100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Good job walking with the weather the way it is! That is dedication! I have been on the computer a little too much and it is hard getting things done. Before I know it, my day slips away. I like to check my fitbit, log in here, and get my emails read. And catch the news. I really need to look at my church and rescue dog groups later, but it is hard to get out of that habit!

I am sorry about the steak and fries and cheesecake! I know how you feel. Delicious but the carbs make you feel heavy and sluggish! If you can get back on track immediately, you will feel great by just doing so! Sometimes it is a good wake up for your body to eat differently, and resets your metabolism running again, if you only do it one day! You usually turn around pretty quickly though! :)

Glad for the humor! That is my next stop!

Val, keep us updated on the doctor's report after you go. I hope you will be feeling better soon. This has been a rough year for sinus problems. The short to almost no cold spells is making them do allergy reports now, when it is usually not a problem. :/

Hope the week-end is good for all! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Good job walking with the weather the way it is! That is dedication! I have been on the computer a little too much and it is hard getting things done. Before I know it, my day slips away. I like to check my fitbit, log in here, and get my emails read. And catch the news. I really need to look at my church and rescue dog groups later, but it is hard to get out of that habit!

I am sorry about the steak and fries and cheesecake! I know how you feel. Delicious but the carbs make you feel heavy and sluggish! If you can get back on track immediately, you will feel great by just doing so! Sometimes it is a good wake up for your body to eat differently, and resets your metabolism running again, if you only do it one day! You usually turn around pretty quickly though! :)

Glad for the humor! That is my next stop!

Val, keep us updated on the doctor's report after you go. I hope you will be feeling better soon. This has been a rough year for sinus problems. The short to almost no cold spells is making them do allergy reports now, when it is usually not a problem. :/

Hope the week-end is good for all! ..Jan

Hi Jan
    It appears from the weather forecast I saw from this morning that Sunday morning I will be out in the rain :( Oh well, still better than sleet or snow, especially better than Sleet or Freezing Rain.

I got back on the start of a 100% NS day today. So I do feel better today as You predicted.

Wow, Allergy reports in February, Hmm...

Enjoy the humor
    Roger
  • Jamie7861
    Jamie7861 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lost 100 once
    Gained it back and am trying to lose it again
    40 pounds down 60 to go! Add me!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie, Welcome! I previously lost 80#, then got injured and immobile (and depressed), so regained 70. I only recently started back again. Are you on NS? Or what is your approach to food? ~Val
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi Jamie!
    Glad you are here! I have a lot to lose myself. I think I have been losing a few of the same pounds several times. But I will get there slow and steady and I know you can too! I have added more protein and have to watch my carbs. MFP has a great food tracker, and support sure seems to help! :) ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8092 steps, The temperature is 33 degrees and that is colder than yesterday. It drizzled for a few minutes while I was walking and the streets were wet when I went out the door. There is a possibility of freezing rain or sleet or rain for my area, They can not seem to make up their minds :) they are showing icy conditions north of me. Luckily It stayed only wet and the traction was good and most of the sidewalks were clear from yesterdays warm temperature. There was a raw feel to the air as there was a breeze, I had the hood up on the Hoodie and Rain jacket which It did drizzle somewhat.

I stopped at the grocery store and picked up some in the shell nuts and a couple of Black Plums for variety.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Jamie7861 wrote: »
    Lost 100 once
    Gained it back and am trying to lose it again
    40 pounds down 60 to go! Add me!

Hi Jamie
    Welcome to the post :)

I am sure You can do it, Losing is actually easier IMO than maintaining which is a entirely different learning process.
    I am working at maintenance and so far so good. What works is if I overeat one day like I did Friday, I go back into weight loss mode until I am back where I want to be. Otherwise if I am at goal I add a extra fruit and a little extra protein. As an example when I have my cereal for breakfast I may add an extra ounce of milk and have a extra orange, Apple or Plum for the day.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Hi Jamie, Welcome! I previously lost 80#, then got injured and immobile (and depressed), so regained 70. I only recently started back again. Are you on NS? Or what is your approach to food? ~Val

Hi Val
    There was a good reason to be depressed by those happenings, sadly. However You are recovered as I see it.
    I know I put on the weight when I went from physical work to a inside job sitting all day due to not changing my eating habits.

