunch hour with a friend. Tomorrow will be day 2 or should I say a repeat of day one!! Still did my two usual nights at the gym. I'm very excited about this renewed energy and motivation! !
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    an incredibly busy RRSP season at work resulting in strep throat and severe back pain, little to no sleep... I am plugging away, but feeling like death. I really hope next week is better.
  • elize7
    Options
    In the interest of my sanity, not to mention my food and health goals...ive decided to give up my dance/social nights until such time as i regain my equilibrium.
    Too much life and living without proper defences in place has not been good for me.
    Im thinking regroup and start all over in about 6 months.
    Sad about it, but feel relieved.