Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 2 done! I can't believe there's only one more left!!!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    fitchick37 wrote: »
    I ticked off w4d3...still super achy in the calf muscles, need to sort that

Try doing some foam rolling on those calves after your run... or give yourself a nice deep calf massage if you don't have a roller.

Also, prior to running, some good dynamic stretching that includes calves is really good. The best one I found was to find some stairs or curb: (part 1) put ball of both feet on the edge of the step and alternate flexing each heel downward for 10-15 reps; (part 2) put one heel at the edge of the step and flex the toes downward for 10-15 reps and repeat with other foot. If you don't have a railing to hold on to for part 1, then I would recommend doing one foot at a time for balance.

Great job everyone, you guys and gals are rockin' it!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »

Great! Do you have a race in mind?
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    showjumper wrote: »
    Ok I almost procrastinated myself out of running tonight... I did get W6D2 done tonight! I started at 9:49pm and it wasn't great... but it's in the books now. Unfortunately, so are the intervals!

I have done this so many times, running as late as 11pm. But I quite enjoy the calm cold and cloak of darkness. I have my blinkers but no one can see how purple my face is!
  • emerrywe
    Options
    Just realized I have to start getting up earlier to fit my run in starting week 6. Guess I'm getting up at 5 now.

It's family day in BC, so I dont' have to work tomorrow, but I'll get up and run anyway.

@Tacklewasher I am in Victoria. Small cyberworld.
  • emerrywe
    Options
    Week 6 Day2 Done! Felt great. Plus I have been doing pilates every day (for 4 days) which has activated my core. I am feeling very strong, aligned, with a relaxed neck and calm breath. I highly recommend pilates as a great companion program!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »

Great! Do you have a race in mind?

I don't unfortunately! There aren't any on here, the only 5K that looks fab is a Colour Run, but it"s not an actual run, it's more a "walk with friends and climb on inflatables to really loud music" thing. I'll just need to wait for the right opportunity :) And work on my speed. I don't think I'm reaching 5K just yet, more like 3,5 or 4
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Finished week 8 day 1 today. RunDouble has a week 9, but I'm going to switch to the 5 to 10 k program on there instead.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    W7,D2 complete in the blustery snow. I wanted to quit so bad today but I just kept putting one foot in front of the other until it was done. There was no way I was going to quit and then have to repeat it! It wasn't physical weakness as much as mental weakness. Bleh...
  • upsaluki
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    W7,D2 complete in the blustery snow. I wanted to quit so bad today but I just kept putting one foot in front of the other until it was done. There was no way I was going to quit and then have to repeat it! It wasn't physical weakness as much as mental weakness. Bleh...

Great job persevering.
  • khogue1990
    khogue1990 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    W5D2 complete! Nervous, but ready, for my first day with no intervals.
  • FitCurves1818
    FitCurves1818 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So I was all set to do W5D3 yesterday but when I got to the gym every treadmill was occupied and instead of waiting I just got on the elliptical. Then, I vowed to do it this morning before work, but I hit snooze one too many times to make it happen. I have my clothes to hit the gym after work today to get it done. I'm psyching myself out. I've hit a mental roadblock.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    W6D3 tomorrow. 25 minutes. Not looking forward to that at all. Need to make sure I get a good sleep tonight.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    @FitCurves1818 Don't psych yourself out. You have put in the base work. Now believe in yourself! You can do it! Slow your pace if you need to but just keep putting one step in front of the other.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Got a cold from my son and feel very tired and sore. Was planning to go running today, but doubt now... :)
  • upsaluki
    Options
    gw699unhepmk.png

Congrats!