Congratulations on this: 14 hours ago, burned 426 calories doing 60 minutes of Gardening, general
    Roger
    Hi Jamie!
    Glad you are here! I have a lot to lose myself. I think I have been losing a few of the same pounds several times. But I will get there slow and steady and I know you can too! I have added more protein and have to watch my carbs. MFP has a great food tracker, and support sure seems to help! :) ..Jan

Hi Jan
    I know I have lost the same pounds more than once. I hate to think how many diets I tried before hitting NS and losing the tasty easy way. Much of their frozen and not frozen is tasty. The ones I do not like it is due to the heat in them and I have a No heat in my food type of pallet.

Congratulations on avoiding Temptation and being able to report 14 hours ago, burned 426 calories doing 60 minutes of Gardening, general
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi All,

I am so proud of myself at church! I had 3 meatballs, grapes, and a piece of cantaloupe! I passed up the most delicious looking casseroles (like 8 of them) and the most fabulous homemade pies and desserts (like 12!) and stuck to proteins and low carbs! It was a miracle.

I was doing communion this month and when I got there we were out of grape juice. So quick emergency run for gas as I was on empty, (going to get on way home), then to a chevron that has grape juice, and it was gone.... The Chevron was there for thirty years, and apparently shut down this last week or so, lol. So hopped on the freeway 1 short exit away and stopped at Publix, making a circle back to church which is a street away from Publix. Missed morning small group, but made it to finish communion before church started, and still got to go the bathroom before the singing started! Due to the crazy morning, I hit 5,000 steps by 2 pm. Should be a good rest of the day! :smiley:

I have an hour of quiet and then have to head to small group tonite. I have to tack on an extra 15 minutes as we are meeting at a friend's house instead of the church. Quick turn around today for this old person! Can't complain as the lady and gentleman where I am going to are like 79 and 83, and can run circles around me by all they do! Shows me I need to get in shape seriously this time!

Thanks for the shout out for achievements, Roger, always a plus! (the gardening might have been Val,) but I definitely avoided some temptation! Twice this week! You did a good job walking, I am surprised it was not slippery! The last time you stopped for some nuts, my mental picture was of a couple crazy people at first. :# This time was more prepared, especially as you said shelled! LOL! Have a great Monday!
    ...Jan B) 76 degrees and humid!
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit exactly 8700 steps at my return home :) The temperature is 34 degrees and that is a whopping 1 degree warmer than yesterday. The streets were looking dry when I went out the door. We had mostly rain yesterday where I am with a few icy pellets hitting the window a couple of times. The Local news reports last night showed icy conditions ans snow north of me. Some areas picked up a few inches if the white stuff.

I was able to work my around the few slippery spots I encountered.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All,

I am so proud of myself at church! I had 3 meatballs, grapes, and a piece of cantaloupe! I passed up the most delicious looking casseroles (like 8 of them) and the most fabulous homemade pies and desserts (like 12!) and stuck to proteins and low carbs! It was a miracle.

I was doing communion this month and when I got there we were out of grape juice. So quick emergency run for gas as I was on empty, (going to get on way home), then to a chevron that has grape juice, and it was gone.... The Chevron was there for thirty years, and apparently shut down this last week or so, lol. So hopped on the freeway 1 short exit away and stopped at Publix, making a circle back to church which is a street away from Publix. Missed morning small group, but made it to finish communion before church started, and still got to go the bathroom before the singing started! Due to the crazy morning, I hit 5,000 steps by 2 pm. Should be a good rest of the day! :smiley:

I have an hour of quiet and then have to head to small group tonite. I have to tack on an extra 15 minutes as we are meeting at a friend's house instead of the church. Quick turn around today for this old person! Can't complain as the lady and gentleman where I am going to are like 79 and 83, and can run circles around me by all they do! Shows me I need to get in shape seriously this time!

Thanks for the shout out for achievements, Roger, always a plus! (the gardening might have been Val,) but I definitely avoided some temptation! Twice this week! You did a good job walking, I am surprised it was not slippery! The last time you stopped for some nuts, my mental picture was of a couple crazy people at first. :# This time was more prepared, especially as you said shelled! LOL! Have a great Monday!
    ...Jan B) 76 degrees and humid!
    Hi Jan
    It would have been very tough for me to pass delicious looking Casseroles, Pies and other Desserts. Congratulations on being strong and resisting temptation.

