February 2017 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I braved wind gusts of up to 40 mph to get in an awesome long bike ride on Saturday. Couldn't pass up the opportunity with the record high temps! Adding 33.93 miles.

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 5.4 miles

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    2/13
    31.42 miles
    312.31 miles MTD
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    @vhuber: Oh, my heart hurts for you. I am so sorry to hear about you sweet pup.

My 23rd Jump Rope for Heart event today. My tootsies are pooped.
    Adding 12 miles for walking and jumping rope for 5 miles and 7 miles of cycling.
    TTD: 168.3 miles

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Finally on the board with 14 miles out of 200.

Adding 8 miles for 22 out of 200.

Adding 14 miles for 36 out of 200.

Adding 14 more miles for 50 out of 200

Adding 14 more miles for 64 out of 200. What are the odds I would get 14 miles three days in a row. Truth be told, it was 14.1, 14.3 and 14.2 but I'm in to rounding to even numbers so I can do the math (most of the time).

Adding 21 miles for 85 out of 200.

Adding 12 miles for 97 out of 200.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words and Yes my little fur baby died today. This may gross some of you out but I then bathed him, dried him off and then double bagged him. He will sit in one of our extra freezers until our ground becomes warm enough to bury him by our past fur babies. I will miss him greeting me and how he LOVED to snuggle. :'(
    Even though it was an emotional day for me I got in 7.5 hrs @ work, cleaned for my bachelor friend, did 1 mile on the treadmill and 11 on the ex bike. I sure hope rest comes to me tonight because it sure hasn't for the last 3 nights.

exercise.png
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    71.77 total miles

exercise.png

• micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Walked 5.08 between yesterday and today.
    28.34/60 total miles
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    Thanks for your kind words and Yes my little fur baby died today. This may gross some of you out but I then bathed him, dried him off and then double bagged him. He will sit in one of our extra freezers until our ground becomes warm enough to bury him by our past fur babies. I will miss him greeting me and how he LOVED to snuggle. :'(
    Even though it was an emotional day for me I got in 7.5 hrs @ work, cleaned for my bachelor friend, did 1 mile on the treadmill and 11 on the ex bike. I sure hope rest comes to me tonight because it sure hasn't for the last 3 nights.

I am sorry about your loss. It never gets easier. Sometimes staying busy makes it hurt less. I hope the warm memories make the sting of the loss hurt less.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    @vhuber - I only count miles that I did for the express purpose of exercise. The rest I just figure I would be doing no matter what.

That being said, with all the people who mentioned fitbits, does anyone else notice a difference between actual miles and what fitbit says you have? I have known that mine have been off and on shorter runs, I guess I just didn't care too much, but last Friday, I did 10 miles on the treadmill and my fitbit said I only had 7.78 miles! I am taller than average so I assume my stride is longer than fitbit gives me credit for. I do turn in my fitbit miles for a walking club at work and realize that even though being shorted by about 20% and I am still in the top 3 for total miles in this club. I don't usually pay attention to the mileage on the fitbit, but only what the treadmill or my Garmin says. I just really feel I got cheated on my 10 mile day! LOL! Sorry...end of fitbit rant.

2/6 - 13 miles
    2/7 - 8 miles
    2/8 - 6 miles
    2/10 - 10 miles
    2/11 - 3 miles (my 3rd Warrior Dash completed!)

91/180

• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 7.5 miles

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hello again everyone! Happy Valentine's Day! It's my first day off work since January 24th (I think I was off that day anyway). Today I am getting out for a walk and not thinking about anyone's taxes. I am strongly considering not answering the phone if the office calls too. I have added some miles but they are all from parking further from the door and taking short mental health breaks when I get a chance. Hopefully I will be able to take more time for myself the rest of the month and catch up.

Added 12.5 more miles for a February total of 13.5 miles. Time to get serious now.

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

@VHUBER - I am so sorry too....that's so heartwrenching to lose a beloved fur baby. My heart goes out to you.

@LISAH8969 - Have you set your height in the settings on your profile? Even then it only takes an average stride based on your height and then it gives you the same stride length as if you were walking. But in the settings you can also adjust your stride length for running and walking. It will require a little measuring, but it would be much more accurate and then it would give you more mileage when it detects you're running (based on a faster cadence than walking).

@CLEPANT - I can't jumprope to save my life. I can hop the rope the first time, but the second time it comes around....no way. I'm so uncoordinated at that!! :laugh:

@TAXMOM9093 - Great to see you still at it despite your cuh-razy work schedule right now!!! :drinker:

Wishing a Happy Valentine's Day to all of you and those you love. :heart:

Dave
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @vhuber So sorry for your loss! HUGS

Adding 4.96 miles for runs/ walking yesterday. If I'd realized I was that close to 5, I would have kept walking!

exercise.png
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,804 Member
    Options
    2/14
    28.57 miles
    340.88 miles MTD
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Finally on the board with 14 miles out of 200.

Adding 8 miles for 22 out of 200.

Adding 14 miles for 36 out of 200.

Adding 14 more miles for 50 out of 200

Adding 14 more miles for 64 out of 200. What are the odds I would get 14 miles three days in a row. Truth be told, it was 14.1, 14.3 and 14.2 but I'm in to rounding to even numbers so I can do the math (most of the time).

Adding 21 miles for 85 out of 200.

Adding 12 miles for 97 out of 200.

Adding 12 miles for 109 out of 200.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,282 Member
    Options
    02/13 - 6.71 miles
    02/14 - 7.76 miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

Chris
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    Feb. 14: Adding 12.5 miles of walking 5 miles and 7.2 miles of cycling
    TTD: 180.5 miles

exercise.png

Vhuber: I am so sorry about your fur baby. You are so wonderful to take such good care of him. And no it is not gross. I would do the same thing until the ground thawed. I hope you get some sleep.

Happy Valentine's Day!

This discussion has been closed.