Options

Replies

• CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    CM_73 wrote: »
    W4D2 complete!

Quite tough again, but this one was through a muddy woodland with some fair sized hills so quite pleased I survived it let alone completed it!

Great job! Catch up!

Done!

W4D3 complete :)

Annoyingly, I'm away on a 5 day residential course tomorrow morning so I don't know if I'm going to be able to start week 5.
    I'll take my running gear with me, but if I fall off the radar for a few days then I've very much not given up, just unable to run or update here.

Nice little message popped up on my app when I finished today, apparently most people who get half way go in to successfully complete the program :) So, there is hope!

• showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    @woodwardtm we are on the same day! I am hoping to get mine done tonight.... :) Glad your back hasn't slowed you down too much..... I know how debilitating it can be!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »
    New here, but completed W5D2 this morning. Not looking forward to W5D3.

You'll do great. Don't worry about speed, just keep your feet moving.

Not so much. Ended up with insomnia (happens from time to time) so at about 4 am I reset my alarm to my after treadmill time thinking if I was awake, I'd go, but if I was still sleeping, I needed that more. Slept until the alarm went off.

I'll tackle it tomorrow.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »
    New here, but completed W5D2 this morning. Not looking forward to W5D3.

You'll do great. Don't worry about speed, just keep your feet moving.

Not so much. Ended up with insomnia (happens from time to time) so at about 4 am I reset my alarm to my after treadmill time thinking if I was awake, I'd go, but if I was still sleeping, I needed that more. Slept until the alarm went off.

I'll tackle it tomorrow.

You'll get it!
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was snowed in this week and it is finally melting. I planned to put my shoes on this evening after work but I was up at 430 am and just couldnt do it. I am on W5D3. 20 mins is psyching me out. But tomorrow morning I will get it done. Pinky swear.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    After a lot of traveling for work I finally had the time to do the program today!

Week 8 Day 1 complete B)
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Week 7 day 2 is done. Nice running conditions here. I'm ready for Spring.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Came home from work yesterday and had a nap. Felt better after dinner so started to walk on the treadmill watching hockey. Second period I decided what the hell and turned on my phone for the W5D3 and did it. Started at my usual 4.5 mph, slowed to 4 at the 10 min mark and to 3.5 with 2 mins left. Didn't like my HR. Next time I will start at 4 and leave it there.

My team lost though. They should win if I'm running on the treadmill during the game. Just seems fair to me.
  • khogue1990
    khogue1990 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 3 is complete! I never thought I would actually make it this far! There is definitely a mental block that I need to work through before starting Week 5.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    W6D3 done today on the slippery snowy trails at the state park. Slow pace but twice the work just trying to get traction.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. It's been a while since i finished c25k, but i wanted to share my progress with you. Take a look at the 2 runs below and why we say to take it slow. Speed comes with time and distance.
    dt19wxb4alb0.jpg
    szx2wjux7f74.jpg

I will never be one of those people that can run a 5k in 20' , my body is not built for it. I think 30' is not an unrealistic goal though.
    @jennypapage A perfect example of why so many experienced runners keep saying not to worry about your speed, just keep putting in the distance and the speed will magically start coming around.

As you add more distance on your runs your whole Cardio-Vascular system improves, Leg-Body strength and General Technique which all cause your speed to slowly increase.

Quite often I don't use a Running Watch, but rather with just a simple cheap Wrist Watch that just tracks basic time on my feet.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    W5D1 complete. With each workout I'm feeling more and more like a runner! Going from feeling like death after jogging for 30 seconds to a minimum to someone who can jog 5 min at a time is something I can't believe. This program has me surprising myself.

just wait until the 30' mark.it feels awesome.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Hey guys. It's been a while since i finished c25k, but i wanted to share my progress with you. Take a look at the 2 runs below and why we say to take it slow. Speed comes with time and distance.
    dt19wxb4alb0.jpg
    szx2wjux7f74.jpg

I will never be one of those people that can run a 5k in 20' , my body is not built for it. I think 30' is not an unrealistic goal though.
    @jennypapage A perfect example of why so many experienced runners keep saying not to worry about your speed, just keep putting in the distance and the speed will magically start coming around.

As you add more distance on your runs your whole Cardio-Vascular system improves, Leg-Body strength and General Technique which all cause your speed to slowly increase.

Quite often I don't use a Running Watch, but rather with just a simple cheap Wrist Watch that just tracks basic time on my feet.

That's right @juliet3455. i have worked my distance up to 11k and aiming for the 15k mark. I felt the change on my speed when i was training from the 5 to the 10k. That's when my legs stopped feeling so tired while running.I'm guessing that was the point my leg muscles and bones finally caught up.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    emerrywe wrote: »
    I did it! W5D3! 20 mins non stop. Not bad at all. I even ran uphill for the last 5 mins! I was slooooow. But I kept my feet moving. It was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.

Awesome! Congratulations!!!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Did W5D1 yesterday and W5D2 today. Eight minute runs are tough, but not terrible. Looking forward to a 20 min run on Tuesday! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Came home from work yesterday and had a nap. Felt better after dinner so started to walk on the treadmill watching hockey. Second period I decided what the hell and turned on my phone for the W5D3 and did it. Started at my usual 4.5 mph, slowed to 4 at the 10 min mark and to 3.5 with 2 mins left. Didn't like my HR. Next time I will start at 4 and leave it there.

My team lost though. They should win if I'm running on the treadmill during the game. Just seems fair to me.

Awesome! :)