Congratulations on the steps and getting the Juice too. It is always a shame when something that has been there a log time goes away :(

I had not even looked at it that way, Thank You for the humorous picture of me stopping to talk to crazy people.
    Interesting? fact, The first time I saw someone walking across a grocery store parking lot talking to empty air, I thought crazy person, beware :) Then it dawned on me, Wireless earpiece for a cell phone :)

You are doing a good job, I noticed this post 9 hours ago, completed her food and exercise diary for 2/12/2017 and was under her calorie goal.
    Once again You rocked it
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    New Humor today too :)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Puppy-sat this past weekend. They are just adorable healthy babies. As with any babies, they needed considerable attention but it was seriously fun! Lasiks is really effecting what i can do. The worst is bending down and standing up (like picking up after the dogs, and feeding the dogs). Every change in elevation notably impacts my brain to the point of being unable to do that....which then creates other problems.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Morning!

Roger, thanks for the encouraging words! I am actually using less energy in fighting temptation by upping my proteins and good fats and eating vegetables than when I eat more carbs, even restricting them. This just seems to be a good choice for my body, I think because I am so carb sensitive. It is real interesting. I had a lot of fruit yesterday, and just about had a heart attack realizing what my carb level was, although I ate healthy. I gained no weight, so that was good to know! I just will plan a little better in eating my fruits and not neglect my veggies. I am having a salmon hash with eggs over it for breakfast. (no potato though!) I may incorporate a sweet potato in there for a change up later.

I know what you mean about laughing at people talking to the air! When some of these first devices came out, an aid I worked with wore it working (like she was some rock star!) Several times she would walk to us talking to herself, which was a little frightening! Finally realized it for what it was! So did her supervisor, so in short order she was told "NO"! LOL! :D

You are a trooper getting out to walk in those conditions! I always hated those in between days when the weather could not make up it's mind! also great job for getting right back to better eating! :)

Val, I am sorry the med is doing you that way. I do not have those symptoms, except occasional loss of balance, but with all my meds, it is hard to know what med does it, or more likely a combination of them. That is aggravating! If you have the start of infection, I am sure that would not help. Hopefully, you will get some answers with your appointment! You may need a change of diuretic.

On the brighter side, I am envious of all those puppies! Such a good age and so much fun! I was wondering what all your dogs thought of them! ;)

Take care all!! Checking out the "funnies!" ..Jan B) ..a little brisk and windy!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and currently I am at 9464 steps. The temperature is 28 degrees and that is colder than yesterday. Tomorrow is Senior Discount day at the Grocery Store so the plan is to stop in while walking and buy some Bananas and see what other fruits look good.

Today I had a Ready to drink Protein shake and as I was flattening the carton I wondered to myself am I the only one that leaves the lid loose, then flattens it and tightens the lids to keep them flat?

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    FWIW I plan on more new humor in a couple of hours in addition to the link posted below :)

I saw this posted elsewhere, Cat Humor
    http://cheezburger.com/1540101/10-funny-pictures-that-will-make-you-say-this-is-not-my-cat?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+ICanHasCheezburger+(I+CAN+HAS+CHEEZBURGER)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Puppy-sat this past weekend. They are just adorable healthy babies. As with any babies, they needed considerable attention but it was seriously fun! Lasiks is really effecting what i can do. The worst is bending down and standing up (like picking up after the dogs, and feeding the dogs). Every change in elevation notably impacts my brain to the point of being unable to do that....which then creates other problems.
    Hi Val
    I am sorry to hear that You are still having problems with the Lasik, Have You talked to Your doctor regarding trying something different to see if You can avoid the side effects?

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Morning!

Roger, thanks for the encouraging words! I am actually using less energy in fighting temptation by upping my proteins and good fats and eating vegetables than when I eat more carbs, even restricting them. This just seems to be a good choice for my body, I think because I am so carb sensitive. It is real interesting. I had a lot of fruit yesterday, and just about had a heart attack realizing what my carb level was, although I ate healthy. I gained no weight, so that was good to know! I just will plan a little better in eating my fruits and not neglect my veggies. I am having a salmon hash with eggs over it for breakfast. (no potato though!) I may incorporate a sweet potato in there for a change up later.

I know what you mean about laughing at people talking to the air! When some of these first devices came out, an aid I worked with wore it working (like she was some rock star!) Several times she would walk to us talking to herself, which was a little frightening! Finally realized it for what it was! So did her supervisor, so in short order she was told "NO"! LOL! :D

You are a trooper getting out to walk in those conditions! I always hated those in between days when the weather could not make up it's mind! also great job for getting right back to better eating! :)

Val, I am sorry the med is doing you that way. I do not have those symptoms, except occasional loss of balance, but with all my meds, it is hard to know what med does it, or more likely a combination of them. That is aggravating! If you have the start of infection, I am sure that would not help. Hopefully, you will get some answers with your appointment! You may need a change of diuretic.

On the brighter side, I am envious of all those puppies! Such a good age and so much fun! I was wondering what all your dogs thought of them! ;)

Take care all!! Checking out the "funnies!" ..Jan B) ..a little brisk and windy!

Hi Jan
    You are not alone being carb sensitive, Welcome to the club :)
    It took me many years to realize I was a card carrying member of the carb sensitive club.

I just feel that it needs doing and if I feel it will be safe to walk albeit uncomfortable I walk. There have been a few times in the winter where I thought it would be OK and then shortly realized I was wrong and boomeranged back home. Usually after having my feet slip and being lucky enough not to fall.

Congratulations on Your continuing success as I see You posted this.
    9 hours ago, completed her food and exercise diary for 2/13/2017 and was under her calorie goal
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Valentine's Day! ( though if you read this Weds. It is a day late!) <3

Doing good so far! I am holding at present, but feel a little more energy and feel lighter, even is the scale does not show it yet. I did measure and lost an inch here and there. Always a good sign.

The cat link was hilarious, especially the possum! That would give me a heart attack! I guess I will not complain about spiders anymore! Not much gets past May May however!

Isn't it funny our DR's treat us, and yet it takes so long to recognize certain things, like being carb sensitive. I remember on a special report that it was said Dr's get very little training in nutrition and diet in the over all scheme of things, and hardly anything up to date. I am sure I have that Metabolic Syndrome, though mine has never said that. He rarely tells me my lab results, just offers encouragement if okay, or frowns if not! I sometimes forget to ask. I wish they would just send a copy of the labs home with you...

I flatten cartons, but do not bother with lids! I wonder how many regenerated? :D

Have a good day! Keep warm!! ..Jan B) 40's at nite! 60-70 days.... ;)
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7710 steps. The temperature is 34 degrees and that is a warmer than yesterday. I stopped at the Grocery Store for Bananas while walking

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

P.S. From Here Yesterday
    https://thewest.com.au/news/offbeat/kfc-new-zealand-gave-away-two-fried-chicken-bouquets-for-valentines-day-ng-b88386141z

KFC New Zealand gave away two fried chicken bouquets for Valentine’s Day
    Forget flowers, take her to New Zealand and gift her a bouquet of fried chicken.

In a move which has delighted chicken lovers across the globe, KFC New Zealand made a limited number of fried chicken bouquets “for a couple of special chicken lovers out there”.

The KFC NZ page uploaded a photo two days ago, requesting lovers to “tag the wind beneath your chicken wings” for a chance to win.

The two winners were notified in the comments of the post, with one posting to the page saying it was “being devoured...although such a shame to destroy something so beautiful.”
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Valentine's Day! ( though if you read this Weds. It is a day late!) <3

Doing good so far! I am holding at present, but feel a little more energy and feel lighter, even is the scale does not show it yet. I did measure and lost an inch here and there. Always a good sign.

The cat link was hilarious, especially the possum! That would give me a heart attack! I guess I will not complain about spiders anymore! Not much gets past May May however!

Isn't it funny our DR's treat us, and yet it takes so long to recognize certain things, like being carb sensitive. I remember on a special report that it was said Dr's get very little training in nutrition and diet in the over all scheme of things, and hardly anything up to date. I am sure I have that Metabolic Syndrome, though mine has never said that. He rarely tells me my lab results, just offers encouragement if okay, or frowns if not! I sometimes forget to ask. I wish they would just send a copy of the labs home with you...

I flatten cartons, but do not bother with lids! I wonder how many regenerated? :D

Have a good day! Keep warm!! ..Jan B) 40's at nite! 60-70 days.... ;)

Hi Jan
    It is indeed a day late and here I forgot to wish anyone a Happy valentines Day :(

Losing a inch here and there is better than a weight loss as IMO that is a sign that You replaced fat with the more dense Muscle, Congrats on that.

I make sure to get a copy of the Lab results from the doctors office before I leave and they are willing to print them out for me.

Also Congratulations on Completing the food Diary and 195 days logging in.
    Roger